Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matt416

How to properly apply BP?

Hello Family,

I just purchased the Kit from Acne.org and began right away! I'm excited! Here's my question. Since I am just beginning and using a half pump of BP, am I suppose to gently rub the BP until my face is dry? Because of the small amount I'm assuming that I dries up pretty quick. Also, when do I begin to apply a full pump? Two full Pumps? Its my third day and here is my current regimen:

Full Pump Cleanser - Less then 10 seconds - Pat Dry

Half Pump BP - Until dry? And I do wait 5-10 minutes after my showers.

Full Pump Moisturizer - After 5-10 minutes after BP I gently apply moisturizer for about 3-4 minutes.

Please let me know if this is correct or incorrect! I want to clear my face ASAP =)

I will do whatever it takes!

Any suggestions please feel free to reply!

It will help us all =)

Thank you family!

Mathew =)

Yep, you gently move the BP around your face until it's absorbed. You can move up to a full pump in a week or two, depending on how well your skin takes to it, then up to a pump and a half a week or two after that, and then finally to the full two pumps a week or two after that.

Are you doing The Regimen both in the morning and at night?

Hello Family,

I just purchased the Kit from Acne.org and began right away! I'm excited! Here's my question. Since I am just beginning and using a half pump of BP, am I suppose to gently rub the BP until my face is dry? Because of the small amount I'm assuming that I dries up pretty quick. Also, when do I begin to apply a full pump? Two full Pumps? Its my third day and here is my current regimen:

Full Pump Moisturizer - After 5-10 minutes after BP I gently apply moisturizer for about 3-4 minutes.

Please let me know if this is correct or incorrect! I want to clear my face ASAP =)

It will help us all =)

Thank you family!

Mathew =)

I am. Both morning and at night. I was using SA before I began this regimen, do you think that I can do a full pump now? Or just wait my turn and take it slow?

Thanks for the input!

Take your time with The Regimen. I've seen a lot of posts from people that increase their dosage too quickly and end up with irritated, red, severely peeling skin. Dry, flaky skin is normal early on in The Regimen, but rushing things can lead to over-drying which can be really uncomfortable.

You need to give your skin time to adjust to the Benzoyl Peroxide when you start using it and after each time you increase the amount you're using.

Hello Family,

It will help us all =)

Thank you family!

Mathew =)

I am. Both morning and at night. I was using SA before I began this regimen, do you think that I can do a full pump now? Or just wait my turn and take it slow?

Thanks for the input!

Ok! Now I began Monday night. Should I increase every Monday? I can't tell if/when my face is "getting used to" the BP.

Ok! Now I began Monday night. Should I increase every Monday? I can't tell if/when my face is "getting used to" the BP.

If you want to try increasing your dosage every week, go ahead and try it. If your skin gets too dry or irritated at any point, move your dosage back down a little until your face recovers before trying to increase the dosage again.

I don't know exactly how your skin will respond to the BP, because everybody's different. Some people need to take it slower than others. You need to figure out how your skin is reacting to the treatment and proceed accordingly.

If you want to try increasing your dosage every week, go ahead and try it. If your skin gets too dry or irritated at any point, move your dosage back down a little until your face recovers before trying to increase the dosage again.

I don't know exactly how your skin will respond to the BP, because everybody's different. Some people need to take it slower than others. You need to figure out how your skin is reacting to the treatment and proceed accordingly.

Yeah. True. Trial and Error. See what works and see what doesn't. Alright I will let you know how it works! Thanks for the advice!