Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bolt187

What's the worse thing someone in the public has said to you?

Was working in the store earlier and some mother with her like 5-7 year old son came in she was purchasing something then the boy said to the mother really loud, " Why's that boys face covered in spots everywhere".

I know he's only a kid and it's not his fault but just really got me down.

What is the worse thing someone has said about you?

ahh that must have hurt!! never beeing a jedi sjeez :P and i thought my life sucked :P

i know what your saying bolt187, i sometimes can just seriously hate kids, for they say such cruel things sometimes, because they dont understand what it does to you (then again, some grown ups dont seem to understand either, assh*les)

i especially hate it when kids say: mum or dad, whats that on his face? as if it is some terrible decease

i dont know exactly what the worst thing was that someone said to me, i never really see many kids, and the people i work with are grown enough to not say anything about my face

on new years party person i didn't know. i think exact words were what is that red spot near your nose did some one slap with a dick or something. Ppl were drunk it didn't hit me first than i was wtf

It's okay bolt. Don't let that get you down. It's a kid, and he is only curious. Brushing it off can be hard (especially in public), but just try to remember that.

I get them all the time. not only from kids but from adults too.

Things that have been said to me were:

'did you get stitches on your face?'

'did your face get burnt?"

'hey what happened to your face?"

and probably more but I cant think of more at this time. Those were stuff that was said directly to me. There are much more comments made about me in front of my face but not directly to me.

I used to have girls come up to me and kiss me for "dares" then once the deed was done, they would skulk away laughing and commenting on how ugly I was.

Good times.

I used to have girls come up to me and kiss me for "dares" then once the deed was done, they would skulk away laughing and commenting on how ugly I was.

Good times.

Wow, that is freaking degrading. Luckily, no one has never really said anything about my face, but I don't have "much" in the first pace.

I was once called a spotty c*nt, before one of the guys punched me in the face... in the centre of town on a friday night.

Made me feel really good and I couldn't eat for days after with my fucked up jaw.

Good times.

Omg... That's so terrible, to put it mildly. Those girls literally had no conscience, DoomTrain. I've met many, many people like that, as well, unfortunately. It's horrifying to be near them.

I hope things are better for you nowadays, man.

Nothing to do with acne, but someone thought I was a boy. Ouch :rolleyes:

And then "Your skin's so pink and you blush so easily" Really? Gee, thanks.

And of course, that made me blush.

Oddly enough my friends and family have given me the hardest time, but I don't hate them for it. Tough love I guess.

Never been confronted by a complete stranger about acne.

No one has ever said anything to me, but the other day I was in class and someone said

"Wow, do you need a mirror? You have a lot of pimples you need to pop them." to a girl across the room.

I think she was trying to help, but she said it so loud that everyone turned around.

I was once called a spotty c*nt, before one of the guys punched me in the face... in the centre of town on a friday night.

That's why I hardly go out into town at night anymore. Because things like this happen a lot. Where I live there are plenty of stabbings, fights and other crimes going on. I also can't stand being around drunk people, btw. So whenever I do go out I'm back home before midnight.

Yeah, nothing about acne. Like The Effendi, though, I remember once in 7th grade a substitute teacher mistook me for a male while speaking to the entire class. That was moritifying.

I remember that, because right then and there I broke from my "boy-clothes" phase. :|

one time in class this girl came up to me and asked me very loud, Why do you have so much acne? then the whole class turned and stared at me. very awkward and embarassing.

guy told me i was uglier than a donkey's penis

I hate it when someone randomly mentions acne and everyone looks at you :| Some people actually TURN AROUND IN THEIR SEATS

Because you're the only one there with acne lol

Ugh

A foreign man in the office that I work in who I had never seen before or spoken to in my life first asked me what I was going to make copies of and then proceeded to say,

"You would be a beautiful girl if you didn't have all that acne. Do you eat eh greasy food, chips? Or drink coffee?"

At that point I was about to explode. I would be beautiful. And I haven't eaten potato chips or drank coffee in years (I'm a very healthy eater!), but I have just spent $150 in the past 2 months trying to get rid of this sh*t.

I never want anyone to acknowledge the fact that my acne is even there. I know people try to be helpful, but it just hurts even more to know that other people notice it. One girl who lives in my building tried to help me by suggesting I eat yogurt before going to bed. As if dermatologists don't exist for a reason. I have cystic acne, I don't think any yogurt is going to cure that.

I know I've never had something extremely offensive said to me (and I'm sorry to those who have), but one can only wonder what people are thinking.

Also, does anyone have friends who complain when they get like one zit? I had one in high school. Perfect face, but she would get like one medium-sized zit a month. Another girl who lives on my floor was in the bathroom one day complaining how she had just "broken out" and she was just squeezing some blackheads out of her face. I guess we all think we look worse than we really do.

A foreign man in the office that I work in who I had never seen before or spoken to in my life first asked me what I was going to make copies of and then proceeded to say,

"You would be a beautiful girl if you didn't have all that acne. Do you eat eh greasy food, chips? Or drink coffee?"

At that point I was about to explode. I would be beautiful. And I haven't eaten potato chips or drank coffee in years (I'm a very healthy eater!), but I have just spent $150 in the past 2 months trying to get rid of this sh*t.

I hate that, when people who don't suffer acne think that it's your fault if you do.

'Do you eat greasy food? Do you drink coffee? Try eating yoghourt. You need to wash your face'

Give us a break. :mad:

HI

I dont know how people can be so hurtful, I have been called so many names.

I had really severe acne, was on accutane for years (longest patient), antibiotics, anti androgens, the pill ..............u name it I tried it, now I am left with terrible scars that I have am trying my very best get rid of, laser isologen, peels etc

i have been called so many names and so many hurtful comments have been said, ome from strangers some by so called family members that I now hate, for now been more supportive. i have no confidence at all, and no friends as i dont go out except to work.

what is that on ur face?

what dont u try using sugar to wash ur face?

U are so ulgy?

spotty (by my leacture in university in front of the whoole class)

the list is endless

I feel like my life is ruined by this condition, my only reason for living is now to get skin that i can look at in the mirror without crying.

anyway the best of luck to everyone,

molly

Reading this, I feel your pain, having lived it myself.

It is easy to lead yourself to the conclusion that running into those people that have no idea what it is like, for lack of direct involvement, can lead you the suffer the risk of getting a hurtful comment from them.

Part of the difficulty is knowing the precise reason why people say what they do, whether this is just human tendency towards something they don't understand, or purely an individual's choice to take pleasure in your torment.

I can tell you this, barring this condition, the world is full of injustice for a myriad of reasons. Cruel things are done, often beyond the scope of our imagination. Really in the context of things, a careless comment should be dismissed, right?

One thing that isn't to be taken lightly, is someone physically harassing you. There are avenues that can be taken to address that issue.

SOS

Was working in the store earlier and some mother with her like 5-7 year old son came in she was purchasing something then the boy said to the mother really loud, " Why's that boys face covered in spots everywhere".

I know he's only a kid and it's not his fault but just really got me down.

What is the worse thing someone has said about you?

"Excuse me sir"..LOL. That's what she said.

My acne was real bad at that time and I would wear the big sweat pants, long baggy shirts and a hat ALL THE TIME.

Being as tall as I was, most people thought I was a man. I was just trying to hide my ever so bad acne.