Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyron

Any football players out there?

Do you think your helmet cause any breakouts? Or any kind of damage to your skin condition? I would appreciate answers from people other than active players too

A number of people in my team have skin problems too but i can't just go out and ask them about it. It would make me look weak. So did your brother find a solution for that?

Hey!!

One of my BEST friends boyfriend broke out really bad from probably his football uniform. EVEN his body...he broke out ALL over. I think it was the constant exposure to sweat etc..

He is using St. Ives. It seems to be working for him really well.

He uses these 2 I believe:

1. http://www.stives.com/skin-care-products/f...sh-cleanser.cfm

2. http://www.stives.com/skin-care-products/f...emish-scrub.cfm

I grabbed them at walmart for like $2-$3 each!!

They didn't have any St. Ives brand moisturizers while I was there, so I grabbed Bioré moisturizer..my favorite :)

Does anyone remember the post that a girl posted about her co-workers regimen? I remember it included St. Ives facewash or something...but I wanted to see if someone could re-post the link here.

Thanks!

p.s. I hope this helps!

Ugh helmets make everyone break out.

I don't do football but even wearing a helmet on a motorbike aggravates my face.

I do jujitsu n get terrible canvas burn down the side of my face sometimes which i'm sure you can imagine is REALLY embarrassing.

my face is actually clearer during football maybe because its from all the exercising and water and sun idk

How do you keep your helmet clean? I try to keep my hands away from my face all day long and then during trainings i can't help but always think about how my helmet's gonna affect my skin. My performance is also effected since i can't give my full attention to the game.

p.s:we're not talking about soccer right?:)

lol ya im not talking about soccer...i play football and lacrosse, both sports require a helmet and a lot of sweat and dirt...i honestly dont even clean my helmet i just shower before and after

Hey!!

One of my BEST friends boyfriend broke out really bad from probably his football uniform. EVEN his body...he broke out ALL over. I think it was the constant exposure to sweat etc..

He is using St. Ives. It seems to be working for him really well.

He uses these 2 I believe:

1. http://www.stives.com/skin-care-products/f...sh-cleanser.cfm

2. http://www.stives.com/skin-care-products/f...emish-scrub.cfm

I grabbed them at walmart for like $2-$3 each!!

They didn't have any St. Ives brand moisturizers while I was there, so I grabbed Bioré moisturizer..my favorite :)

Does anyone remember the post that a girl posted about her co-workers regimen? I remember it included St. Ives facewash or something...but I wanted to see if someone could re-post the link here.

Thanks!

p.s. I hope this helps!

St. Ives scrub is just about the worst thing that you can use on your face, IMHO. The "scrub" part is crushed apricot pits with very sharp edges, so while you are "scrubbing", you are scratching.

There are numerous other products that are far superior to this one.

As for outbreak relative to equipment:

Some people are more sensitive than others. Begin a good basic regimen, then keep your equipment clean. My son plays football (the soccer variety) and has some skin issues. We solved them by having two pair of shin guards that we wash daily, so that they dry thoroughly before the next practise/match (he plays 6 days/week) and two pair of cleats, so that they can air dry properly between wearings. It was expensive at first, but it was worth it.

At the very least, you can wash your chin strap. Do any of you American football type know if helmets can be washed?

Generally it's the chin strap that causes break outs for me, but I usually have to share a helmet and its cleanliness is clearly an issue there!

Pads generally cause irritation for back and shoulders etc, does make things slightly worse there

I play lacrosse and I used to breakout badly on my chin from my chin strap. I also had body acne during my last season, but I don't think my shoulder pads caused any extra breakouts.

Unfortunately, I didn't really find a solution. It was all just a battle against acne for me. I did clean my chin strap with alcohol though. I'm not sure if that helped. After going on Accutane though, I've had a lot less problems.

When I played I would put get some hand sanitizer and rub it on the chin strap, the two ear pads, and the pad near your forehead. As for breaking out on your body, I dont know how to prevent that other than wear a shirt with your pads rather than just putting the pads right on your skin

As for breaking out on your body, I dont know how to prevent that other than wear a shirt with your pads rather than just putting the pads right on your skin

The moisture wicking shirts are great for this. (think UnderArmour)

Bro I play football too and I never noticed any more acne than usual. I just made sure to keep my helmet/ chin strap clean. Also when I was done with football I washed my face off right after practice. And another thing is trying not to touch your face so much because of all the dirt and crap on your hands. Good luck!

i used to play baseball in high school and didn't really see a difference in acne with or without my helmet. what it did do tho was make me paranoid that wearing my helment was aggravating my acne. :shifty: