Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peaches3450

Drinking water is hard...

You can get 64 oz bottles from Wal*mart. I know you said the 32 was hard enough, but if you start with the 64, you won't have to reload. Even if you can only get to the halfway mark, day by day you can start easing yourself to go past it. It may take a couple of days to get to where you can down the whole thing in one day, but it's worth it in the end. Like some of the previous posters have said, exercising helps in making you drink more as well.

Do you mean iced tea? Because unless you are talking about herbals, or iced tea which is so diluted, tea is a diuretic and could be dehydrating you.

Iced tea=EWWWW. No seriously, tea should be made from leaves, or at least some parts of plants. Not little bundles of sugar and coloring agents.

I'm talking about the true teas: green (big fan of matcha), white, seldom black, because it's got too much caffeine. Also herbals - I'm a big fan of lemongrass tea, and of mint. Rooibos ain't bad either. I'm also a fan of barley tea (proven to help with preventing high blood pressure, and has aminoacids and other fun stuff). It's also deliciously toasty.

Not only do they taste better then plain ol' boring water, most of them have antioxidants, or other good effects on the body.

i like drinking water, but i do think it's a chore wondering am i getting the proper amount? so personally i just drink whenever i feel like it. lol. at first, it was hard to get used to drinking mainly water, but after a while your body gets used to it and once you taste soda, it's pretty strong.

Do you mean iced tea? Because unless you are talking about herbals, or iced tea which is so diluted, tea is a diuretic and could be dehydrating you.

Iced tea=EWWWW. No seriously, tea should be made from leaves, or at least some parts of plants. Not little bundles of sugar and coloring agents.

What??? I'm of course talking about iced tea made from leaves. Which is of course, not ewww.

And if you are not talking about iced tea which is very dilluted when you say you drink tons, and you are mostly drinking tea as in Camellia sinensis, which is a diuretic, then you are possibly dehydrating yourself unless you are also drinking tons of plain water or tons of some other non-diuretic tea.

What??? I'm of course talking about iced tea made from leaves. Which is of course, not ewww.

Ok, this may be a difference of location, as in my european country, peoples definition of iced tea, is instant iced tea. So iced tea to you is cooled tea with ice?

And if you are not talking about iced tea which is very dilluted when you say you drink tons, and you are mostly drinking tea as in Camellia sinensis, which is a diuretic, then you are possibly dehydrating yourself unless you are also drinking tons of plain water or tons of some other non-diuretic tea.

Except that the diuretic effect of the caffeine found in tea is very mild. Whatever water is flushed out urged on by the minute part of the tea that constitutes caffeine, it's outweighed by the 250ml worth of water that the caffeine comes in. The idea that tea is such a strong diuretic that it's useless using it as hydration - this idea is a myth. A common myth, but still bunk.

For refference this page: >http://www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk/studentwebs/session4/5/summarie.htm (scroll down for the title with tea)

i thought of another one the other day: flavored water, like crystal light. Make water interesting. someone might've already said this. o well.

i thought of another one the other day: flavored water, like crystal light. Make water interesting. someone might've already said this. o well.

Yes, I like carbonated water

Ok, this may be a difference of location, as in my european country, peoples definition of iced tea, is instant iced tea. So iced tea to you is cooled tea with ice?

Yes, of course, except it's more diluted. You'd use the amount of tea for 2-4 cups to make a quart/liter or so depending on how strong you like it. You can brew it strong, then add water or just use a lot of water in the first place. And you generally steep for longer than in hot tea, so more of the good stuff is released into the water. But too long and it can get a bitter, even musty taste which apparently some people like. Asians like Vietnamese and Thai people make it that way and then add a ton of sugar. I'm not a fan.

Try it next time you have a heat wave. With lemon, it's the best drink there is on a hot day. And I can't imagine why they would sell instant iced tea in a place where they 1) don't drink iced tea and 2) commonly have tea on hand to make it properly if they wanted it. Who would buy it?

I was imagining that you were talking about that bottled or canned crap like Nestea which is a Coca Cola or Pepsi product.

And yeah, sure, I shouldn't have actually said it was dehydrating. More that it isn't having the hydrating effect of water because of the amount of caffeine. So you can't count one cup of caffeinated tea in as one of your 8 glasses a day or 2 liters a day or however much water you are trying to get.

hahaha it really is. I tried drinking 8 glasses of water daily, and I lasted about one day. It's like in order to drink that much you have to constantly be thinking about it.

hows it so hard, i have a 32 oz cup near me usually drink it in about 5min then back after its empty and fill it up. normally fill my water bottle at gym up at least 3x.

O assume I'm takin in least 1 - 2 gallons a day.

When I am not working I drink about 3 litres a day, I have started drinking a green tea of a morning, then a hot glass of water with some lemon juice added to it....

I remember once years ago I drunk about 6 litres of water in one day and the next day my skin was much clearer, but who can drink that much each day/ I end up pissing like every 5 mins, its terrible LOL.

I have tried juices and smoothies and nothing has worked. They say water clears the skin but I still have crappy skin and Im 28 AND drink water daily...

Any ideas people?

Trent

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

I go through phases with water. I often don't have much of a hankering for it, but if I force myself to drink it for a coupla days then I can't stop. Right now I'd say I'm drinking 1.5-2 liters a day. I work an office job, at a desk pretty much all day. I have a cup; probably 16 ounces, that I keep on my desk. There's a filtered water cooler about 15 steps from my desk, on the way to the bathroom. I fill it probably 3-5 times a day, on average. At home, I keep a 1 liter bottle around and fill it when I get home from the filtered tap, and just cruise on it until I got o bed. I just finished tonight's bottle while I was reading this thread.

One thing that's really helped me is having a reminder to start drinking during the day. Like I said, I work a desk job. I also take a handful of vitamins throughout the day. The nature of my job is quiet and even keel one minute and hectic the next. If it weren't for reminders, I'd never remember to do anything but work.

So, I set up alarms on my computer. I drink my one cup of coffee in the morning, which I'm always done with by 8:45 or so. I get a reminder at 9:15 to get water. At 9:30, 10:30, 12:30, 2, and 3:30 to take various vitamins and supplements. With the reminder to get moving on water early on in the day (hardly first thing; I'm at my desk at 7:30), I get my body and my mind in the rhythm of it. With all the vitamins, I need a lot of water to take them and wash them down properly. And I usually just have water with lunch, though sometimes I'll get a soda or bring some juice from home. Mostly, though, anything else tastes too strong.

I know it's good for your skin, and your overall health, to get at least 6-8 cups of pure water per day to stay hydrated and flush your body of toxins and impurities. But does anyone else find it really hard to do this daily? I carry a 32 oz water bottle to work, and it takes me all day to drink it. Once I get home I'm tired of drinking liquids and usually just have a small glass of water or juice with dinner. I'm always on the verge of dehydration, but just don't feeel like driking that much liquids in general! Anyone else feel this way??

I FEEL THIS WAY!! It's really hard for me to drink water throughout the day when I work in a hospital filled with energy drinks and soda galore! I have really been trying lately (my face is HORRID) but I just can't find the motivation where there is caffeine around. :(

Water is so yummy! Like Suzy mentioned you really do need to force yourself to drink water. It is very beneficial for your overall health. Make it like a game for yourself. Try to drink 64oz of water while at work. You would only need to drink 2 of your 32oz bottles a day. Try that for 2 weeks and reward yourself with a shopping trip or something. I know it sounds silly but it just might work.

Water is your friend, it quenches your thirst, keeps you clean, heck it keeps you cool on those hot summer days.

I love water I have a 24oz water bottle that I fill up about 6 times a day.

That is too much water! Thats 18 glasses of water

hahaha it really is. I tried drinking 8 glasses of water daily, and I lasted about one day. It's like in order to drink that much you have to constantly be thinking about it.

Thats not true! Add ice to it! Its easy to get eight glasses of water. What are you drinking?

Use a straw. Seriously, it works.

I have to agree with you on this. I have such an easier time when I have a straw, even as much as I love water. I drink it all day...have a cup on my desk that I refill 2-3 times per day. I am in Spiro to so I have to drink as much as I can.

I also LOVE crushed ice that has been in water a few minutes so it's a little softer...I could munch on crushed ice all day long. Wish I had it at work.

Adding lemon to water also helps, or heck...you could even add a strawberry or blueberry, whatever fruit you like to give a light, natural taste. Whatever helps you drink it more.

I am the same.. I have a difficult time drinking fluids. I dont know why. But i hate HATE soda. I try to make myself drink water...after i feel kinda sick and it sloshes around in my stomache... i thought it was just me.. I do love tea and sweet iced tea, though.

Try a flavored water. I never liked drinking water. I picked up Propel fitness water, and and I drink 2-3 bottles a day without thinking about it. Its lightly flavored. 2g sugar compared to 13g sugar in vitamin water.

I use to be in the very same position as most of you guys. I didn't like the taste of water and would only drink if I was extremely thirsty. However, I wanted to start drinking water more so what I would do is slowly increase my water intake by small increments. From just drinking just a cup or two of water max a day, I've managed to gulp down 8 glasses a day now w/o much struggle.

It was necessity for me anyways, seeing as how I began weight lifting and playing basketball nearly everyday in the summer. And in plus, I had to drink water since I abstained from soda, sugar drinks, etc.

Water is so yummy! Like Suzy mentioned you really do need to force yourself to drink water. It is very beneficial for your overall health. Make it like a game for yourself. Try to drink 64oz of water while at work. You would only need to drink 2 of your 32oz bottles a day. Try that for 2 weeks and reward yourself with a shopping trip or something. I know it sounds silly but it just might work.

Water is your friend, it quenches your thirst, keeps you clean, heck it keeps you cool on those hot summer days.

I love water I have a 24oz water bottle that I fill up about 6 times a day.

Thats not true! Add ice to it! Its easy to get eight glasses of water. What are you drinking?

I am still alive and kicking drinking my 24oz container up to 6 times a day, you do you, I'll do me :)

Sorry, but that's just wrong. It's pretty much all relative. I guess that would be too much if you live a sedentary life. However, for a large portion of people, they need to drink a gallon+ if they exercise and workout almost daily.

I started drinking water frequently this year, before I'd never drink water, even if my mom tells me to do so more often. Nowadays I love it so much my mom can't keep up with refilling the jug! :)

I drink about 3 liters a day. I bring 1 liter to school (I strategically drink it the period before I could go to the bathroom after!), and drink 2 while I'm at home.

I try to drink 4 liters when I'm at home the whole day.

It does make me run to the bathroom a lot, but it's worth it knowing you're letting out all those nasty toxins! :dance: