Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Many of you have tried hundreds types of acne medication, agonized over books and the internet with research about it and taken pills upon pills upon pills. I know this because I've been in this situation. I've felt like I tried it all and I even added an extra hour of exercise to my schedule to help my blood circulate. Haha it's like i'm training to become at my ultimate health peak, but really I just want clear skin. Then there's stress, which everyone has.

I wanted a different approach to life. So today I meditated. It was the most pure, peaceful feeling I've felt in a long time. I was in a room with soothing music and just forgot about all of my worries and what I have to do and live up to. I didn't know the scale of how much this could really help me mentally and physically until I looked up some benefits online and it lists reduced stress, new perspective on life, emotionally healthy, and just a overall control of your emotions. Meditating helps you accept yourself for who you are in that moment, fully. And really, it's just something personal for anyone who wants to try it. I'm wondering who else has and how has it been beneficial for you?

:)

I tried Yoga for a little bit, but it was extremely frustrating for me and only worsened my mood. :confused:

I'm a pretty optimistic and very happy person, anyway--to dash all of my worries away, I'd say, would be involving something with nature or with my family; boating on the ocean, hiking the rainforest, watching the stars... any one of these not only bring a natural and genuine high for me, but given the right circumstances can move me to tears.

Personally, I seek the wonder in everything--yes, I love science and aspire to be an astronaut in the field of biology, but even if I can look at things from a logical point of view, simply allowing my mind to wander to different worlds is my very own detox. :) Try looking at the stars one night alone, and just allow yourself to consider all of the magnificent worlds that lay untouched and unknown so far away. Add a little peaceful music, and I'll need you to pass me the Kleenex!

Something as simple as this makes me forget my acne--heck, it makes me forget about ANYTHING that's causing me even the slightest stress in life. I would never let my physical appearance inhibit me from experiencing these astounding emotions, anyway. :)

I tried Yoga for a little bit, but it was extremely frustrating for me and only worsened my mood. :confused:

I'm a pretty optimistic and very happy person, anyway--to dash all of my worries away, I'd say, would be involving something with nature or with my family; boating on the ocean, hiking the rainforest, watching the stars... any one of these not only bring a natural and genuine high for me, but given the right circumstances can move me to tears.

Personally, I seek the wonder in everything--yes, I love science and aspire to be an astronaut in the field of biology, but even if I can look at things from a logical point of view, simply allowing my mind to wander to different worlds is my very own detox. :) Try looking at the stars one night alone, and just allow yourself to consider all of the magnificent worlds that lay untouched and unknown so far away. Add a little peaceful music, and I'll need you to pass me the Kleenex!

Something as simple as this makes me forget my acne--heck, it makes me forget about ANYTHING that's causing me even the slightest stress in life. I would never let my physical appearance inhibit me from experiencing these astounding emotions, anyway. :)

That's amazing you've been able to experience that! I can't say that I've met a lot of people in real life or even on these message boards that can say they've lived with those memories in mind. I would love to watch the stars at night and just clear my mind one summer, it's really fascinating to me since looking up to a entirely different universe makes (or would make me) feel like I'm a tiny speck in what makes humanity real and that there is sooooooo much to know and to love in the world. It really puts things into perspective and on a higher more optimistic level. Psh, acne's nothin. Thanks for replying, I liked your point of view.

ps-hiking in the rainforsest? Fascinating, because I don't live anywhere near one. It must be pretty cool to see the wildlife.

It was difficult at first. Very hard to keep the negative thoughts away. I was able to finally relax and give it a good try. It was a nice experience to feel calm for once. I've tried some of Osho's techniques, and I would love to visit the Osho mediation resort in India. Tranquility and peace are what I need in my life.

when i meditate visualising using the law of attraction puts me in a good mood, motivates me and is slowly giving me what i want, so try it out :)

That's amazing you've been able to experience that! I can't say that I've met a lot of people in real life or even on these message boards that can say they've lived with those memories in mind. I would love to watch the stars at night and just clear my mind one summer, it's really fascinating to me since looking up to a entirely different universe makes (or would make me) feel like I'm a tiny speck in what makes humanity real and that there is sooooooo much to know and to love in the world. It really puts things into perspective and on a higher more optimistic level. Psh, acne's nothin. Thanks for replying, I liked your point of view.

ps-hiking in the rainforsest? Fascinating, because I don't live anywhere near one. It must be pretty cool to see the wildlife.

Thank you! I really suggest you try it, and forget everything else. You needn't have a scientific love for the universe or astronomy to elicit powerful emotions, either--I feel it is human kind's nature to feel a rush of wonder with the unknown and potential adventure, and that alone makes it a humbling experience.

Also, I unforunately don't live in the rainforest (sub-tropics), but I've visited numerous times. It's such a magnificent place--full of different sights and sounds each time you go, and a completely different setting from urban life. Magnificent. :)