Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i really don't want this to ruin my summer.

i can't live without coverup and makeup and all those ways that i hide. without clear skin, i don't feel like i can go swimming or wear less clothes or anything. i just want to cover myself up and hide, and that's not how i want to live. that's not me. i love being outdoors and enjoying fresh air and sunshine with all my friends.

summer is my favorite season for how romantic and carefree and bright it is. it just won't be the same with a face full of spots. :[

i was thinking the same thing today, how im dreading it sooo much. i wish it could b winter all year round so i could cover up in lots of layers of clothing and lots of layers of makeup. the fact that the days are getting longer and longer is bothering me alot. i can't stand the daylight, because of my acne.

Go out and have fun anyway...pretty soon you'll lose yourself in the moment and forget completely about acne. That's the secret, that's all. Go out and have fun anyway! Get in the habit of being positive, going out and not being reclusive and hermit-like or yes, you will get unhappier and dwell on your skin and anything else that's negative in your life.

a. i let acne ruin wayyy to many potential good times for me...just do it.

b. i went to typhoon lagoon two summers ago and wore dermablend concealer over my zits plus mac studio fix and was shocked when i got back to my hotel room to see that it had held up...maybe worth looking into?

Nothing can ruin your fun unless you allow it to. Staying indoors is one way to lose control. Stay in contact with the world. Becoming isolated will make you feel worse than you do at the moment.

aw I totally know how you feel. I dread when university is over in April so I can't use the whole: "oh guys I gotta study" excuse if I have a bad breakout.

Go out and have fun anyway...pretty soon you'll lose yourself in the moment and forget completely about acne. That's the secret, that's all. Go out and have fun anyway! Get in the habit of being positive, going out and not being reclusive and hermit-like or yes, you will get unhappier and dwell on your skin and anything else that's negative in your life.

agreed. the person who cares most about your acne is you. your friends will remain your friends

I understand that you feel bad, but you should know that, unlike what you think, not only most of the men don't really care about whether girls have acne or not, but even for some of us acne looks pretty on a girl.

In particular I am sure that in your case with your midl acne located on the jawline, cheeks and around the mouth, many would find you even more beautiful without the makeup. (plus, in any event, the shape of your face is really charming).

So cheer up, don't let bad thoughts take over you.

I know it sucks I use to avoid lots of stuff because of my skin but then I realized that I was the only one that cared. No one cares about your acne as much as you do. I think it would be best to just put on a smile and get out there and enjoy the world. I think you would regret letting all this stuff pass you by because of acne. Who cares what people think about you really! Go out and enjoy life, we never know when it is going to be ripped away from us!

R0ckst4r, try to get out and see the world. It doesn't always have to involve placing yourself in the thick of people if you know what I mean.

Would a face full of acne keep me from seeing a beautiful California beach sunset?, hell no!

SOS

Aw, I know what you mean.

I live in LAS VEGAS and it has already been acting like summer, started back in February, lol. The heat makes my face even redder, it sucks. It's so bright and sunny, you can see every damn mark and blemish on your face. And seriously, people around here have nice skin, I feel so alone in that respect.

*sigh*

Aw, I know what you mean.

I live in LAS VEGAS and it has already been acting like summer, started back in February, lol. The heat makes my face even redder, it sucks. It's so bright and sunny, you can see every damn mark and blemish on your face. And seriously, people around here have nice skin, I feel so alone in that respect.

*sigh*

um wow, you're like the only person on this whole topic who's not telling me to just suck it up lol

guys guys guys...

i'm not going to let bad skin "ruin my life". i still DO all the things i want to go out and do, it's just one of those things that's in the back of my mind all the time.

yeah, you shouldn't let acne get in the way, but you shouldn't totally ignore it either. i'm working on healing my skin so i can just plain look better and feel healthier, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Nothing can ruin your fun unless you allow it to. Staying indoors is one way to lose control. Stay in contact with the world. Becoming isolated will make you feel worse than you do at the moment.

Where did I write to suck it up in that post? All of the replies are supportive and encouraging. There's nothing that can be taken as dismissive of your problems in this thread. We just afraid of acne taking away what you love in life. Honestly, I think everyone here was trying to be polite. Everyone wants the best for you.