Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
story of my life

just got prescribed doxycycline 100mg

hello everyone , i am 22 male from FL, been suffering with cystic acne for 3 years now, until recenttly (3/13/09) i got to see a dermatologist here in the US (, beacuse before i was being treated out of the country ...long story, lets just say i still get stupid cysts and have deep scars) since i just got approved for health care insuarance i went yesetrerday , he prescribed me Doxycycline 100mg to be taken every morning , along with a some 5% benzol peroxide face wash to be used in mornings , and clindamycin phospate topical gel 1% to be applied at bedtime. the creams dont worry me too much, I AM just curious on anybodys experience with DOXYCYCLINE, please feel to reply and share your expericnes or opinions for this antibiotc pill. thank you ( and does anyone know if there are consequences for takin it along with PAroxitine or PAxil (its an antidepressants and anxiety pill...the pharmacist told me NO) thanks again

Hello! I have actually been on doxycycline for over a year now, since November of 2007. I have been taking it twice a day, so 200mg a day for me. Make sure that you eat something, even if it's a cracker, right before you take it. The medication can be pretty harsh.

Also, antiobitics tend to kill ALL bacteria, so it's important to keep your immune system as well off as possible by taking vitamins and taking probiotics, such as yogurt.

I haven't had cystic acne, but I had moderate, and it helped mine. It took about 2 months to start working, so if your face goes from bad to worse at first, just have patience.

I hope this works for you, and I hope you keep us updated! =)

hello everyone , i am 22 male from FL, been suffering with cystic acne for 3 years now, until recenttly (3/13/09) i got to see a dermatologist here in the US (, beacuse before i was being treated out of the country ...long story, lets just say i still get stupid cysts and have deep scars) since i just got approved for health care insuarance i went yesetrerday , he prescribed me Doxycycline 100mg to be taken every morning , along with a some 5% benzol peroxide face wash to be used in mornings , and clindamycin phospate topical gel 1% to be applied at bedtime. the creams dont worry me too much, I AM just curious on anybodys experience with DOXYCYCLINE, please feel to reply and share your expericnes or opinions for this antibiotc pill. thank you ( and does anyone know if there are consequences for takin it along with PAroxitine or PAxil (its an antidepressants and anxiety pill...the pharmacist told me NO) thanks again

I've been on Doxy for about 2 months now. Not long enough to see any improvement, but I agree with the above poster. TAKE IT WITH FOOD. I took it on an empty stomach just one time and I was upset the rest of the day. It really can do a number on your gut if you haven't eaten. As for taking it with Paxil, I take mine with Lexapro and though they are different drugs, they are fundamentally similar. Both are used for treating anxiety and depression. So it should be perfectally fine to take both. Good luck!

Doxycycline worked for a mild breakout during the summer. Take with food the first couple of days. Stomach pains can occur. I had a stomach ache for a day. My body adapted to the medication quickly. Results were noticeable at the fourth week of treatment. I only used this antibiotic for a month. Good luck.

ive suffered with cystic and bad acne for years nw, have been on doxy for about a month now.....good results have occasional breakouts but thats prob hormonal.... really cleared it up and prevents the bad cysts.. just drink lots of water when you take it... hope it works for you:xxxx