Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CF1200

Is anyone healthier because of acne?

Just a thought. Lots of people can eat and drink whatever they want, pay no attention to their skin whatsoever, get little regular sleep and never have a breakout. That's not me. Because of mild, but stubborn acne breakouts I pay attention to all those things. I exercise and meditate (pray) daily to alleviate stress, I eat lots of fruits and veggies and lean fish and meat. I drink green tea and watch my intake of dairy. I try to get at least 7 hours a night. Because of this, I'm in my mid-forties with a flat stomach and a clear head. Maybe my fight with acne will help me out in the long run. Any thoughts?

Maybe. I have always eaten somewhat healthy only because I was raised that way. NOt much sugar, no soda, dessert once in a while, no junk or fried foods. I am in my late 40's, walk every day, drink lots of water take vitamins but I still have break outs. I really don't know why I break out still. I think its just my genes and probably from the wonderful relative that I got my big backside from! I am also more stressed now, but as a parent you have stress with kids and jobs and just life. Like you I pray daily and in the long run I am more informed and gentle about my skin. Elf

Just a thought. Lots of people can eat and drink whatever they want, pay no attention to their skin whatsoever, get little regular sleep and never have a breakout. That's not me. Because of mild, but stubborn acne breakouts I pay attention to all those things. I exercise and meditate (pray) daily to alleviate stress, I eat lots of fruits and veggies and lean fish and meat. I drink green tea and watch my intake of dairy. I try to get at least 7 hours a night. Because of this, I'm in my mid-forties with a flat stomach and a clear head. Maybe my fight with acne will help me out in the long run. Any thoughts?

I think you may be on to something there!

Ive only recently (2yrs) started to suffer with it but Ive always taken pretty good care of my diet and skin care (to ward off acne would you believe?)

We shall reap the benefits of this healthy living as we get older, Ill bet you dont look your age! I dont.... still get asked for ID in pubs and Im 29 lol.

So maybe... when you look at the bigger picture, we can see acne as a positive stage in our lives.

You never know eh?

I got a promotion last year. more money = more responsibility. I started to eat out more (club house and fries) get home later and because of the stress I went from being an occassional drinker to a daily one. My new breakouts caused me to reconsider everything. I think without the threat of breakouts, I wouldn't be as disciplined as I am now. It may not be a cure, but it pays dividends in so many other ways.

Definitely. An anti-acne diet is also an anti-aging diet.

What you want is a blood sugar stabilizing, anti-inflammatory, nutrient rich diet. It's good for everything, not just acne. It'll retard aging and all kinds of illness as well as improve all kinds of hormone issues from pms, to menopause to male pattern baldness.