Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Facial Whitening Products Safe for Acne Skin in Australia

Hey!! I am Asian and live in Australia. Because of my sudden acne outbreak during the 1st year of uni, I have discontinued using some whitening products I used to use. So, when summer came, I instantly became 1 or 2 shades darker. Right now, I'm looking for a mask/serum/essence etc. that is safe to use with my skin care regimen and for acne skin.

My skin care regimen is:

Morning -

Cetaphil Cleanser

Clindatech

Cetaphil Mosturising Lotion

Night -

Cetaphil Cleanswer

Clindatech

Differin

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion.

I also have post-inflammatory pigmentation. Can anyone please help???

The body shop have a whitening/brightening range which is supposed to be pretty good! Also look for stable vitamin c products too.

may I ask what clindatech is?

Hey!! I am Asian and live in Australia. Because of my sudden acne outbreak during the 1st year of uni, I have discontinued using some whitening products I used to use. So, when summer came, I instantly became 1 or 2 shades darker. Right now, I'm looking for a mask/serum/essence etc. that is safe to use with my skin care regimen and for acne skin.

My skin care regimen is:

Morning -

Cetaphil Cleanser

Clindatech

Cetaphil Mosturising Lotion

Night -

Cetaphil Cleanswer

Clindatech

Differin

Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion.

I also have post-inflammatory pigmentation. Can anyone please help???

I'm asian as well, and I know lemon juice is very good at whitening skin (prior to the DKR I used to use it as a toner and it lightened my post-inflammatory acne scars). Since I've just started on the DKR, I don't want to add any other variables just yet, and my skin is currently hyper sensitive due to the BP, but I'll be adding lemon juice to my regime once I am totally clear.

A starter recipe for a lemon juice toner is simply freshly squeezed lemon juice (with the pips and bits sieved off) in a 1:1 ratio with filtered water or bottled spring water. Generously cover a cotton round with the mixture and gently dab all over your skin at night before putting the Clindatech, Differin and moisturiser. Do this once a day at night for about a week if your skin is sensitive. In the second week, do it twice along with your regime. By the third week, you should be able to increase the ratio of lemon juice to water. Try a 3:2 or even a 2:1 ratio. By the end of the 4th or 5th week, you should be able to use just 100% lemon juice. You can also start using 100% pure lemon juice right away to spot treat smaller areas of pigmentation. Just dab your finger in the juice and very, very gently dab onto problem areas after you cleanse. There's no need to rub it in. Just wait for it to air dry then continue with the other parts of your regime.

Hope that helps.