Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NorthSG

From Singapore: My Acne Clearing Journey

As said in the topic, I'm from Singapore. The first time I stepped into Acne.org was last year.. cant remember which month. This place was great, plenty of information, advices and great products. When I started, I used whatever I can find in Singapore, but try to get whatever that's recommended here. I had used Cetaphil Cleanser, Water Based 2.5% BP from Guardian Pharmacy and some moisturizer which I cant remember their names. But those are lousy moisturizers.

After using these, I saw results within a week but I am feeling that the moisturizer I used then was not ideal. So I just washed and BP. After visiting here more often, I found out the need to use sunblock in the day. So I searched for one suitable one and believe me, it's not easy. Many just caused breakouts all over again, until I tried the clinique one, which was kindly recommended by one of the users here.

After seeing results in BP and much consideration, I decided to try on Dan's products - Cleanser, BP and Moisturizer. The cleanser was great. I like Dan's cleanser very much. Even my husband and children use it. I'll finish one bottle every month. It calms their sensitive skin and/or rashes. I thought it couldn't wash clean initially. But after using it for more than 1 week, I felt the cleanser cleanses very well. I wiped away the dirt and oil on my face before I wash with Dan's cleanser. I find my face is cleaner after washing. I have never stop using the cleanser since. Then I put BP and sleep. During the day, I'll add Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25. I didn't use much of the moisturizer because my face is kind of oily and my face do better without moisturizer.

My pillow cases and blanket started to change colour. From blue to kind of pink and colour was bleeching. So I needed something to replace BP which will not bleech my pillow cases and blanket. Luckily, Dan started the trial run on BHA/Sal Acid. It was great. Now, I'll apply SA after washing. It works great so far after more than 1 month of using of SA. I hope this product will stay. I'll definitely get it after my current tube finished.

My problem now is, I left half bottle of 16oz size BP and more than 2/3 bottle of 16oz moisturizer which I don't use anymore and they just sit on my bathroom. I should have bought smaller bottles to try before getting the big ones.

I wonder what's your journey is like?? Care to share?

Hi there,

I'm a Singaporean too. Nice to see fellow countrymen/women on the forums :) . I posted my story on the regimen section instead, not sure if you have read it.

You said that you are on BHA/Sal acid? May I know where did you get it from?

I'm experiencing bleaching issues too, but its not been that bad, hence I'm still using BP.

I know that there are some Singaporeans which are also using Dan's products. Perhaps you may wish to consider selling off your remaining stuff cheap. Just a suggestion.

Good luck and all the best :surprised: .

Regards,

Jason

Hi there,

I'm a Singaporean too. Nice to see fellow countrymen/women on the forums :) . I posted my story on the regimen section instead, not sure if you have read it.

I'm experiencing bleaching issues too, but its not been that bad, hence I'm still using BP.

I know that there are some Singaporeans which are also using Dan's products. Perhaps you may wish to consider selling off your remaining stuff cheap. Just a suggestion.

Regards,

Jason

I bought my Sal Acid from here (Acne.Org). You go to the STORE, there is a YELLOW BEAN at the left bottom which tells you BE A PART OF A BETA PRODUCT TRIAL. Just click it and you will see the Sal Acid. It is really a great product. My face will be red initially, but the redness will subside after a while, say 30 mins or so. I am not really bothered with it, since I am at home most of the time.

Yes, I think I will consider to sell my bottles of BP and Moisturizer off cheap but I wonder if anyone will be interested to get them? Most likely, I want to sell them together. If anyone is interested to get it, PM me please.

Glad to see you here. I'll check out your posts too.

Hi there,

Regards,

Jason

I bought my Sal Acid from here (Acne.Org). You go to the STORE, there is a YELLOW BEAN at the left bottom which tells you BE A PART OF A BETA PRODUCT TRIAL. Just click it and you will see the Sal Acid. It is really a great product. My face will be red initially, but the redness will subside after a while, say 30 mins or so. I am not really bothered with it, since I am at home most of the time.

Yes, I think I will consider to sell my bottles of BP and Moisturizer off cheap but I wonder if anyone will be interested to get them? Most likely, I want to sell them together. If anyone is interested to get it, PM me please.

Hi there,

Yeap I just noticed the yellow bean. Thanks.

I wouldn't mind buying them off you actually, though I have my own supplies to burn through first. How much of each do you have leftover?

May I know what brand and product are you using for sunblock? I intend to start using one, but I'm just very cautious as I know many sunblocks can trigger pimples. Do let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Jason

Hello there, fellow Singaporeans! :P

I've been on the regimen for a while too before school started. That was like last year, in April or so.

No, I didn't use Dan's product. I was pretty much afraid to get it because I didn't know if I would get any irritation so I went to get mine off Guardian's shelf or whatever I can find similar to what was mentioned here. Plus, I can't get stuffs online either. :P

I'm a combi-to-oily face person. And the first time I get those products was my very first time getting them cuz' previously when my acne was lesser, I only use cleanser and I don't use it everyday. When it broke out bad as time passed by, I decided to do something about it and got here. I didn't know what moisturizer was the best or what cleanser was the best for my skin... so a couple of times in the regimen, I changed the cleansers and moisturizers.

For a while, it was bad, a month. My face reddened like mad, my skins were peeling, my lips were cracking.

Although now my acnes are clearing up (just some are still there), I'm left with scars and loads of marks. I'm not really into the regimen now already but I still use the BP 2.5 (the Neutrogena On-The-Spot) AFTER moisturizing. Dan mentioned BP before moisturizing but the pharmacist told me to do it the other way round so my skin won't dry up so badly.

NOW, I have a new problem... the skin @ the edge of my lips are peeling and reddening up lately. I have dry lips too but I have my lipbalm beside so it's alright. I feel as though my current moisturizer stopped its effect (Vichy) and I'm trying to look for another one. Any to recommend? (Vichy was expensive to spend on anyway, need a change). But meanwhile, I need to find out why that area got irritated... and I seriously don't know why.

It's lookin nasty and the irritation is disturbing me. Crap... T__T exam is just 2 weeks away and this just had to happen now!

Anyway, cheers! :)

just wondering, anyone has any BP to sell? if not, I will be ordering a flat rate box from the site in june....

Why not get Neutrogena: Acne On-The-Spot from any pharmacies or stores?

Hi fellow friends,

I'm residing in Singapore as well.

Stumbled upon acne.org and started the Regimen last 2 weeks ago.

I use Cetaphil cleanser and Neutrogena On the Spot. After that, I apply a thin film of Cetaphil moisteurizing lotion.

I do this twice a day, morning and night.

For the first week my skin swelled slightly and looked burnt. The second week had less of this effect but it still stung abit.

Hope to see my acne clearing up soon.

Hi fellow friends,

I'm residing in Singapore as well.

Stumbled upon acne.org and started the Regimen last 2 weeks ago.

I use Cetaphil cleanser and Neutrogena On the Spot. After that, I apply a thin film of Cetaphil moisteurizing lotion.

I do this twice a day, morning and night.

For the first week my skin swelled slightly and looked burnt. The second week had less of this effect but it still stung abit.

Hope to see my acne clearing up soon.

Good luck to you! :D

Always good to see another Singaporean here. I think the bad weather makes acne worse. :wall:

I have the problem with the pillow cases as well. BP bleaches them. :(

Good luck on your regimen. :)

I'm from Singapore too and I feel the weather makes my skin worse, not at all good for oily skin. I haven't stayed in non-tropical countries for a long period of time to judge if it makes a difference on my skin.

Always good to see another Singaporean here. I think the bad weather makes acne worse. :wall:

I have the problem with the pillow cases as well. BP bleaches them. :(

Good luck on your regimen. :)

I'm from Singapore too and I feel the weather makes my skin worse, not at all good for oily skin. I haven't stayed in non-tropical countries for a long period of time to judge if it makes a difference on my skin.

So true... the weather really does huh. especially now.. it's like so freaking warm even if you stay put indoor, less talk about even stepping out. But does hot weather really makes acne worse?? :think:

@pchic: You stayed in non-tropical countries before? :angel:

^ I'm not sure though but my boyfriend tends to breakout when the weather is extremely warm and humid. He don't have acne though and rarely have zits at all. But when the weather is super hot, he breakouts. Shrugs.

Hi guys... I'm not from Singapore, but from Malaysia.

Hope you guys can help me out on this.

I'm just reading up some info about Regimen... and currently I'm using these 2 products :

1) Garnier Pure A Anti-Imperfection Scrub Wash with Salicylic Acid + Zinc

2) Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash

I was thinking to give a try on using BP. Now, here's my questions :

1) Should I continue use Garnier Pure A product as a cleanser ? Or just a mild cleanser ?

2) This SIMPLE Moisturising Facial Wash, should I keep using it to work as "Moisturizer" as listed in Regimen steps ?

Your advise/suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

I'm just reading up some info about Regimen... and currently I'm using these 2 products :

1) Should I continue use Garnier Pure A product as a cleanser ? Or just a mild cleanser ?

2) This SIMPLE Moisturising Facial Wash, should I keep using it to work as "Moisturizer" as listed in Regimen steps ?

Thanks in advance.

Mild cleanser. Simple moisturising face wash is not bad with the regimen, I used to use that as well. No, that is a cleanser not a moisturiser, you have to add a moisturiser to your regimen to compact the dryness. :)

hey guys, im 22 this year and i was TOTALLY clear till april. maybe i would like to share 2 kinds of food u should avoid taking in excess.

1. the popular japanese seaweed. [got tomyam flavour,hot and spicy]

2. Heavy intake of milk.

well i got introduced this seaweed thingy and i was SUUPPER addicted to it. everyday i spend $3.50 on a packet. EVERYDAY. one of my girlfriends warned me then seaweed can cause pimples but.. i didnt really care la, i never had pimple problems.

at the same time, i started drinking 1 carton of magnolia milk [the tall yellow colour kind] every 2 days, in prep for my IPPT.

then..mid april one morning, i woke up with 6 HUGE pimples on my left cheek. i was like WAH JIALAT LIAO. the nxt day, even more popped out.this continued for 2 weeks! i panicked like a spider.[kanchiong spider]

i've stopped eating the seaweed now and stopped drinking large doses of milk.. got Gold for my IPPT, so hapyp get $400, but in the end spend on pimple products. really is LPPL. hai.

now my pimples are gone.. just the red marks left behind. which is alot :( really traumatised la.. big mistake man.. damm seaweed..

Thanks in advance.

Mild cleanser. Simple moisturising face wash is not bad with the regimen, I used to use that as well. No, that is a cleanser not a moisturiser, you have to add a moisturiser to your regimen to compact the dryness. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Today, I'm using SIMPLE moisturising face wash, but my skin become dryness. Does that mean that product does not suit my skin type ? Initially when I use SIMPLE, it was okie... but now it has caused dryness on my skin. Is that normal ?

Have u tried out Neutrogena On-The-Spot ? Or you merely use Dan's BP ?

Please advise. TQvm

hey guys, im 22 this year and i was TOTALLY clear till april. maybe i would like to share 2 kinds of food u should avoid taking in excess.

1. the popular japanese seaweed. [got tomyam flavour,hot and spicy]

2. Heavy intake of milk.

well i got introduced this seaweed thingy and i was SUUPPER addicted to it. everyday i spend $3.50 on a packet. EVERYDAY. one of my girlfriends warned me then seaweed can cause pimples but.. i didnt really care la, i never had pimple problems.

at the same time, i started drinking 1 carton of magnolia milk [the tall yellow colour kind] every 2 days, in prep for my IPPT.

then..mid april one morning, i woke up with 6 HUGE pimples on my left cheek. i was like WAH JIALAT LIAO. the nxt day, even more popped out.this continued for 2 weeks! i panicked like a spider.[kanchiong spider]

i've stopped eating the seaweed now and stopped drinking large doses of milk.. got Gold for my IPPT, so hapyp get $400, but in the end spend on pimple products. really is LPPL. hai.

now my pimples are gone.. just the red marks left behind. which is alot :( really traumatised la.. big mistake man.. damm seaweed..

Thanks for the advise/tips

Hi there,

Regards,

Jason

hi, does ur red marks disappear faster then when using BP?

Thanks for the reply.

Today, I'm using SIMPLE moisturising face wash, but my skin become dryness. Does that mean that product does not suit my skin type ? Initially when I use SIMPLE, it was okie... but now it has caused dryness on my skin. Is that normal ?

Have u tried out Neutrogena On-The-Spot ? Or you merely use Dan's BP ?

Please advise. TQvm

Dryness might be cause by the BP (not the cleanser) which is usually the case if you are new to the regimen. I have the dryness and flaking problem for about 1/2 a year (and still do now occasionally). I don't think the Simple moisturising face wash is drying though but it's subjective as different people might react differently.

Try to use a mild cleanser without any other additional effects such as whitening, anti acne etc (those will only make it worse from my past experience). Dryness is normal in the regimen. Your skin will take quite some time to get use to it. By the way, I do use a hydrating mask on a weekly basis when I'm nearly 1 year into the regimen. Seems to work okay for me. But if you just started out, try not to use so much additional stuff. Just stick to the cleanser, BP and moisturiser. :)

I have tried Neutrogena BP before. Burns my skin really badly. I threw it away after 3 use. I stick to Dan's BP now (been using that for about a year. Benzac AC 2.5% BP is good as well. I only use these 2 brands of BP.

Hope it helps. :D

hi, does ur red marks disappear faster then when using BP?

BP does not help to fade red marks/scars.

yea i know BP does not help fade red marks. the skin will naturally repair itself but BP DOES impede its progress.

my question is, does Salic acid impede it as well?

Hi there fellow singaporean as well. Been around these boards for quite some time already. The only thing that cleared me of my acne was accutane.

Buffered: salicylic acid does not impede fading of red marks. Being a BHA, it actually helps slough off skin cells thus making red marks fade faster.

only during holidays that I've experienced a climate change in surroundings i.e. Australia, China.

I've only stayed there about 2 weeks so it's too short to judge. Perhaps when I get the chance, when I stay in such countries for months I'll report back!