Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polka

Anyone here accepted their scarring?

I have moderate scarring, and I think of it as a testament to how far I'm willing to go to beat mental illness. Lithium gave me severe acne, but I didn't let that get in the way of the health of my brain. Also, I've been through a lot that no one can guess by looking at me, so I think of scarred skin as a physical manifestation representing those experiences.

None of this means I like having scars. I'm just trying to find a positive interpretation for them.

Edit: (Sorry, I read threads backwards.) Taking a knife to your arm will leave scars (physical and metaphorical), too. It rarely works, and doesn't really fix anything either way. I know you said you're not serious about it, but I had to say that.

your right, ive been trying alot of things that will clear my mind or get me away from it. Fishing has been a good escape.

No one likes someone who is PERFECT.

If you had a person who was perfect in every way and a person who was nearly perfect with some imperfections, everyone would choose the person with some imperfections, just remember that.

I think Owens Wilson's great sense of humor may have come from some sort of isolation. He also wrote the Royal Tenenbaums the best movie ever.

I've tried a lot for my acne that didn't work, and still have it. I'm a really fit, and funny guy, and with out shittty skin I could probaby get the cutest girl in the room. Oh well, isolation makes me more empathetic to others.

I'm new to this site, and I'm excited to try Dans tips. They probably won't do much good for me but heres hoping. Owen got to be the guy everyone wanted to be for a little while, and his life isn't over yet.

What happens if this scarring stops you from getting into a relationship? What if I am not strong enough to show my feelings to someone I really like? Does that mean.. my fear is stronger then my love for a person right? So where does that leave me?

What if someone you met stopped seeing you because they realised your face looked like mine does, after seeing me up close? This has happened I think.. and it will happen again.

Its a painful existence.

What happens if this scarring stops you from getting into a relationship? What if I am not strong enough to show my feelings to someone I really like? Does that mean.. my fear is stronger then my love for a person right? So where does that leave me?

What if someone you met stopped seeing you because they realised your face looked like mine does, after seeing me up close? This has happened I think.. and it will happen again.

Its a painful existence.

I know how you feel, and so do so many of us here.

Recently I came to this conclusion; I'm going to stop being depressed because its gotten me nowhere. I will avoid my face if I have to, but I cannot keep living in this fear as I'm only getting older. I will either kill myself or live on...and my conclusion is that I will keep on living. I will ALWAYS look for a way out, but until it's found I will force myself to avoid depression and move, MOVE, MOVE FORWARD. Finally I realized this is the most logical way of looking at reality. Depression is a one-way road that leads absolutely nowhere so I say fuck it, I will keep striving for good mental/physical health and do what I have to do for my future. I will avoid comparing myself to others and realize that I have more of a passion for life than those who had it good all their lives...Let's encourage each other towards a road of hope :) Please PM me if you need to talk to someone :)

--I'm with you on that Peepotterypete :)

What you wrote made me think of something I read the other day:

"In my opinion, the stakes are too high in today's world to crawl into a cave and retreat until the dust settles. Like Mahatma Ghandi and other spiritual leaders who became political figures, we can be effective members of community and keep our spiritual experience intact. The key is surrender to that which we cannot control, and to continue to grow as individuals with the personal power to be able to change that which can be altered. Fear arises when we feel helpless; power and love are the antidotes." -Lynn Hayes

I don't think I can ever accept my scarring. I have good days where I just get on with my life, but then I have bad days where I want to curl up into a ball and hide.

I can't really accept them, but I won't let them ruin my life. I'm still going out there trying to meet girls etc, but I can't pretend they don't take away my confidence a bit. I just try to not let them get to me.

I'm going to look into derma rolling soon, and see whether I can afford it or not. Anyone know what sort of prices i can expect?

Get yourself on list to see dr chu, you will pay around £30 a session every 3 months

Having 3 deep chicken pox scars and a little scar under my eye never bothered me.

But now i have a lot of holes on my face that's when it becomes a problem !

Learning about scar treatments has made me feel less hopeless and there are

things i want to try. I also have good and bad days!

The way i see it, is that there are no cure for scarring at the moment and i

still have to live my life. I might as well try and live it happily !

sadly no...i dont feel like this me, considering only a couple months ago i had NO scars

whatsoever. i hardly recognise what ive become :(

if i can achieve some significant improvement

then i'll accept what im left with...

i'm always reminded of my scars. having girls, now women (since i've become older) show interest in me in passing then once they get a good look at my face that interest is gone; it challenges you. it does make you question your self worth. i have never had a girlfriend and i'll be 29 in several months. never ever ever had a girlfriend. that is unreal. having said that and nobody ever tells you this when you're younger. everybody just assumes you'll get married and have children and live happily ever after. the truth is, we aren't guaranteed ANYTHING. ABOSULTELY NOTHING. I might very well go my whole life alone, no friends, no romance, no wife no kids. I don't think I could ever come to terms with that hence, i'll never be able to come to terms with my acne scars.

and all this talk about regenerative medicine. i've come to these boards long enough to not get my hopes up. there's been alot of things that have been hyped up only to turn out a dud.

I have three options, be content with myself and be alone. Be miserable and be alone, or off myself because i'm alone. As I get older, it's getting very very very easier to lean towards the latter.

i'm always reminded of my scars. having girls, now women (since i've become older) show interest in me in passing then once they get a good look at my face that interest is gone; it challenges you. it does make you question your self worth. i have never had a girlfriend and i'll be 29 in several months. never ever ever had a girlfriend. that is unreal. having said that and nobody ever tells you this when you're younger. everybody just assumes you'll get married and have children and live happily ever after. the truth is, we aren't guaranteed ANYTHING. ABOSULTELY NOTHING. I might very well go my whole life alone, no friends, no romance, no wife no kids. I don't think I could ever come to terms with that hence, i'll never be able to come to terms with my acne scars.

and all this talk about regenerative medicine. i've come to these boards long enough to not get my hopes up. there's been alot of things that have been hyped up only to turn out a dud.

I have three options, be content with myself and be alone. Be miserable and be alone, or off myself because i'm alone. As I get older, it's getting very very very easier to lean towards the latter.

you sound so depressing.

you sound so depressing.

being isolated all your adult life will do that to ya.

I have scarring all over my cheeks and jaw, and I know what itt's like to have members of the opposite sex glance over and turn away once they see that my skin is flawed.

It's hard and can definately break your confidence on a seemingly good day. It's a shame people can't get over being vane, even in adulthood.

iI have three options, be content with myself and be alone. Be miserable and be alone, or off myself because i'm alone. As I get older, it's getting very very very easier to lean towards the latter.

Dude I feel you completely. I WAS a good looking guy myself. Now I'm about to turn 27 and I'm still single, no social life, no sex life, no career...nothing. But like I stated in my earlier post, depression is a one-way road that leads absolutely nowhere. You live knowing you're going to see another day, so you just have to bite the bullet and take care of yourself as best you can. Eat healthier, exercise, lift weights, MEDITATE, release your stress in some positive way and ignore what you seemingly can't change, even for the moment. My plan is to keep a healthy outlook on life BUT keep searching for something that will work for me. Currently I am UT fasting and will end the fast by starting LED therapy/dermaroll/needling. If this works I will absolutely report back for the good news. If you just need more positivity in your life just PM me. Take care :)

same here dude. i'm 22 yrs old i had(still have some)moderate acne but left 2 pits on my face. its not deep (1 mm ). i had excision but 1 got away but still a carter like thing is there under different light another 1 actually had suffered stress therefore didn't show ne improvement. u get d actual result after 4-6 months after ex. bcoz of d puffiness near d area. dunno but thinkin of doin it again hope to get rid of it, really makes me sick. did anybody here had ne kind of excision