Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballaballa

How to use Cetaphil w/ water?

How do you use Cetaphil with water? I dont have dry skin really so i dont think i should use it without water. I tried using Cetaphil today in the shower and as i was rubbing it in my hands, i couldnt even feel anything. Should i not rub it and directly put it on my face?...thanks

It's possible that, while washing in the shower, the steam and water droplets changes the viscosity of cetaphil (and other such cleansers), so it's better to be as far away as possible from the stream of water when you apply it!

This almost seems like common sense. wink.gif

when i use it i don't lather it up with my hands. What i do is pump a small amount onto my left and right hands then apply it to my to my corresponding cheeks while my face is wet. i massage it in. then take another pump of the cleanser and message it into my forehead.

I can't even get the liquid cleanser to lather up, and I can bearly feel it on my face when I rub it in, but I know it works because of how clean my face is afterwords. Just because you don't feel it doesn't mean its not working wink.gif

I tried the liquid without water, just whiping the extra afterwords.. but that left my skin waaaaaay too sticky and wet feeling for my skin (usually leans towards the oily side).

If you want a lather, you may want to try the cetaphil bars instead of the liquid.

Hi

I had moderately bad acne for years. But since i've been using this cetaphil method, it's cleared up!

I wash my hands to make sure no grease etc. Then I dry them and apply cetaphil over a dry face, kind of like a cleanser rather than a soap (it's not meant to lather, but that doesn't mean it's not working). Then I wash it off thouroughly with water.

If I've had a shower I simply wash my hair etc in the shower but then dry my face when I get out and wash it as above in the sink.

Works for me. Good luck