Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simmo

Tetralsal 300 and Mionocin MR

Anyone had any success with tetralysal 300? If so what topicals if any did you use in conjunction with it. Do you think Minocin is a better antibiotic in your opinion or are they both of equal effectiveness/limited. Thanks for anyone who takes the time to reply.

Anyone had any success with tetralysal 300? If so what topicals if any did you use in conjunction with it. Do you think Minocin is a better antibiotic in your opinion or are they both of equal effectiveness/limited. Thanks for anyone who takes the time to reply.

i dont know which one is better, but i have been on tetralysal 300 on and off for about 10 months, i saw a big improvement in my scin within 2 weeks, and when i come of the tablets my spots do come back but no where neer how bad it used to be, i am lost without these tablets, as i am 25 acne is a big embaracement for me but these tablets seem to be doing the trick and keeping it under controle, i would also recoment using a zink suppliment, the RDA is 15mg but i read on the net that if you use 30mg a day in conjunction with your antibiotics it makes a huge difference, zink is good for reducing redness, swelling and promoting hearthy scin growth and heals the scin quicker, i also read that using evening primrose oil also reduces the production of sebum in the scin so redusing black heads, the only down side is these tablets take about 3 months to get in to your system befre they work at full strenth in your body, but its worth looking them up on the net and see what you think

I used tetralysal for about 6 months last year and I wouldn't really say they were that effective. I've never been on minocin, but I know it does get good reports on here. But all oral antibiotics are limited really, because once you stop taking them, their effect wears off. Evening primrose oil won't reduce your sebum production, the only thing available in the shops that would reduce your sebum production would be vitamin A tablets and even then you would have to be taking a pretty toxic dose which does more harm than good