Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T.J.

Is it okay to use both the Sal Acid and AHA+ without negative effects?

Hey, I've been looking to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide completely (and have done so mostly since the beginning of the year), but I still want to use something that'll combat the acne that I do have.

I was thinking of using the AHA+ three nights a week for exfoliation purposes, then using the Sal Acid the other nights, while only cleansing and applying moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Does this sound good? There's nothing wrong with using these two products in conjunction with one another, correct?

Thanks!

Hey, I've been looking to stop using Benzoyl Peroxide completely (and have done so mostly since the beginning of the year), but I still want to use something that'll combat the acne that I do have.

I was thinking of using the AHA+ three nights a week for exfoliation purposes, then using the Sal Acid the other nights, while only cleansing and applying moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Does this sound good? There's nothing wrong with using these two products in conjunction with one another, correct?

Thanks!

You know what I did to stop using BP? I just replace it with Dan's SA. The best of it? It saves me steps. Just wash then SA. In morning, add SPF. No need moisturizer anymore. I love simple steps and it works as well too, better actually. :dance:

I replied to your email. :)

Thanks! :)

I'll probably just go with the Sal Acid+ by itself on a nightly basis and see how it goes. I'll put the AHA+ on hold. My only worry is seeing this Sal Acid+ really work some magic, but then Dan discontinues its production. Any idea on where he stands right now as far as this goes?

And I agree North, the less steps the better. The regular Regimen with BP was too time-consuming for me. That and less irritation will be much more to my liking. :D

Okay, it's another no-go for the Salicylic Acid+. The result after applying it was the exact same as when I first tried it last year. An extremely red face just seconds after rubbing it on. It's unlike any reaction I've ever had with any product, including other salicylic acid products. Just to put it into perspective, my face was almost exactly the same color as this :wub:

:lol:

So I guess I'll be going with the AHA+. Not exactly sure how often I should apply it though. I guess I'll start out with a nightly application. Hopefully this does something, because frankly, it's the last product out there that I'm willing to try. It's like a never-ending cycle. :(

Yep, its's an acid you know. So it will make your face red. but after like 20mins, your face should be fine.

Yep, its's an acid you know. So it will make your face red. but after like 20mins, your face should be fine.

AHA+ is an acid too, but it doesn't make my face red. And with the salicylic acid, I'm not simply talking a little red, I'm talking redness like I've never experienced. I've gotten major sunburns that didn't look this red. It's not normal for that to happen. You shouldn't apply a product, then seconds after your face slowly gets redder and redder and redder like literally going from this: :) to this: :wub: And it takes about 30 minutes to even start going away. Screw that. It's just not normal.