Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which of these sound better?

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

Ingredients:

Castile Soap, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Extracts of Matricaria (Chamomile), Goldenseal, Awapuhi (Hawaiian White Ginger), Bladderwrack, Essential Oil of Palmarosa, Petitgrain, Organic Lavandine Super, Peppermint Oil

OR

Avalon Organic Botanicals Facial Cleanseing Gel (Lavender)

Ingredients:

Organic Lavender Hydrosol, Organic Extracts of Chamomile, Echniacea, Ginkgo Bilboa and Green Tea, Cucumber Extract, Organic Aloe Vera, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, NaPca, panthenol, Vitamin E, Allatonin, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Cocoate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Pure Essential Oils

Recommendations?

I'm using the Desert Essence wash right now! I love it that natural products are actually cheaper (at least some)

It comes out of the pump pretty watery, but it lathers up really nice. When you wash it off your whole face feels (to the touch) pretty clean. No tingly feeling, but that's usually just menthol.

(The other one doesn't sound as natural. It has some things I can't pronounce! wink.gif)

missionaryman!

Update: Actually, I read wrong. I have the other face wash by Desert Essence (The castile oil one). I went to the health food store today and looked at the two and they're comparably different. Yours has a ton other ingredients. Oh well. It sounds good actually.

Tell me how it is!

I'd go with the Avalon one:

Avalon Organic Botanicals Facial Cleanseing Gel (Lavender)

Ingredients:

Organic Lavender Hydrosol, Organic Extracts of Chamomile, Echniacea, Ginkgo Bilboa and Green Tea, Cucumber Extract, Organic Aloe Vera, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, NaPca, panthenol, Vitamin E, Allatonin, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Cocoate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Pure Essential Oils

It has a lot more things that are very good for skin (lavender, aloe, NaPCA, vitamin E, etc), and has gentler surfactants (castile soap is fairly drying), and no heavier oils that may aggravate acne (instead has glycerin, lavender hydrosol, aloe).

The prolong use of citric acid (depends on the concentration) can cause irritation to the skin. And because of the citric acid, you should be using a sunscreen right after. You should be using one anyways.

The Desert Essence Castile oil one I'm using is very simple: Castile oil, Olive oil, Coconut Oil, and 100% pure tea tree oil. It's pretty good imo and not drying at all. That's just me. smile.gif