Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

We are worse than fat people?

At least according to Tyra Banks. I was pooping (no kidding) when this occurred to me. During season 3 of America's Next Top Model, there was a contestant named Yaya who Tyra had to send to a dermatologist because she had moderate acne. She was really pretty but had acne and Tyra and the judges didn't like it.

BUT there was a plus-sized (aka chubby) girl named Tocarra who Tyra and the judges absolutely LOVED because she was big and beautiful.

So I guess in a way this reflects society. We're at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of ickiness. :redface:

What's wrong with fat people ?

I doubt either girl will win the Show

so it does not matter in what order they fall.

Fat/acne threads happen waaaaay to often here.

Just think if some dude or dudette comes in here and is fat AND has acne. People here are fragile enough as it is, we don't need to bring weight into it.

no way. fat people are worse off. a plain jane with acne is 10 times hotter than some fat chick with perfect skin

Being overweight comes with heart, cholesterol, and mobility problems.

The problems that come with acne are psychological, though no less damaging, with some discomfort associated with large cysts in certain areas.

Then again, to lose weight all you have to do is stop eating cake for 5 seconds and do a bit of running, curing acne is somewhat more difficult.

I've got a feeling this thread is going to close very quickly unless the posts stay on topic.

There are wayyy too many fat vs. acne threads. Typically they do get closed pretty quickly.

Honestly, 'beauty' is entirely too complex to rank certain attractive or unattractive qualities. This is a very hard topic to debate upon because unless you have a PhD in sociology dealing with this area of study or you have been both fat and have had acne at separate points in life...there is no way to logically and fairly argue this point.

I honestly do not believe acne inhibits beauty.

There are wayyy too many fat vs. acne threads. Typically they do get closed pretty quickly.

Agreed. Topic Closed.