Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prettybow

BUTT Cysts......disgusting I know, but anyone get butt-acne?

Its embarassing, but I dont know why they keep coming. I came off acutane awhile ago, so my face is nice and clear, but my damn ass is breaking out with these bad cysts.Does anyone else have the same prob? I even stopped putting lotion on my bum to see if that was the cause, but that was months ago, and I still get these! Its really serious, cause when these go away, they leave a really ugly mark, that last for awhlie, so when I try to wear a bikini, its going to look very ugly!!! Help, please someone.....whats going on? Anything I can do?

Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash/Scrub.

Those Aveeno otameal bath packages. I used those when I got the chicken pox. I love em. I still use them once in a while.

I got bit on the butt by a poisonous spider once and I had a cyst about 3 inches in diameter. I couldn't sit on it because it was extremely painful and always leaking. There was a bruise surrounding it. It accidentally popped a little one day, so I barely prodded it (it hurt to run my fingers over it) and the puss that came out of it was dark green, bloody, and yellow. It flooded out of it. Isn't that GROSS?? haha! It was like the worst thing that ever could have happened to my ass.  

hope your butt acne isn't that bad...but, maybe it is a spider bite. seriously. I had to destroy all my bedding because I kept getting bit while sleeping.

Hi Pretty, They may not be cystic acne, it may just be folliculitis, an inflamation of the small hair follicle that becomes infected. Try a Glycolic Body scrub then apply some 1% over the counter Cortizone cream not ointment, then some over the counter antibiotic cream, again not the ointment. And don't wear polyester or nylon undies !! Wear cotton. It may help. Sorry purepersian was so mean !!

Are they around the hem line of your underwear. If the edge is rubbing on your skin - it may be irritating your skin and causing the acne. Also if it's a material that doesn't breathe well, and you work someplace hot.

Try epsom salt baths. SOme people have mentioned that they help with back acne.

Hi Pretty, They may not be cystic acne, it may just be folliculitis, an inflamation of the small hair follicle that becomes infected. Try a Glycolic Body scrub then apply some 1% over the counter Cortizone cream not ointment, then some over the counter antibiotic cream, again not the ointment. And don't wear polyester or nylon undies !! Wear cotton. It may help. Sorry purepersian was so mean !!

Richard may be right, it could be Folliculitis. If it helps here's a section written by dermatologists that deals with something that may look like acne, but is not:

What Else Looks Like Acne?

Folliculitis

Folliculitis is an infection of the hair follicle that is most commonly bacterial, but can occasionally be caused by a fungus.

Perioral Dermatitis

What is Perioral Dermatitis? Perioral dermatitis is a common facial rash consisting of small inflamed papules (bumps), and sometimes tiny vesicles (water filled blisters).

Keratosis Pilaris

What is Keratosis Pilaris? Keratosis Pilaris is a very common disorder in which small, rough bumps occur in hair follicles or pores, often with some redness around the pore. Who gets...

Rosacea

What is Rosacea? Rosacea is a long lasting, non-scarring skin condition of the face that is often misdiagnosed as adult acne.

source: Acne Guide

Guest Poker-Butt

try exfoliating ur ass ....i exfoliate my whole body with some exfoliating shower gloves and dove deep moisture shower gel thing (once a day) and my body is so smooth...i used to get pimples on my back but not anymore...i also used to get some on my butt :ninja: and seriously i no longer have that problem ...at all

I'm sure there are quite a few people who get this but won't admit it.

My assne (butt acne) went away after I started drinking more water, eating 4 apples a day, and eating yogurt once a day. It also helped cure my back acne as well.

Now I don't use anything on my ass or back and no pimples or stuff are there. Not saying this would work for everyone, but give it 1.5-2 weeks and you could see significant results.

not to GROSS anyone out but after im into tane for 2 weeks, i got some cysts on my butthole and some around the area, they sure hurt a lot. Well, those who got those but are ashame to admit it, just take shower everyday, take care of ur ass lolz. They will be gone in a short period of time, cuz u cant really apply BP to it, can u

It's just a clogged pore. If you wear tight clothing or if you live in hot weather and sweat frequently it can happen. What you need to do is start exfoliating your butt once per day with a regular scrub brush. Just buy a 1$ or 2$ cheap one that you are supposed to use on your nails. It's not going to feel wonderful, but it won't hurt. Just reach back there and scrub it real good with any kind of detergent or body soap. You don't need any special acne cleansers for body acne, and especially not for butt acne because that's definitely not the kind of acne you get on your chest or face. It is just a clogged follicle from having something trapped back there and then you get an ingrown hair. I know I'm always preaching about exfoliation, but it literally seems to cure just about any type of acne there is. Acne is a result of a pore becoming clogged w/excessive sebum and dead skin cells. Exfoliating your butt with a scrub brush will release all that dead skin, excessive sebum and whatever else might be back there. Be sure to do this once per day, and rinse clean, and your butt acne should disappear in a couple of weeks. (however, If you don't exfoliate daily, and stop once you become clear, it's most likely to come back right.)

It also wouldn't hurt to get a bottle of isopropyl rubbing alcohol and some cotton pads, and go over your butt with a wet pad to dry out and disinfect any lesions that were opened during exfoliation, and promote healing. You can even go so far as to add hydrocortizone cream to them afterwards, but my goodness please don't think about using SA or BP products on them. That is the most worthless thing you could ever do for butt acne. It won't even faze it.

If you are going to be sweating a lot during the day, to prevent acne from reoccurring on yout butt you may want to use rubbing alcohol to wipe down your butt with. heheh, that sounds kind of weird but that's how it goes. something that's good are these premoistened packs of rubbing alcohol wipes (they sell them at CVS, and they may sell them at otehr drugstores) It's really cheap, you get hundreds for only 2$. I would stay away from anything like Stridex pads, seabrezze etc. Save your money.

I don't see why anyone who gets this would feel embarrassed about saying so.. this board is pretty much completely anonymous anyway (unless you posted your picture, but even so.. who would ever know/care?)

I've never had them on my butt, but pretty close to it a couple times. Right on the upper side of my right leg. I'm not really sure if you'd call it the hip or the thigh since it's on the outside rather than the inside of my leg. Anyways... yeah, I had a big nasty one there that hurt like the devil. Since i've never had any acne below the belt before I thought it might be a spider bite or something.. it had puss. Eventually went away though, and oddly came back about 8 months later in the same spot again.. then went away again.

Don't know what to say. :think:

I don't see why anyone who gets this would feel embarrassed about saying so.. this board is pretty much completely anonymous anyway (unless you posted your picture, but even so.. who would ever know/care?)

I've never had them on my butt, but pretty close to it a couple times. Right on the upper side of my right leg. I'm not really sure if you'd call it the hip or the thigh since it's on the outside rather than the inside of my leg. Anyways... yeah, I had a big nasty one there that hurt like the devil. Since i've never had any acne below the belt before I thought it might be a spider bite or something.. it had puss. Eventually went away though, and oddly came back about 8 months later in the same spot again.. then went away again.

Don't know what to say. :think:

right, nobody even know who u r !! but its weird having it there, im pretty sure, accutane caused it !!

Hi, I have this problem but less fequently now. Have you tried popping them? Does it put out a lot of pus?

Do they keep coming back in the same spot? If so, they could be what's called a Pilonidal Cyst. Scrubs can typically irritate the skin and surrounding area of the infected spot. I say keep it clean and try using Natural vitamin E and massage it into the skin for a few weeks. It takes care of my problems. I hope this helps!