Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
___christina

Going on vacation and need a way to cover my face in the morning & night!

Here's me dilema:

I'm going away Saturday with my boyfriend to visit his cousin and his cousin's wife. My boyfriend has seen me with no makeup on for 4 years now but I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of waking up and sitting down to breakfast with his cousin and wife with my bare face and all my red marks. Is there any makeup that's safe to wear to bed so that can just hang around in my pjs and go to breakfastin the morning without full on makeup without feeling like crap?

I feel like I may have to run to the bathroom every morning to make myself up and I really don't want to have to do that. Any suggestions?

Have you guys been in a similar situation!?!?

Keep a compact and some concealer in your room with you. After nearly ten years with my husband, I still don't like to wander around his parent's house without any makeup at all, even if they are my family and love me to bits. Anything really obvious I'll cover. I personally don't care much about old scarring, but active blemishes... those get covered.

Pretty much the only person who sees me sans makeup when I'm broken out is my husband, and even for him I'll wear some concealer if I feel really gross.

i second the Everyday Minerals. go to www.everydayminerals.com and order the free samples. i LOVE the stuff. ive never slept with it on (besides a short nap) but it hasnt caused any breakouts

1. Suck it up and deal with it.

2. Apply makeup on before anyone sees you.

Get a compact mirror.

3. Sleep with makeup on with the risk of breaking out.

Keep a compact and some concealer in your room with you. After nearly ten years with my husband, I still don't like to wander around his parent's house without any makeup at all, even if they are my family and love me to bits. Anything really obvious I'll cover. I personally don't care much about old scarring, but active blemishes... those get covered.

Pretty much the only person who sees me sans makeup when I'm broken out is my husband, and even for him I'll wear some concealer if I feel really gross.

Yes thats a great idea. Its never a good idea to wear make up to bed. It cloggs pores and it will most likely make your acne worse

This. I know you're already away, but it can't hurt to add my two cents. I always wake up before my fiance for class, work or whatever, so I never have that problem anymore. If I do hang around with him on an off day with no makeup, I will tote my concealer into the bathroom to brush my teeth and cover up what I need. I know I have to pee and brush my teeth straight away when I wake up, and doing a quick concealer check takes just a couple seconds.

Hope you're having fun!

This. I know you're already away, but it can't hurt to add my two cents. I always wake up before my fiance for class, work or whatever, so I never have that problem anymore. If I do hang around with him on an off day with no makeup, I will tote my concealer into the bathroom to brush my teeth and cover up what I need. I know I have to pee and brush my teeth straight away when I wake up, and doing a quick concealer check takes just a couple seconds.

Hope you're having fun!

I could have swore that I wrote that! This is what I do everyday as well.

Besides my family, I don't let anyone else see me without makeup. When I sleep over my boyfriend's it's only during the weekends so he likes to sleep in which is great for me, because i'll wake up early and apply foundation + powder and then jump into bed with him to sleep a little longer.

You should just wake up before everyone and just apply foundation/concealer and pressed powder to set it, then go back to bed if everyone is still sleeping and you don't want to be the only one up. Tha's what I did with my ex when I had to sleep over his Mom's during holidays.

Well I'm back! Thanks for all your suggestions. I thought I would just slip in the bathroom before breakfast but everyone ended up showering before seeing one another inthe morning. My boyfriend has seen me without makeup and where it bothers me..it's not that bad. His cousin and wife had their own bathroom in their room so they got ready before they came out of their room in the morning and we did also in the guest room. When they were at work we just hung around and relaxed so the mornings didn't turn out to be so stressful for me. :)

Do your makeup in bed. Get a mirror and put all your makeup in the room under your bed so no one can see. When your he's asleep creep off into the bathroom and then wash makeup off and than go to sleep facing opposte diretion so he cant see u, then wake up before he does and put on your makeup or wait till he leaves

P.S Im smartical righhht =D

I use a Covergirl liquid concealer, and I tend to forget to wash it off before I nap. I only wear it under my eyes and on a few red marks, but I've never broken out from it. It does tend to get cakey after too long, though.

Do your makeup in bed. Get a mirror and put all your makeup in the room under your bed so no one can see. When your he's asleep creep off into the bathroom and then wash makeup off and than go to sleep facing opposte diretion so he cant see u, then wake up before he does and put on your makeup or wait till he leaves

P.S Im smartical righhht =D

1. The trip's done and complete.

2. She wasn't concerned about her boyfriend seeing her without makeup. He's seen her that way for four years.

3. That's too involved and somewhat silly. I do hope you're not serious.

Well I'm back! Thanks for all your suggestions. I thought I would just slip in the bathroom before breakfast but everyone ended up showering before seeing one another inthe morning. My boyfriend has seen me without makeup and where it bothers me..it's not that bad. His cousin and wife had their own bathroom in their room so they got ready before they came out of their room in the morning and we did also in the guest room. When they were at work we just hung around and relaxed so the mornings didn't turn out to be so stressful for me. :)

I'm glad you had fun and that it worked out. :)

Next time, be ready with Everyday Minerals; takes mere minutes to get a lovely coverage with the right brush.

Don't go to extremes, relax and be happy that your boyfriend's family wanted to meet you (whether for the first time or not!)

When you're having fun and losing yourself in the moment you completely forget about your skin. Is that what happened? :)