Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thanksmisfortune

A little something my dad said today...

Today WAS going well. My face has been getting a lot better. My confidence is going up and I'm becoming a happier person.

......THAT IS, right until my dad says to me "Geez adam your breaking out again"

WTF. If anyone saw pictures of me a year ago, they would have to be autistic to not see how much my skin has improved. I tried to not let it bother me, but I got so pissed at him and left the house.

whenever my mom sees any tiny breakout she tells me to stop eating chocolate. I absolutely REFUSE to believe that chocolate has anything to do with acne, and that it is just a myth. But really even if it's true, I'd risk it lol

Yeah my dad would say don't eat chocolate or icecream.

But fair enough, those foods cause insulin spikes with the sugar hit, don't most people agree they can cause breakouts?

I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

But fair enough, those foods cause insulin spikes with the sugar hit, don't most people agree they can cause breakouts?

I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

Depends what kind of chocolate you eat, there are plenty of low GI varieties that don't cause insulin spikes.

Yeah sometimes my parents make comments too. I think they are just concerned and trying to be helpful, and they don't understand anything about acne because they either didn't go through it (my dad) or went through it long ago (my mom). It still always makes me depressed when they say things though. This might sound sick but sometimes I feel like I am letting them down and disappointing them by having acne because who wants their kid to have acne? I know I shouldn't think like that but sometimes I can't help it.

At least your dad didn't say:

'For the love of god, stop masturbating! Your acne looks awful and it will never get better if you keep tugging your penis/rubbing your muff. Stop being so horny and next time you feel like fidgeting, why don't you just have a wash you greasy little bastard'

I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I just had a big bowl of ice cream last night, and I didn't have a breakout.