Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To get a cyst to a head just use a washcloth and do hot water compresses.

Always works for me. I did it for like 10 minutes then within an hour it'd be a head.

This may be kinda harsh, but heat some salt water and dip your washcloth in that and use as a compress just on the cyst. Salt help to draw things out too....just like when you exercise & sweat really hard. Kind of the same effect.

Finally, the cyst went down after an annoying day where it revived itself for awhile. I picked at it, popped it again, and it formed a scab that only went away a few days ago. Now it's still a tender-ish red spot but at least no scab!

Now I seem to mostly be battling regular zits that pop up on my cheeks. So annoying. Oh, and on top of everything I am very sunburnt so I'm peeling like mad. So frustrating! :[

I am sorry that you are going through this.. it used to be the story of my life when i was younger and still happens time to time. I find that popping them leads some sort of an infection to crop up on my face causing a chain reaction of new bumps and pimples to sprout all over my face. Also, my skin is super sensitive and damages easily too... i notice that constantly touching, washing, wiping, applying and reapplying questionable remedies, and always messing with the bump somehow only burns and irritates not only the bump but the skin all around it. I know, it is so so hard, but please.. try to ease up on the counter-attack on your skin. Good chance that the flare-up is hormonal and will pass and begin to heal IF you dont keep introducing ways for bacteria to get into your face and breaking down healthy skin... I hate it for you and i hate it for me, hang in there :/

Gah. If only I had the willpower and the confidence not to mess with my face.

You're probably right, I think the popping and touching only spreads the problem and creates more spots. But I can't seem to keep myself from doing it. :[ Just tonight I went and semi-popped one and it still aches on my cheek so I know it's coming back for round two. It's already bright blood red and pissed off at me. My whole face is pissed off at me, actually. It doesn't help that I have pretty intense anxiety/depression issues, so I get freaked out and mess with my face a lot simply due to stress and such.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I said THANK YOU to everyone. You are all so incredibly supportive and understanding and helpful. I really, really appreciate it. :wub:

Wow. I don't know why or how, but the compresses seemed to only have made it bigger. And harder. And now I definitely don't see it coming to a head anytime soon, if ever. WTF is wrong with my face??

I'm so pissed off right now. It is so incredibly unnecessary for this to happen to anyone. I don't care if you all want to leave me messages saying 'life is never fair' and all that. Because honestly, I am just so fed up with the whole thing. I'm SO tired of hating myself all the time and never being able to change it. I hate that my own stupid face, the thing that people notice more than anything else, the thing I cannot ever hide from, is the picture of failure. I feel like I will never amount to anything simply because no one will ever be able to look past my fucked up face. I know I can't. To me, it is THE defining aspect of who I am. I am my acne. And that is seriously disgusting to think about. I'm tired of going to this site and bothering everyone with my questions and my ranting like I'm doing RIGHT NOW. I'm so tired of having my skin RUN MY LIFE. But I can't change it. Nothing I say or do will ever change the fact that I look like shit, all the time, no matter what. No amount of makeup or style or personality can disguise the fact that I am an ugly individual.

I'm so stressed out with school and drama and the last thing I want to sit here and worry about until the wee hours of the morning is how much worse I'm going to look tomorrow. But you know what? That's what I'm doing right now. Tonight. And I'll do it tomorrow night, and the night after. Because acne has won the fight. I give up. I can't pretend I'm happy and shit. I'M NOT. I hate the way I have to live. I'm sorry if this is long and stupid and pessimistic. But I have to be honest.

Someone please just put me out of my misery now...?

You are not ugly! I know it is very frustrating to have acne and not knowing anyone with the skin disease, but really you are not ugly and make up can cover acne. It wont cover the bumps but it does cover the redness

Thanks, Molly. (I'm assuming that's your name... lol) It's nice to know people out there understand exactly what it's like to go through all of this nonsense.

I am a slave to makeup-- I am in love with the Maybelline Mineral Power makeup I use. Along with concealer, of course. Makeup is great, but let us hope for a day when you and I both can go without it and still feel pretty. How amazing would THAT be? :pray:

I guess like a lot of people on here I know what you're going through, the weekend before last I refused to leave the house incase I bumped into anyone I knew because for some reason that day I just woke up with really nasty looking skin.

I don't have acne, but i'd been playing around with my skin so much that i'd make it look disgusting.

I usually find that trying to forget about it and go and get some fresh air is the best idea. Acne seems to live off of stress so go for a nice long walk somewhere quiet and wear minimal make up so you can let your skin breathe. Stick to using branded cleansers, toners and moisturisers that have the best effect on your skin, rather than going through countless types of products. At night just cleanse and moisturise your skin and leave it completely while you sleep and remember that what works for somebody else might not work for you.

I know how horrible it is, trust me. Just think of acne like a bully at school, the more time you're thinking and worrying about it, the more the bully's winning.

Just keep positive:)

So I thought that the cystic thing was starting to go away. I hadn't gotten any new ones at all over Spring Break. Until today. School starts up again tomorrow. :[

I don't know how to combat this. Ughhhhh.

Well, I have been icing it every night and so far it's gone down a lot. It never really got all big and achy. I think I might have stopped it early. But I can definitely still feel it, so it might grow again. You never know with cysts.

However, I am still breaking out pretty badly with stupid whiteheads and 'normal zits'. And the red marks are still horrible, of course. I'm SO stressed out and I can just feel my face preparing to have a major freak-out.

...ugh.

Soooo we are the same age, both 17 and a senior and high school so I think our skin is going through similar phases of life lol.

Are you on birth control? I got on birth control for my acne and it got rid of a lotttttttttt of my cyst problems. Not saying it would work for you but hey when it comes to cysts any suggestions are worth getting rid of those little bastards.

Also, when I have a cyst I try sooo hard not to mess with it. Because if you touch it and put to much stuff on it, it only irritates it.

Hope this helps you somewhat!

Thanks-- and hey we're both blonde, too! If you have blue eyes then we're pretty much twins. haha

I really, really want to be on BC but I am not. We can't afford to go to the gyn right now because money is pretty tight. I'm sorry if this is TMI for anyone reading this, but my cycle is super duper irregular and skips months at a time and such, SO I am thinking that my problem may be mainly due to crazy hormones. So yeah, I'm pretty sure birth control would probably help me a lot. Trust me, if we had the money I would definitely be on it right now. =/

Maybe sometime later this year if things work out, I'll be able to get it. -crosses fingers-

haha i do have blue eyes! yay for having a twin.

anywho,

ok your cycle sounds exactlyyyyy the same as mine was. always irregular. it would just come whenever it decided to make an appearance.

Do you have a health clinic near you? Idk where you live, but since im under 18 the place I went to lets me get my bc for free?

Maybe you can look up if theres anylike that for you. It sounds like your acne def is hormonal.

Hope you find something! :)

Woot, twins! :D

Wow, they gave it to you for free? I thought you had to have a prescription from a gynecologist to get BC anywhere. That's crazy. I'll try to look into it... it would be very awesome if I could get it for free! By the way, did you experience an initial breakout with using birth control?

Yeah, I want to buy myself some Tea Tree Oil to try.

Nope I didnt have a prescription or anything lol I just scheduled and appointment and got my exam and all of that stuff and was able to get birth control. I will ask my mom about places that help you out with that stuff like the place I went to and let you know!

And I didnt have an initial breakout that I can remember, but its been about a year now. If I did get one it was very mild. I hope you can find something similar! It definitely helps!

Oh man.

Just as soon as I thought it was getting better, I can feel at least one or two new big, under the skin spots coming up. :[ So depressing. And I can't do anything to stop it. shit.

Thanks again for your responses and your help, Kristen and everyone else. I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow...

I think one of the places you can go to for free (or less expensive) birth control is a Planned Parenthood clinic. They might do an exam, but I've heard of a lot of people going there when they can't afford a doctor and all that jazz--I know the feeling of wanting to go to a doctor but not being able to because money is tight v.v I'd go to PP but they won't give BC to me because of some blood pressure issues, but they might be able to hook you up with something.

I did notice a slight improvement when I was on BC back in the day, so it may be able to sort you out--it could very well be hormonal if you're having irregular periods as well, and I guess it doesn't hurt to try ^.^

But hang in there, I just read through this whole thread and I can totally relate in a lot of ways, and you echo a lot of the things I say to myself when I look in the mirror. It sucks feeling like it's inevitable, you can feel the start of it and nothing will really fix it v.v

Hey Sareliz, if you do end up getting on BC please let me know how it goes. I think we pretty much have the same problem and I think BC is the option i'm gonna go for too.

Best of luck!