Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So. I need to know what to do about this.

I thought things were getting slightly better.

But noooo.

I have a spot on my left cheek near my cheekbone, under the skin, and it's soft-ish, kind of tender, and it hurts when I touch it. It's about the size of a regular, largeish zit right now. But I can FEEL it growing... and yeah.

First of all, are these considered cysts? Or nodules? Or... what?

Second... what should I do? Is there any way to halt its growth before it transforms into The Giant Zit of Doom? I already have a face full of ugliness... I don't want a monster blob to add to it.

I already take Ibuprofen pretty regularly. But should I try icing it? =/

HELP!!

Icing it can help- this will slow the bacteria down and reduce inflammation. its not a cure-all though.

reducing the acid build-up in the skin can help. something that can be worth a try is Tums or Rolaids. The way to use this is to crush a tablet down to a fine powder and add a few drops of water till it creates a thick paste. you will apply this mixture to the affected area liberally. glob it on thick so you can't see through it. sleep in it if you can. you can apply this several times till its gone. It most likely won't get rid of the cyst (which it sounds like that is what you have going on under the surface.) These can take time to heal and reducing the redness and swelling is the best thing you can do to make it less noticeable or shorten its lifespan.

*** If it gets to be too much for you to deal with- if it swells too much, is painful, or if you fear it may create a scar, call your Dermatologist and get an appointment for an injection. They can use a small syringe and inject Kenalog (a sterroid) and Lincocine (an anti-biotic) directly into the cystic nodule. This literally will get rid of it in 24-48 hours. it works wonders for me most of mine are gone when I wake up in the morning- I tell everyone to keep it in mind if they feel something coming on before prom or a wedding or a photo shoot.

Ice certainly can't hurt!! Ice it for a bit, and try a hot compress followed by tea tree oil.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money to go to a dermatologist right now. :[ If I did, I'd be on some kind of medication for sure. So I can't afford an injection, sadly.

I think I might just try icing it later. This is so frustrating. It always happens at the very worst times possible.

Ah, so I tried icing it last night and lucky me, ANOTHER spot popped up in the same area so I now have two in the same patch of skin, both big and very noticeable. Luckily this morning I semi-popped the second spot so maybe that one will go away before too long... maybe.

But Senor Grande won't get any smaller. I iced it, globbed BP on it, and covered it in the Proactiv refining mask stuff I use overnight after also taking Ibuprofen, and this morning... nothing different. Maybe even bigger.

So I'm icing it again right now. But it's really not helping at all, I don't think. :[ Bahhh. I need this spot to GO AWAY because I just met this new guy I'm very interested in, and also I have rehearsal for a play every day, I may start ballroom dancing lessons, AND I have an all-night lock-in thing to attend on Friday night.

BAD TIMING, SENOR GRANDE.

I need help. But there's really not much else I can do.

I would really rather have it go away without forcing it to come to a head using hot compresses, as I have done that before and I came pretty close to scarring. I still have the red mark. =/ My skin's extremely sensitive and gets damaged easily, I guess. And I don't have tea tree oil. I don't know where to find any? Advice? I mean, I do use a body wash in the shower that has tea tree oil in it but eh, doesn't seem to have done so much for me. Maybe pure tea tree oil would be more effective.

Tonight I went a little crazy and iced it again, before putting on BP, then some random leftover Retin-A, Gentamicin Sulfate ointment, and I'm about to get some refining mask on the sucker and take some fish oil pills and some ibuprofen and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Tea tree oil can be bought at any store that has even the weakest "natural" section. I don't know about CVS or stores like that but Wegmans has it, Whole foods does, any kind of health food store will have it. CVS might have it... I've never really checked. Pure tea tree oil (and hot compresses, but I understand why you're hesitant to try that) has helped me reduce the duration of my cysts to only a few days, for the most part.

chances are, if its already growing i dont think theres any way to stop it since its already growing and forming blood/puss in the inside. unless its not a cyst and doesnt have puss/blood in it. but if its a cyst and has blood/puss in it. i dont think it will go away till its drained.

I just had two like that. I used manuka honey and green clay but it still took a couple days to go away. I feel for you.

Ah. It's only getting bigger. Last night and this morning I thought it might have been getting better, but I was fooling myself.

I've also gotten about 5 more regular zits, and like 10 little ones around the sides of my chin. I even have a spot on my neck again now. WTF.

This sucks. I realllllyyyy don't want to go to my stupid lock-in thing tonight because I will have to wear stupid makeup all night and get no sleep. But I can't back out of it now. This is seriously just a super shitty situation.

I am SO depressed right now. I don't care how pathetic this sounds, I'm just to the point where I want to give up on everything and just hide in my room forever. I can't deal with the outside world. I can't deal with mirrors. I'm tired of LOOKING like this. All the time.

I'm tired of crying at my own reflection. I'm tired of hiding my face and being unable to be confident and free and happy like I KNOW I would be otherwise. This sucks SO intensely.

I just want it to go AWAY so I can be normal. I hate feeling depressed and vindictive and bitter and hateful ALL the time like this. I can't be happy. And there's not a damn thing I can do to make things better for myself.

Ah. It's only getting bigger. Last night and this morning I thought it might have been getting better, but I was fooling myself.

I've also gotten about 5 more regular zits, and like 10 little ones around the sides of my chin. I even have a spot on my neck again now. WTF.

This sucks. I realllllyyyy don't want to go to my stupid lock-in thing tonight because I will have to wear stupid makeup all night and get no sleep. But I can't back out of it now. This is seriously just a super shitty situation.

I am SO depressed right now. I don't care how pathetic this sounds, I'm just to the point where I want to give up on everything and just hide in my room forever. I can't deal with the outside world. I can't deal with mirrors. I'm tired of LOOKING like this. All the time.

I'm tired of crying at my own reflection. I'm tired of hiding my face and being unable to be confident and free and happy like I KNOW I would be otherwise. This sucks SO intensely.

I just want it to go AWAY so I can be normal. I hate feeling depressed and vindictive and bitter and hateful ALL the time like this. I can't be happy. And there's not a damn thing I can do to make things better for myself.

I know it's hard to look in the mirror and love what you see..but just know that there are so many people out there who know just how you feel. Pimples don't take away from the true beauty of your face :) Just try not to focus on them...when you look at yourself in the mirror you tend to zero in on your flaws. Most likely, the people who matter like your friends and family...they just see YOU. Not your pimples.

Now I don't always follow my own advice....in fact I have a bunch of red marks from pimples I've been battling for the past month...and now I have a huge cyst blossoming right in between my eyebrows. I've picked it and now it's blood red and the size of a quarter. My spring break starts in a day and I was going to hang out with friends and even go to Disneyland....but now I'm considering canceling all those plans because I can hardly look at myself in the mirror. BUT I WON'T! Because we're not going to let pimples stop us from living our life :)

i agree we must continue with our life. this is really fustrating and it is really annoying..!!!!!! specially if you have someone you want to hang out and can't because some stupid pimple! Be patient, I have the same deal, i have this huge pimples in one area. be brave.

Alright. So.

It was getting better. In fact, today someone randomly told me I was really pretty. So I was super excited. Hope!

But this is what I get for being optimistic for a minute or two. Now I have a new cyst thing forming right next to where the old ones were. I have a tooonnnn of regular zits on the way. And I have ANOTHER cyst or possibly twin cysts forming on the lower half of my left cheek. Also, my neck is breaking out again... which hasn't happened in awhile.

I'm trying diaper rash cream on my spots along with the 10%BP wash and a teeny weeny bit of Proactiv refining mask, since I read on some other boards that the ass cream actually helped. Honestly, now I'm so desperate for anything. Sad.

Well, I'm sure by tomorrow my face will be a full-blown minefield. Awesome.

FML.

You shouldn't have popped it. I've found out the best way (long term) to treat acne is not to pop it and instead be gentle. Remember you're not supposed to be on a "war against blemishes", because you can't win that. Instead you should be treating your skin to prevent them. Popping just makes it worse for most people, from what I've experienced.

Man. Now the cyst that came up is ginormous and red. Like my face is seriously grossing me out. And I still have the two smaller but still noticeable zits on the lower part of my left cheek.

I wish all of my face was as clear as my forehead! So frustrating. :[

How do I get this cyst to come to a head?? Fast??

To get a cyst to a head just use a washcloth and do hot water compresses.

Always works for me. I did it for like 10 minutes then within an hour it'd be a head.

Alright, I just did warm water washcloth compresses. But I don't know how well it's going to work... this zit is killer. :[

And it doesn't help that I have to be up all night tonight studying for my IB Spanish oral tomorrow! Can you say EPIC FAIL?

Crossing my fingers. =/

Wow. I don't know why or how, but the compresses seemed to only have made it bigger. And harder. And now I definitely don't see it coming to a head anytime soon, if ever. WTF is wrong with my face??

I'm so pissed off right now. It is so incredibly unnecessary for this to happen to anyone. I don't care if you all want to leave me messages saying 'life is never fair' and all that. Because honestly, I am just so fed up with the whole thing. I'm SO tired of hating myself all the time and never being able to change it. I hate that my own stupid face, the thing that people notice more than anything else, the thing I cannot ever hide from, is the picture of failure. I feel like I will never amount to anything simply because no one will ever be able to look past my fucked up face. I know I can't. To me, it is THE defining aspect of who I am. I am my acne. And that is seriously disgusting to think about. I'm tired of going to this site and bothering everyone with my questions and my ranting like I'm doing RIGHT NOW. I'm so tired of having my skin RUN MY LIFE. But I can't change it. Nothing I say or do will ever change the fact that I look like shit, all the time, no matter what. No amount of makeup or style or personality can disguise the fact that I am an ugly individual.

I'm so stressed out with school and drama and the last thing I want to sit here and worry about until the wee hours of the morning is how much worse I'm going to look tomorrow. But you know what? That's what I'm doing right now. Tonight. And I'll do it tomorrow night, and the night after. Because acne has won the fight. I give up. I can't pretend I'm happy and shit. I'M NOT. I hate the way I have to live. I'm sorry if this is long and stupid and pessimistic. But I have to be honest.

Someone please just put me out of my misery now...?

aww...

instead of trying to give you some advice or anything, i just wanted you to know that i understand how you feel...a lot of people do...and don't worry about being pessimistic, you're just being honest. i can totally relate...so try to take comfort in knowing others, such as myself, feel your pain and are experiencing the same exact feelings. i know it sounds cheesy, but you're not alone.

Now. There are three. In the same area. THREE. I've never had more than one big cyst at a time.

I don't understand. I'm not doing anything differently from the usual. NOTHING is different. And yet I'm breaking out worse than I ever have before. EVER. :[

I'm honestly just at my wits' end. I have sat here and cried and hated myself for the past hour and a half. And it isn't showing signs of letting up anytime soon.

How do I fix this? How do I get rid of these stupid spots? It's almost funny how these stupid red lumps on my face manage to ruin my entire life. I can't be normal. I can't be HAPPY.

fuck this.

ICE + PROACTIV MASK AT NIGHT.

I am literally icing a cyst on my chin right now... Which is usually the case when I'm surfing the net! Ice wrapped in a towel in one hand, mouse in the other.

Once you ice it as much as you can and you're ready for bed, put a dab of your proactiv mask on it (I love that as spot treatment too!).

When it starts to go down in size the next day or couple days, instead of the mask, ice it and put polysporin on it to prevent a red mark.

Ice cubes wrapped in a towel are my saviour. Please, do it!

Thanks, guys.

Well, usually icing does nothing for me at all, but since you were so enthusiastic abut it, Polska, I decided why not. So I iced the old zit and the new one right above it and put BP and Proactiv spot mask stuff on them and now I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Bah. I doubt it will help, as it is still extremely painful, even when I'm not actually touching them... :[ Urgh. It's so annoying going to bed knowing that I will wake up to see that it has gotten worse. SO frustrating.

Duchamp, to answer your questions-- I am 17 years old, a senior in high school in the IB program. I'm also playing the lead in our production of Cinderella and I'm trying to figure out what to do about college. The point is, I'm very, very busy even without a job. I don't think I could handle a job now. =/ I'm really just trying to graduate...! My mom is a widow as of last year and I have a brother and a sister as well. She supports all of us, somehow. But we struggle through every month. So there is no hope of me going to a dermatologist now. I know the only thing that can work is Accutane. It's the only thing that ever HAS worked for me in the past. But we certainly cannot afford it, so I'm stuck like this.

GRRR.