Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NJT

Johnson & Johnson Band-Aid SCAR HEALING

Has anyone tried these strips? I am just starting them and I don't know effective they are but I have to say they are SO convenient to use compared to the other scar healing strips i've tried (and therefore stop using cause it's so annoying). I have a scar around a bend and it fits so well I don't even feel it...just wondering if they have actually worked...T.

I get the feeling that band aids will be about as effective as Mederma for acne scars---i.e. not effective at all!

Good luck though!

get the feeling that band aids will be about as effective as Mederma for acne scars---i.e. not effective at all!

My gf used mederma and she said that it was very effective, but only for fresh and recent scars. Old scars...not so much.

I'm glad to hear it does work for some people. Perhaps my deal was that my scars are old.

So maybe there is hope for that band-aid. You do only put a bandaid on a newly damaged area. That would be good for the occasional little scars I get from shaving my legs.

Just a few comments on Band Aids, Mederma etc. I've gotten mixed results with clients using all of the products. I have found that the fresher the scar, the more effective the treatment is. The new Band Aid is very similar to the burn pads we use around the eye after Erbium laser treatments and they really do help the healing process and reduce scarring. Mederma can have an irritating effect on some people, some clients have had to stop using it immediately because of the burning and redness, it may be do to the vehicle it is dissoved in ( just guessing ) The best I have found for older scars is the silicone sheets that are applied to the scar, the longer you wear them the better the result and they contain NO chemicals, you can also use HA under them. The downside is you would not want to go out with these on your face, but if you wear them at home or while sleeping the results are pretty good. They are also reusable and can be cut to any shape. the effects are not always immediate but if you are patient you will see an improvement. Several brands are available at any pharmacy.

These treatments work on all types of scars, indented or raised. Patience is the key here....it is not a quick fix ! The longer you use any of these products, the better the result.