Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wash my face in the morning with Olay foaming cleanser, feels really good after i clean it not over drying, nice and smooth. During the day my face gets really oily, does anyone know any gental cleansers that can help me with my oily face or have tried anything that has helped them? i have moderate acne.

thanks!!

:]

I personally have been using a cleanser from Shisheido. Its $20 for the cleanser but I have had it awhile and I still have most of it left. Its from the pureness acne line. Unfortunately, in order to improve acne, you are gonna need more than just a cleanser.

have you ever tried Philosophy's Purity Made Simple face wash?

it's super gentle but literally melts away makeup!

it gets all the grime off your face (do the toner test and your cotton ball will be clean!) and it helps your skin produce less oil because of all the different extracts and natural oils in the cleanser.

:)

I wash my face in the morning with Olay foaming cleanser, feels really good after i clean it not over drying, nice and smooth. During the day my face gets really oily, does anyone know any gental cleansers that can help me with my oily face or have tried anything that has helped them? i have moderate acne.

thanks!!

:]

foaming cleanser or any soap cleanser strips the skin and causes severe dryness. You probably noticed your face feeling tight after getting out of the shower and a few hours later your skin feeling oily? its because the soap has stripped the corneocytes from your face! I LOVE Cerave hydrating cleanser, it cleans and doesnt strip the skin like soap or foaming cleansers do. give it a go and tell me how it is!

The biggest myth out there is moisturizers cause acne for oily skin types, well i think the opposite.. because we feel oily is because we are DRY! so try it out. seriously! hope you the best.

Adam

My acne clinic sells their own product line and has started selling non-treatment products to anyone who wants to purchase them (they used to only sell to their clients). This cleaser is really good for acne prone skin (non-drying, won't clog your pores, and cleans your skin really well):

Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel - $24

A sudsy, oil-free cleanser that is formulated for sensitive skin. It cleanses without drying, leaving the skin soft and clean. This is a great cleanser to use if you have inflamed acne lesions. 8 oz.

Ingredients:

Deionized Water, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Allantoin, Panthenol, Polysorbate-20, Chamomile, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance.

If you are interested in checking it out, I can give you the info about where to order it.