Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drdeadly

4 months 60mg - is it enough ?

Hey. So I'm 3 months into a 4 month course of accutane (60mg). My skin has reacted really well and Is almost completely clear. The whole thing has cost me a lot financially though and my biggest fear is that the acne might come back. Also, Id like to be clear for like, a month solid before I come off it.

My question is, should I ask my dermatologist to give me an extra months prescription making it 5 months in total, just to be sure ? I couldnt afford another course of accutane so want to be completely sure its gone for as long as possible before I come off it!

Also, has anyone had longstanding positive results after a 4 month course ?

My derm told me she wanted me to be clear for 2 months before coming off .....if that helps. I am only on month 3, so I can't give you any long term advice.

How much do you weigh? Generally, 120mg of Accutane per kg of body weight is the accepted "ideal" dose.

60mg a day * 30 days a month * 4 months = 7200mg.

If you weigh 75kg (165lbs) then this would be a net of 96mg/kg, which is lower than the average dose. If you're lighter (ie. if you only weigh 145lbs) then this might be an ideal dose.

I would speak to your dermatologist about this and get his or her take.

I took it for 4 and 1/2 months. Weigh 115 40mgsday. Skin looked GREAT!!! Mild acne came back within 2 months. Going back to the derm in a few weeks

i did 5 at 70 and i weigh 180 .. My first month was 40 as well .. then 60 .. then the last 3 70.. so you should be fine

Hey your really good at the calculating thing when it comes to the dosage and your weight. How about can you see if my dosage would be enough to completely get rid of my acne for a life time.

I am a 34 year old female. Iweigh 180lbs. 5'4' in hieght. My derm has put me on 40mg twice a day = to 80mg a day.

I just started my regimen on 3/5/2009. Side effects: dry lips, tender nose, skin was a bit oiler in the first couple of days, but I dont know if that was because I was using cetaphil moisturizer, I stopped using it for now to see if that was the problem. I use cetaphil daily cleanser in the morning and at night before bed.

I have not had a IB just as of yet, face is fairly clear with the exception of one bump on my forehead and a small one on my rt. cheek, however I have dark blemishes on both my cheeks the rt. side being more noticble but its ok because I am hoping for the best thrugh out this journey.

I would like for you to help me out with the calculation if you can, your good at that. Wish me luck with the course, O my derm said I will be doing a 5 month course.

Look forward to hear from you.

How much do you weigh? Generally, 120mg of Accutane per kg of body weight is the accepted "ideal" dose.

60mg a day * 30 days a month * 4 months = 7200mg.

If you weigh 75kg (165lbs) then this would be a net of 96mg/kg, which is lower than the average dose. If you're lighter (ie. if you only weigh 145lbs) then this might be an ideal dose.

I would speak to your dermatologist about this and get his or her take.