Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dancingwind

how many of you could have been good looking, beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, attractive etc if u didnt have acne?

when i'm clear, i think i'm attractive. not in a conceded "i'm hot shit" kind of way, though. when my skin is bad, i think i'm the ugliest person aliiiiiive.

what a difference a couple bumps makes in my self esteem...

Same for me..

same here!

if i didn't have acne i would FEEL beautiful/gorgeous/hahaha (i'm laughing because duuude how fun would that be?)

which would do wonders for my self esteem and i'd probably end up acting like i was pretty instead of a mutant like right now which would improve the way people think of me...i think. :)

Acne is not enough to turn someone from good looking to ugly. If you are good looking then acne doesn't mean anything.

So people like suzy, who can feel down about acne making them look bad, should know that people are born good looking and no matter what some might say or what the acne might look like, they are still a total babe.

if you're trying to earn brownie points toward leg humping....it's working!

;)

:w00t:

'What you could have been' isnt what are you are now. What you are is your present self, acne or not. Fuck the past.

I'd be considerd gorgeous if i didnt have acne, i mean i have this mullet thingie haircut... i have short layers on top of my hair and i tease that part and make it all spiky and short layers from my left side where it covers part of my face where i get breakouts sooo yeahhhh and my friends are like even tho i can see only 1 eye your SO pretty..blehhhhh i feel sooo unpretty, i got a huge pimple last week but it disapeared (?spelling?) so yay!!!!

I feel like having acne doesn't detract from whatever attractiveness level I have to begin with. I do know I feel better about myself when my face is clear, but I don't feel ugly anymore when it's not.

You also have to remember that when we stare at ourselves in the mirror, it is simply our face we are fixated on. Everybody else sees your entire self, from what you are wearing, to your hair, to how you carry yourself.

I completely agree with you. I feel so much more confident when my skin is clear or at least when i can look at myself in the mirror and say "i don't look half bad today or i actually look cute"

Seeing that we are in a society where self-image is all anyone ever talks about nowadays makes people even more self-conscious. Even though we may not see ourselves as we would like, others opinions are really what matters because they are the ones looking at you from inside and out.

Don't think it would be different. Would still get down on myself over physical attributes I have no control over.

Don't think it would be different. Would still get down on myself over physical attributes I have no control over.

I hear ya

If I had clear skin.... Id pick on my thunder thighs instead...

Saying that, Ive kept the same guy happy for 15 years so I kinda figured acne doesnt make you ugly at all, my hubby says he couldnt give two shits about my skin condition.

When you walk into a room wearing nothing but a smile, trust me, acne is the LAST thing people see hehe.

because of my acne made my self esteem go down the drain and i don't care about how i look anymore

im not stylish in terms of clothing, makeup and hair anymore

This is how I feel. I feel like there's no point in dressing up, doing my hair special, putting on makeup for purposes other than to cover acne or anything else because of my acne. I just use those things to cover me up now. I wouldn't think I was beautiful if I got rid of acne but at least I'd feel normal. I also know I'd find something else to pick on and wouldn't get any sleep until I "fixed" the problem, but at least I could check acne off from the list.

(This is how I feel at my worst, sometimes I overcome this but it's a challenge)

^ I agree :/ I also hate it when they complain about having a zit.

There's always been at least one zit on my face. What the hell am I supposed to say? -_-;;

I could have been a model :I

Hermit-crabbing indoors away from society had made me stay home in my room more often. I also gained some weight -_-;;;

sigh. Too much shit growing on my face...

can't really see me anymore.

I honestly have no idea if I am cute|hot|whateveryouwanttocallit or not. All I know is that acne makes me look worse, obviously, but, I live with it :).

I wouldn't be drop dead gorgeous but at least without acne I wouldn't have to use excuses for how I feel or look.

If I had a chance to start over from the beginning without acne I don't know how I'd turn out.......but at least I'd have a chance to decide it for myself rather then not having a choice. Jealousy hurts and envy is so poisonous. Acne just makes it hard to survive when there are so many other things worth suffering for.

I don't really have much acne at all at the minute, but I tell you what does make me look hideous: oily skin. I know I can soak most of it up with paper towels, but the oil is soon back. It makes you look so messy.

I think I'd be alright looking if I didn't have acne, I'd probably be more confident to be happier all around, instead of sitting here on my computer wasting my life.

today i saw the pics that my friend posted on facebook....she has clear skin...and in those photos she was wearing a beautiful dress...she looked absolutely pretty with her crystal clear skin....after that, i felt bad about myself because of the life i have wasted...i could have been confident and care free about life....i could have been as gorgeous as her in that dress too...except that my skin would spoil it all....no matter what people say about acne having no effect on our attractiveness, it still makes us look flawed (sorry, i dont know how to express this, this is the only way i can think of)....

Ya sure if i didn't have skin issues i'd be a lot prettier as would anyone but yanno the whole shabang the person with clear skin wishes they had bigger boobs , the person with big boobs wish they had more money blah blah blah n stuff

In all honesty though if i was " flawless" i'd be a total douchebag.

As much as i hate to admit it at least now i realise how self centred and narcistic i used to be.

The irony in most of these posts is that you all truly believe without acne you would look beautiful.

In all likelihood, most would simply replace acne with something else and then obsess over that; beauty is as much down to the mind as it is to physical appearance.

the most sensible reply thus far. big time props.

humans are naturally obsessive and short-sighted. if it wasn't the acne, it would be their facial features and skin tone. if it isn't any of these, it must be their weight.

The irony in most of these posts is that you all truly believe without acne you would look beautiful.

In all likelihood, most would simply replace acne with something else and then obsess over that; beauty is as much down to the mind as it is to physical appearance.

humans are naturally obsessive and short-sighted. if it wasn't the acne, it would be their facial features and skin tone. if it isn't any of these, it must be their weight.

Hmm, I don't know I'm pretty happy with my weight, other features etc... It's just my skin holding me back. To be frank I think I'm a pretty good looking guy without acne. Either way we shouldn't obsess over it too much.

Looks wise, I'm average and I'm completely fine with that. Not relying on my looks in life has developed other parts of me for which I'm thankful. That said, when my skin is looking good, I'm more confident and that shines through, which makes me more attractive. When my skin is not doing great, I hold back, have a shorter fuse, and am less confident. Combined, these make me less attractive as a whole.

I've always felt that i would be somewhat attractive without my acne and scars

Im just praying that Accutane and my scar treatments do their work

Hmm, I don't know I'm pretty happy with my weight, other features etc... It's just my skin holding me back. To be frank I think I'm a pretty good looking guy without acne. Either way we shouldn't obsess over it too much.

^i used to feel this way--that i really liked everything else about my appearance except my acne, and that my skin was holding me back. now that accutane has given me clear skin, i feel like my nose is weird or that my thighs are too big, etc., so i don't know..although it's not as big as an obsession as my acne/skin was, i find myself beginning to notice other things about myself that i don't necessarily love anymore..