Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdamo

You Know You're on the Regimen/Suffer From Acne When....

1. You own 10 white/offwhite/grey t-shirts shirts and 1 blue.

2. The blue one has a purple collar.

3. You're socially inept at the whole 'kiss on the cheek' greeting thing because you've barely ever done it because the thought of making some poor person kiss your face is outrageous.

4. You've forgotten how to establish eye contact.

5. You've developed a reflex action whereby if someone's hand strays too close to your face you smack it away with Bruce Lee speed. (And sound effects)

6. You're in the habit of sleeping with your face actually hanging off the edge of your pillow, suspended in the air, so as to avoid smothering it.

7. You can spell Benzoyl Peroxide.

8. (If male) your closest friends, to whom you could not be bothered hiding your regiment habits from, relentlessly rip on you for 'doing your makeup', 'moisturizing like a girl', 'not having your face on'.

9. (If male) you go along with them. Because it's funny.

10. You always have 2 types of sunscreen: one for everywhere except your face, and one which is 'super sensitive dermatologically tested' lotion.

11. Your face is perpetually pale: any tan that occurs is instantly vaporised as you assault your face with products your car engine would spit out.

12. When you see a Clearasil add you mutter: "pfft... noobs.."

13. When buying Benzoyl Peroxide, if the girl behind the counter asks: 'have you used this product before?', you say no, just to see if she knows her stuff.

14. Every towel in your house looks like a factory error.

15. You've overdone the Benzoyl Peroxide, reddening your skin around the eyes, and then had people offer you anti-histamines at school/work because they think you've got hayfever.

16. (If male) (TRUE STORY) You were dumb enough to buy an acne cream that uses a skin tone to lessen the redness only to have...

half a room

...of people

...at school

...stop and look at you

...after one person asks:

"ARE YOU WEARING FOUNDATION ?"

That's all from me.

Lol this is funny.. and so very true! I like the one about smacking peoples hand away from your face.. ive been known to pull that move.. haha thanks for making me smile. :angel:

5. You've developed a reflex action whereby if someone's hand strays too close to your face you smack it away with Bruce Lee speed. (And sound effects)

:D :clap: OMG, so guilty of this, I HATE people touching my face, or my hair.

17. You routinely freak out the pharmacy clerk by sayings stuff like: "oh no, not that moisturiser, it has propylen glycol and that has a grade 4 on the comedogenic scale, I read a study that mentions anything more then 5% of that is a clear skin irritant"

6. You're in the habit of sleeping with your face actually hanging off the edge of your pillow, suspended in the air, so as to avoid smothering it.

haha omg so guilty, i started doing this when i used bp at night, i really thought i was retarted doing this :P never knew i wasnt the only one

18: when shopping with friends, you fake looking at some clothes you see hanging in a shop, just to get a glimpse of your own reflection in the window to see how you look

Excellent and light-humored post! You have developed one exceptionally helpful defense mechanism at reducing the emotional and psychological effects of acne: humor!

Thank you for sharing. :D

11. Your face is perpetually pale: any tan that occurs is instantly vaporised as you assault your face with products your car engine would spit out.

OMFG I just spat my drink at my poor laptop!!

Please, do you have any more, you gotta post it!

You check yourself out in all the mirrors in your house before you go out and the mirror you look best in, you stare at for a while, until you get enough courage to go out.

When you like it best to look in mirrors that have really dim lighting.

When you get a meal with veg on it, you eat the veg first before anything else.

These are so true 90% are dead on for me..

19. a. You get hounded by skin cleanser booth people when you go to the mall.

19. b. Stay away from malls

You check yourself out in all the mirrors in your house before you go out and the mirror you look best in, you stare at for a while, until you get enough courage to go out.

Yes

and yes again

oh god..... are you in my closet? *checks over shoulder*

its its raining, or even Drizzling, you take cover! Dont get that freshly dried BP wet!

Yes

and yes again

oh god..... are you in my closet? *checks over shoulder*

I'm not alone! :boogie: :boogie:

lmao! all of these are so true!

What about if you're a guy, and you use the reflective part of your phone as a mirror to see your face?

haha at #15

for a week people thought i must be mourning a relative because my eyes were so red...and watery :)

also...if your workout clothes or the necklines of your pjs are bleached because of accidental benzoyl peroxide smearing!

lol i so agree with numba 8 and 9...u have to go along with it!, the rain one is so tRUEE ASWELL...love the benzoyl peroxide joke tooo

i agree with the moderator who said about humor...that really is the only thing that can keep you going!, so lets start being creative and finding ways of making ourselves happy, smile and laugh!!!!!

We have an official forum psychologist now. Brilliant post.

20. Your fear of being judged because of your face becomes an anticipated sense of righteousness, which wants to reveal itself as a flurry of angry as soon as someone says something ignorant about your condition. "I've tried everything! All of it, the benzoyl peroxide, salicylic/mandelic/glycolic acid, non-dairy diet, apple cider vinegar, urine treatment, colon detox, green tea, and antibiotics! And you consider me unclean! RAAAAAAAAAGE!"

No, I've never tried the urine on my face and don't plan to.

Glad to see others share in the weird habits I've developed over the years. You never realise how much of your brainpower you subconsciously devote to acne treatment and prevention.

See if anyone matches these more advanced signs you've been on the regimen too long...

21. When you feel pimple starting to form you already know

i) what type it will be

ii) how big/painful it will be

iii) how long it will last

because you've noticed you get the exact same pimples in the exact same spots over time due to some cruel cyclical acne pattern.

22. You barely remember what ice cream tastes like.

23. You were the only one in the cinema who laughed loudly at the scene in 'Transformers' when Shia LeBouf leans into the mirror with his fingers to his face before suddenly backing away muttering "uh..! no; premature..."

24. When you see someone on the acne.org forums posting a mournful thread about their condition, and their acne isn't as bad as yours, you yell at the monitor: "Stop complaining, it's a couple of blackheads! Go out and enjoy life!"

25. When you see someone on the acne.org forums posting a mournful thread about their condition, and their acne is more severe than yours, you lean back and say "Man, I've got it easy, I oughta shut up and go enjoy life"

26. You prefer night time because in the dimness you appear photo-shopped.

27. You've skipped a day of school because you couldn't face up to the world with a massive inflamed nodule on the side of your nose.

28. When you meet someone who suffers from acne, you immediately like them because you know that any negative personality trait has been ground into dust by the mental trauma of acne; leaving only a humble, modest person beneath.

29. You once caught someone about to wash their face with SOAP so you slapped it out of their hands exclaiming you just saved their life.

30. When you finally went and saw your doctor about acne, you asked yourself 'why the hell didn't I do this 2 years ago?'

31. When someone compliments your skin (I know, not often) you smile politely, turn to them and reply WITH 17 DETAILED AND DOCUMENTED REASONS WHY THEY'RE WRONG

32. (If male) you use lip cream. SPF15+

33. (If male) you now enjoy using lip cream.

34. (If male) ...hell, even if you stopped suffering from acne you'd keep using the stuff anyway. Did you know lip cream prevents cold sores?

35. You've gone through periods where, after washing your face (but before moisterising) you cannot eat, smile, talk, or move any muscle on your face because it's so dry.

36. If you get interrupted in the middle of applying benzoyl peroxide, you have to wash it off and start again because 'it's ruined now'

37. You cut your BP tubes in half with scissors in order to extract the last precious drops.

38. You've written a letter to your local parliamentarian demanding customs import duties be slashed on acne products so you can order in Dan's stuff. (Ok, haven't done that one to be honest)

39. After applying BP you wipe your eyebrows thoroughly with water because you're paranoid you'll bleach them.

40. (If male) you talk to your mother about moisturizers, who then later refers to you as 'the daughter she never had'

what about when proactiv, clean & clear, and neutrogena commercials seem 10X longer when you're watching tv with your friends compared to when youre alone?

Tupac; I KNOW! It's like watching tv with your parents and then a graphic sex scene comes on.

It's excruciating.

what about when proactiv, clean & clear, and neutrogena commercials seem 10X longer when you're watching tv with your friends compared to when youre alone?

Sometimes proactiv commercials last for over two minutes. Can be torture. Try to drown out the commercial with conversation. Seriously, just start talking about anything. Distract your guests and hopefully they won't pay attention to the tv.

1. You own 10 white/offwhite/grey t-shirts shirts and 1 blue.

2. The blue one has a purple collar.

3. You're socially inept at the whole 'kiss on the cheek' greeting thing because you've barely ever done it because the thought of making some poor person kiss your face is outrageous.

4. You've forgotten how to establish eye contact.

7. You can spell Benzoyl Peroxide.

8. (If male) your closest friends, to whom you could not be bothered hiding your regiment habits from, relentlessly rip on you for 'doing your makeup', 'moisturizing like a girl', 'not having your face on'.

9. (If male) you go along with them. Because it's funny.

10. You always have 2 types of sunscreen: one for everywhere except your face, and one which is 'super sensitive dermatologically tested' lotion.

12. When you see a Clearasil add you mutter: "pfft... noobs.."

13. When buying Benzoyl Peroxide, if the girl behind the counter asks: 'have you used this product before?', you say no, just to see if she knows her stuff.

14. Every towel in your house looks like a factory error.

15. You've overdone the Benzoyl Peroxide, reddening your skin around the eyes, and then had people offer you anti-histamines at school/work because they think you've got hayfever.

16. (If male) (TRUE STORY) You were dumb enough to buy an acne cream that uses a skin tone to lessen the redness only to have...

half a room

...of people

...at school

...stop and look at you

...after one person asks:

"ARE YOU WEARING FOUNDATION ?"

That's all from me.

LOL that's really funny