Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletedaccount111

Today I went to fill my accutane prescription

Today I went to fill my accutane prescription. I had previously gone on Saturday to do so, but they did not have my generic (i have no prescription drug coverage, so thats kinda important). Anyways, after a curiously long period of waiting for my pharmacist to return with the pills, she instead came back with the news that my ipledge id # and birthdate were apparently incompatible. Mind you, this is not my first month on the drug, so I found this confusing. We then called ipledge, and after 25 minutes of being redirected to different automated messages, we were finally put in touch with an actual human. This rep then confirmed that, while i was qualified to receive the medicine, my birthdate was apparently entered into the system wrong by my derms office. I called them immediatly to correct the error, but of course their office had closed 15 minutes earlier. So, because of their error-and the ridiculously nonsensical red tape-i was once again turned away empty handed. Will find out tomorrow if the third time's the charm. FML

aww i'm sorry to hear that. that sucks.

i had a crappy time with the pharmacy today as well. i was trying to get my generic for accutane filled too. at first they said they had it and to come back in an hour. then i get a phone call saying they don't have it, but that they will tomorrow. then i get another phone call later saying that they won't have it at all? wtf? then the lady was trying to get me to switch brands and stuff and i was like NO. so now i have to drive there and pick up the piece of paper and get it filled elsewhere. FML!

i hope you get it sorted out though.

aww i'm sorry to hear that. that sucks.

i had a crappy time with the pharmacy today as well. i was trying to get my generic for accutane filled too. at first they said they had it and to come back in an hour. then i get a phone call saying they don't have it, but that they will tomorrow. then i get another phone call later saying that they won't have it at all? wtf? then the lady was trying to get me to switch brands and stuff and i was like NO. so now i have to drive there and pick up the piece of paper and get it filled elsewhere. FML!

i hope you get it sorted out though.

Ugh, I am completely empathetic.

And for the record, I was in fact able to get my prescription today with only marginal inconvenience (they only ordered 30 pills rather than the 60 that i required). So, all in all im done complaining for another month. Hopefully things work out well for you too!

Seems to be an AWFUL day with prescriptions and dermatologists today... I went to fill my prescription of Acctuane my LAST MONTH! It was my 6th day in the 7-day time-frame I have to get my Rx... They told me I was out of the time frame though... and after an hour and a half on the phone the pharmacist told me that my dermatologist entered my pregnancy test on the WRONG DAY! So I'm kicked out of the system now thanks to my derm... And for girls, it's HARD to get back in... it would take like 2 months... ughhh.

Today I went to fill my accutane prescription. I had previously gone on Saturday to do so, but they did not have my generic (i have no prescription drug coverage, so thats kinda important). Anyways, after a curiously long period of waiting for my pharmacist to return with the pills, she instead came back with the news that my ipledge id # and birthdate were apparently incompatible. Mind you, this is not my first month on the drug, so I found this confusing. We then called ipledge, and after 25 minutes of being redirected to different automated messages, we were finally put in touch with an actual human. This rep then confirmed that, while i was qualified to receive the medicine, my birthdate was apparently entered into the system wrong by my derms office. I called them immediatly to correct the error, but of course their office had closed 15 minutes earlier. So, because of their error-and the ridiculously nonsensical red tape-i was once again turned away empty handed. Will find out tomorrow if the third time's the charm. FML

ugh, i went through a similiar situation a couple months ago. SUCH a pain in the ass!! just don't flip out on the pharmacist, because apparently that doesn't settle anything. :shifty:

Seems to be an AWFUL day with prescriptions and dermatologists today... I went to fill my prescription of Acctuane my LAST MONTH! It was my 6th day in the 7-day time-frame I have to get my Rx... They told me I was out of the time frame though... and after an hour and a half on the phone the pharmacist told me that my dermatologist entered my pregnancy test on the WRONG DAY! So I'm kicked out of the system now thanks to my derm... And for girls, it's HARD to get back in... it would take like 2 months... ughhh.

OK, you 'win' the prize for worst pharmaceutical experience; that is absolutely ridiculous.

If your dermatologist's office is in fact unable to talk to ipledge tomorrow and override the system(crossing my fingers that this is still a developing situation), i think you would be well within reason to expect some sort of reimbursment from them. My understanding is that cutting a course short almost invalidates the entire sacrifice, which would be unimaginably frustrating. You shouldn't have to bear a financial burden for their mistake. Really sorry you have to deal with that.

ugh, i went through a similiar situation a couple months ago. SUCH a pain in the ass!! just don't flip out on the pharmacist, because apparently that doesn't settle anything. :shifty:

hahah, thanks for the tip! Fortunately my pharmacist is pretty awesome, so i have not had an occassion to learn such a lesson personally.