Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yeaboy78

Sugars might be my problem

I've noticed something. Most of my friends don't get pimples. I've also noticed that when we go out to eat, go to the movies, or just out period they rarely buy a soda. They usually drink water or something uncarbonated and without any large amounts of sugar.

I drink soda at school, and when I come home I have about 3 - 5 soda. Each containing 35g of sugar for a total of about 210g of sugar daily with no glasses of water during the day and not including sugars in any food.

6 sodas on average each 35g

Total = 210g/12.5 = 16.8 tablespoons of sugar a day. That's like waking up in the morning and eating 17 tablespoons full of sugar. That's insane.

Is sugar a cause of acne? I know it aggravates hormones which make breakouts so I'd imagine it doesn't help.

Does drinking water really help clear up your face?

yes, i wouldn't say soda causes acne, but it doesn't help.

i completely avoid soda and sugary drinks.

i just drink water and tea.

i see absolutely no point in drinking your calories.

try cutting out your soda intake (especially since thats quite a bit of soda you drink!)

you'll probably be amazed at what a difference it'll make.

I don't think anybody's going to say it's a bad idea to give up soda, regardless of how much or little it affects acne. Of course, if you add up all the glucose+fructose in a "healthy" vegetable & fruit smoothie, you might find that's a little insane, too. We probably did not evolve with blenders, or a place to plug them in. :D

You could have candida... apparently 85% of the population have it without even knowing! It's a yeast infection that feeds on sugar so if you've been consuming that much I would assume you probably have it too. It can cause acne as well as other symptoms so yes while sugar may not cause acne, if you have candida it can. Try doing the spit test tomorrow morning. Here are the instructions:

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/candida-test.html

Oh and that much sugar is really insane for your health in general!

You could have candida... apparently 85% of the population have it without even knowing! It's a yeast infection that feeds on sugar so if you've been consuming that much I would assume you probably have it too. It can cause acne as well as other symptoms so yes while sugar may not cause acne, if you have candida it can. Try doing the spit test tomorrow morning. Here are the instructions:

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/candida-test.html

Oh and that much sugar is really insane for your health in general!

lol well I'm not a girl so a yeast infection isn't on my 'To worry' list.

Also, I really don't have acne. Just these pimples or a few pimples that come up in the same place sometimes that I can't seem to get to stop. I'm turning 18 in april, so I'm almost out of puberty.

lol well I'm not a girl so a yeast infection isn't on my 'To worry' list.

Also, I really don't have acne. Just these pimples or a few pimples that come up in the same place sometimes that I can't seem to get to stop. I'm turning 18 in april, so I'm almost out of puberty.

Men get candida too... it's an infection caused by too much yeast in the gut. You may be fine but it doesn't hurt to do the test, it only takes a few minutes. If you do have it and don't do anything then it will get worse. I just wish I'd discovered it before my skin got bad.

I've noticed something. Most of my friends don't get pimples. I've also noticed that when we go out to eat, go to the movies, or just out period they rarely buy a soda. They usually drink water or something uncarbonated and without any large amounts of sugar.

I drink soda at school, and when I come home I have about 3 - 5 soda. Each containing 35g of sugar for a total of about 210g of sugar daily with no glasses of water during the day and not including sugars in any food.

6 sodas on average each 35g

Total = 210g/12.5 = 16.8 tablespoons of sugar a day. That's like waking up in the morning and eating 17 tablespoons full of sugar. That's insane.

Is sugar a cause of acne? I know it aggravates hormones which make breakouts so I'd imagine it doesn't help.

Does drinking water really help clear up your face?

It doesnt for me. I rarely ever drink soda and when I say rarely, I mean one or half a soda once a year. I drink tons of water and its done absolutely nothing for my skin. You shouldnt drink that much soda though really. You dont want diabetes and soda causes weight gain too. It also wears the enamel off of your teeth which leads to cavities

Well its only been 4 days without soda and just drinking water and I've noticed a large improvement in everything. As of now I have no pimples anywhere except some red marks on my forehead from my hair but you can't see them. My face is clear, looking good and I'm feeling good. This just might be a stage or something but I truely believe that all the sugar I was drinking ( I learned that excess sugars cause an imbalance in hormones, which very well could lead to breakouts.) that was causing these random breakouts that had I had no explanation for.

Everybody's acne has a different cause, and perhaps you found yours, that's great! :) It's good you cut back for your general health too, because even though you don't feel it now, those sodas are doing murder to your liver, kidneys, and teeth.

Yes, I am quite positive that it was cutting out coca cola that had by far the biggest impact on clearing my skin.

Drinking sugar throughout the day without food that might help prevent blood sugar spikes is one of the worst things you can do. In addition to the blood sugar stimulating hormones, sugar is also very inflammatory. Acne is an inflammatory condition. And the HFCS, phosporic acid and diuretic effect of caffeine in soda prevent so many important nutrients from being absorbed. Nutrients like zinc, magnesium, and calcium.

Of course, if you add up all the glucose+fructose in a "healthy" vegetable & fruit smoothie, you might find that's a little insane, too.

Yes. Most commercially prepared food is crap. Full of ridiculously unnecessary amounts of sugar, the worst fats, salt, etc. That doesn't make smoothies bad. Just make your own.