Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwebb426

Not Washing My Face 14 Day Log

Just got back from camping. I used sunscreen everywhere on my body except for my face. Not too confident in that decision.

My face has been flaking more than it used to this week. I think that one day of BP did alot of damage to my skin. This recent sunburn I've acquired is going to be no help to that.

Mat, have you started taking Taurine? Taking it with a meal is a much better idea than 30 min - 1hour before the meal. Yesterday I tried that, and my stomach cramped up... not so much fun.

As of right now, I'm optimistic.

Despite this increase in flakiness, my skin seems to be calming down.

Taurine can be taken with meals. Your stomach will absorb as much taurine as it wants with a meal or before a meal, so I definately take it with a meal, to avoid any risk of stomach cramps/aggrevation.

I apologize I should have been a little more clear by "empty stomach" I meant only empty of food what I forgot to say is take it with eight oz.s of water also. I do agree with carmarthenshire takeing it with food will suffice if it upsets your stomach easier than without.

Also sorry jwebb426 I did not mean for that to happen to you. I hope you do better! I'll stay posted.

sorry jwebb426 I did not mean for that to happen to you

ha. don't worry about it man. My body is just one big experiment. I want people to learn from my every mistake.

I have been on Taurine for about a week and a half (as thats when I started red bull) Started the supplements around 5days ago. Red bull has 1g of Taurine and it tastes very nice! As red bull has around 27g of sugar I only have a small bar of chocolate in the day and a big bar in the night now, to limit the sugar intake. I have gone down from 20mg of zinc to 10mg of zinc, no reason realy just dont want to overdose the body. I have started drinking half a glass of milk morning and night, to add calcium to my body. I had 2 greasy burgers last night and no breakouts whatsoever. With my b complex vitamins I only take 1 every morning (although it says to take 2)

My skin is looking brilliant but still dead skin looks kinda dirty nw but fuk it lol! I am around a week or 2 from being on this caveman regimen for 6 months. I am off on holiday in 19 days and then I will be putting sunscreen on my face daily.

Jwebb you definately should have been wearing a cowboy hat for nearly all day to stop sunburn on the face. I take my Taurine immediately after food. You should look into the sugar free red bulls.

OVer and out

Mat

hey well this is some of my progress so far, everything has been sweet except the cyst i had, but that coulda been dormant for a while and is finally gone. Anyways the first pic is the day before i started, pretty gross lol.

Im starting to get a little tan im noticing instead of that pale look thats associated with acne products :clap:

post-88592-1237433542_thumb.jpg

hey, it is nice how pleased and happy you look in the last picture compared to the first one..

congrats, man! :clap:

Ok lol, so heres what I did and it barely messed up my face.

I went to a house party my friend was throwing on Saturday night. Drank a lot of beer plus jack and coke. After being quite messed up, I totally forgot about my dead skin mask, and I jumped in the pool. Not too long after getting out of the pool my face felt extremely tight. So I went to a mirror, and dear god! The whole deadskin mask was just peeling away.

(I'm sure those of you on this regimen what it looks like after getting out of the shower once steam has penetrated the dead skin mask; Well picture that but 3 times as bad)

I rinsed off the chlorine with cool water, and forgot about it.

Woke up the next morning, only 2 new whiteheads (my daily average is 2-3) and the dead skin mask had readjusted back onto my face.

Now its 2 days later and my face is still pretty calm.

I'm starting to think it doesn't really matter what the fuck I do/eat/drink... acne is just random.

Oh well, feeling pretty good because my face has been steadily getting better the last 2 weeks.

The taurine might be working. I'm taking 500mg twice a day.

Alright, its been well over a week since my contact with chlorine.

I think my skin took a few days to break out from that irritation, but my face did worsen.

Right now I have alot of whiteheads; about twice as many as I usually have on my face at any given time.

The good thing is, they are only whiteheads, I don't have any larger pustules.

The pictures I take never really capture what my face looks like... I cant turn the flash off of my camera... Anyway, heres a few:

Full face

Left Side

Right Side

I'll add a few details since the pictures aren't the greatest. So the whiteheads I've been getting come to a head very very fast, like within a day. They stay for about 2 days before flaking off. My main problematic areas used to be my chin, but now on both sides it seems to be my cheeks. My forehead is now also breaking out, but the pictures didn't show that very clearly.

I am now taking 1.5g Taurine twice a day. I have also stopped weight lifting, but I am continuing to get 15-30 minutes of sun exposure every day, along with 30-60 min of exercise.

The pictures I take never really capture what my face looks like...

I have also stopped weight lifting, but I am continuing to get 15-30 minutes of sun exposure every day, along with 30-60 min of exercise.

hi jwebb426,

Haha, I suppose thats a good thing that you actually look better in your pics considering with most people pics some times make them look ten times worse! I also wanted to mention cyber kinetic exercise(not as futuristic as it sounds). You might want to google it because its basic concept is you use body force against it self to tone and build muscle with doing the least possible damage(unlike regular working out were you have to tear muscle to build it up better). So in short very little damage plus better results and NO equipment! And speaking of sun exposure try looking into L.E.D light therapy. I have had great results with it(it did take about two months of use to finally get results) and best part is it does not have to touch your skin so you can remain not washing your face. good luck and keep it up!

yea lol, my camera is a piece of shit.

And I've thought about LED light therapy but it looks fairly expensive. Kinetic exercise should work well for me... I've been looking for something to do on the days where I'm not playing basketball.

I think I'm starting to see the effects of Taurine.

I'm experiencing slightly less inflammation, while at the same time slightly drier skin.

I'm not saying you should all quit this regimen because I still believe in the concept completely. But while being on this regimen I developed some kind of folliculitis due to the bad hygiene. My red bumps and whiteheads just kept on getting worse, and they spread starting in the forehead where I didn't have acne before I started. But I faithfully kept going with the regimen which was a bad bad thing. It would clear up a little bit after my rare washes but then return shortly after. Also they itch like hell, and that apparently is one of the clear signs of having a folliculitis. It's just that since so many are talking about a lot of red bumps and stuff like that in these caveman threads I thought I'd throw it out there. It should be easier to treat than acne but I have yet to find out, as I just started. But look it up, do some searches yourself if you think you might have the same. First place to start would probably be the body acne section and then look for polysomthing folliculitis. Just thought I'd try to help, but keep on going strong - I think the caveman regimen will do great for many.

jwebb why dont you try an organic ph balanced cleansing bar that contains no harsh ingrediants and all that crap you find in most cleansers... the one im using keeps your acid mantle the way it should be and cleanses your face without drying it or making you oiily... Its called natures beauty cleansing bar... Not washing your face for such a long period of time really wouldnt do anybody any good....

Hmm.. that product actually looks good. I thought soap dried out skin though? Is it very gentle?

So i went a few weeks without water touching my face, and my chin and cheeks have made alot of progress. However, theres a new problem:

My deadskin mask has always been thickest on my cheekbones and the sensitive part of the cheek close to my nose... on both sides of my face. Well, I think this deadskin mask is starting to clog pores, because im getting whiteheads underneath it... They look trapped below the deadskin, and I dont think they will heal if they dont get oxygen.

I may introduce a rinse of water here and there to keep the deadskin from piling up that much. With that said, it will only be water... I'm not going to let myself use any type of damaging cleanser.

Still taking 1.5g of Taurine twice daily.

Glad to see you're doing good! From reading logs and such it would seem letting cold water rinse your face in the shower for about 30secs every three to four days works the best! In other news for thought red bull has just come out with an energy SHOT! What is great about it is that it only has 6grams of sugar(thats only a cube and a half!) and 1GRAM of taurine plus vitamin B3 19mg,vita. B6 4mg, vita. B12 4ug, Vita. B5 4mg, carbs. 6g, 40mg sodium, 25 cal. and 80mgs caffeine(same amont in premium coffee!). So in all essance it's red bull without all the bad stuff(i.e. sugar and calories), only down point though is that it costs about $2.50-$3.00bucks a pop. Anyways I hope all continues to go well.

Thanks for the info, but I'll pass for several reasons. The first being that I am a very frugal person, and $3 for a small energy drink isnt in the budget. Also, the small amount of caffeine in that drink still will play little tricks on my body.

Oh and btw my deadskin mask is turning into a dark brown skin spots. I think its almost ready to come off. Getting alot of peeling edges. I'm hoping in the next few weeks ill get to see some brand new spectacular skin.

So i really jumped the gun on that one.

I was so eager for the deadskin to come off, that I literally peeled it off myself.

The skin underneath is red,raw, and some of it is bleeding.

I guess some people will never learn not to touch their face.

<-----

Every time my acne gets worse, I find myself on this board; feeling sorry for myself, and I find myself applying some stupid topical that will hinder my process badly.

My new Regimen

Change my acne.org password to something ill never remember.

Rinse my face one last time.

Never touch or pick at my face, even if its itching.

Take down the mirror in my room.

Wake up, workout, leave the sweat on my face.

Study hard, Hang out with friends, and enjoy my last month of summer.

I'll never doubt my good looks again.

I will not think about my face.

I want to thank everybody who commented on my post. You've all helped me when I was struggling, but now I think its time for me to leave this board.

Special thanks to Dan, Mat, and posters like I am Snow, Adam08, Waterwater, and Wapak, who I've read their posts over and over again. Also I'd like to thank David Deangelo for writing such great motivational material, and although most of it is about success with women and dating, much of it has to do with clearing your mind and getting back your confidence.

I also want to thank my brother, who without even knowing has helped me out. At one point in his life he was on doxycycline and Duac, which he stopped for reasons unknown to me. He washes his face once a day, sometimes not at all, and his skin looks flawless. At the time that he stopped, he was around 19 years of age.

Very very rarely has anybody ever made me feel bad about my acne, so if I go out in public, why should I feel bad. I've turned over a new leaf before about my attitude towards acne, but this is different. This is a complete overhaul.

I'm making a promise to myself to not check my posts anymore, but feel free to respond.

However, I wont read it, and therefore I wont be able to comment on it.

Alright goodbye everybody. Time to start a more positive outlook.

Hey that's a great regimen.. I think almost everyday that it will be so much better when I don't have to think about my skin and don't have give it so much attention.. I mean just don't put anything on it.. Just cleanse your face and moisturize if you wish.. I am waiting for this day to come in my life..

I know a friend who cured her acne by just doing that.. She had severe acne a year back.. She only used to wash her face with any cleanser.. That's it.. She hardly gets any acne now.. I was amazed to hear that.. Earlier I thought she is not telling me what she does.. But I have stayed with her for several days.. And she actually doesn't do anything.. Now when my skin isn't good she keeps telling me don't use anything just cleanse it.. I am kinda scared to do that.. At times I get very tired of treating acne with several things.. I'm sure I am going to give this thing a shot some time soon..

Wish you luck!!

Hey Jwebb...

I just wanted to say that you should consider yourself verry lucky, cause I dont see your skin as acne at all man! you maybe have some spots, but who doesnt ? your skin looks great ! so enjoy it and dont come back here because you really dont need it ;)

cheers !

:wavey:

Question, why not wash your face but only with water? Seeing as how I too am concerned about the effects of all the products on my skin wouldn't simply washing with water eliminate them?

Idk I haven't washed my face in like a week just cause I got lazy I still have alot of acne but I notice i don't wake up with a face full of grease or get oily mid day. Anyway about shaving... idk why don't you try waxing? I know it hurts but you wouldn't have to deal with it till it grows back in again u know?