Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwebb426

Not Washing My Face 14 Day Log

I don't know about that Cubed. I think if I cleanse my face I will start seeing larger pimples and pustules again.

But that may just be what I need... Skin isn't in that bad of shape, Take a look and please give some advice... I really don't know what to do next.

Full face

Left side closeup

Right Chin closeup

Right side

A little bit of information here:

I should be on Day 40 of no washing, but i did rinse twice, and I used apple cider vinager 3 times... Which i think was a huge mistake.

Both times after i rinsed my face, I rubbed off the dead skin mask.

As of right now, this will be the 3rd dead skin mask forming, but it is not even close to as much dead skin as the first two had.

Guest invaderzim

the "do nothing" regimen does just that, nothing. i think the majority of people who try that end up simply outgrowing their acne. normally nobody starts off with that "regimen", they've dealt with acne many years before being desperate enough to try it. so i think that's another indication that it's them simply outgrowing their acne.

if you ask me, the "do nothing" regimen is like saying "if you don't take a shower, after some time, your body will adapt and no longer smell of body odor."

seriously, the whole thing is bs and i think you should at least step to something that maybe doesn't involve "treatment" (bp, sa, aha, etc) but at least washing gently with a mild wash and rinsing off.

jwebb426 I wouldnt use a razor for shaving anymore, I would buy a electric shaver and use the sideburn trimmer (thats what I do and no irritation at all) Its prob best that you start from scratch jwebb as the apple cider vinegar is harsh and probable take you back to square 1, dnt worry just learn from ur mistakes, let me know of ur progress.

Oh yea, I guess i neglected to mention that I've been shaving with an electric razor for the past 3 weeks.

Also, my acne is DEFINITELY getting worse.

My shoulders have flared up, and I'm now getting bacne for the first time in my life.

After contemplating it, I think the cause of it is increased testosterone...

In the past month I've been doing the P90X workout program, which no doubt has raised testosterone levels. I've also been alot more sexually active in the past month, which more than likely raised my testosterone levels.

Also, I've been eating alot more... but that doesnt have anything to do with testosterone. Just replacing all of the calories I burn.

I don't know what to do.

I doubt holding back from sex/masturbating will have THAT profound of an effect, but hey... I'm obviously willing to try anything to keep my skin clear.

ok whatever. Acne is going from Mild to Moderate.

Throwing in the towel...

Going back on the acne.org regimen.

Its been fun guys, maybe I'll try this again next summer.

jwebb I dont know what to say. Im sure your about 21 years old, not 100% though. Do not make the same mistakes I did. Im 24 in July, I should have been clear years ago, but kept pilling topicals on my skin. You have done several mistakes on this regimen. It definately wouldnt work for anyone if they did the caveman regimen the same way as you did. You should have advantages over me as Im a builder and I get in cement dust, old roof dust, grinder dust (list goes on) daily.

You used electric shaver , Ive used it once while on the regimen and I knew before starting = pimples, so i know use either the beard trimmer or hair cutters (shortest) works a treat.

You then start going on protein drinks, Im not sure the ingredients but as you said your more sexual active, and trust me Ive done some clamping (down below, not sayin im small down there just love to improve the condition) as my penis was getting bigger i got a breakout for around a month (not huge but I knew my sexual levels were higher!So I stopped, I keep my diet simple and like to know whats in everything new I eat.

On this caveman regimen your skin repairs, therefore new thin skin form and it takes time to mature but you then threw acid on it (chin) what do you think would happen, its like putting acid on a baby skin = acne or rash result.

Another mistake you made was to scrape the dead skin off too quickly, it should fall off on its own, I admit I made the same mistake and def had a breakout

If you didnt do these mistakes I would say there would be a huge improvement. I recently have started taking zinc Gluconate (10mg morning and 10mg evening before bed) I have been reading posts and Taurine is suppose to be very effective, so yesterday I had 2 red bulls and Im sure it helped with the zinc of course. Ive orgered Taurine supplements and also b complex vitmains. Reason Im starting 2-3 supplements is because I had around 4-6 small lingering spots (cant call them pimples as they are small) they were always there and sometimes going and new one's arriving. So must have been vitmain deficiency. I have also got white marks on my nails so thats a lack of zinc, hence why I started zinc also.

This info for you has taken me a while to write and I just want to help, I work 15 hour days, but wana help others. If you start topicals, your just delaying everything again as you will have to face the caveman regimen sometime in the future unless you want to keep doing it when you have kids, that would be embarrassing. Its now been 5 months for me and 95% clear but some red marks, like I said it doesnt happen over night, and I promise you, you definately go through depressing moods. I hope before christmas I will be fully healed, but in 4 weeks time Im off on a clubbing holiday which I will have to put suncream on my face daily, and that would be the first chemical I have put on my face since January 10th (thats not including what happens in work for example, cement and lime dust, wall paste splashing on me, filler etc)

Anyway thats my experience, I recently had an outbreak (last week, but healed now) reason i had the outbreak I washed my face 3 days in a row (onoly using water with my hands lightly massaging ) I still have patches of dead skin mask until this day. Its not 8 days since I touched water on my face last,I am going to try and do 25 more days just do give my face that extra opportunity to repair, then a quick wash 3- 4 days before holidays. ( I will not wash a day before holidays, as with the pressure of being in a plane, and different humidity in greece (40) I do not want a break out (acid mantle does weaken like hell even after 5 months.

Anyway its one long cycle, do write back everyone and you jwebb mate, We are all here to post our experiences and help as much as we can.

Cheers

Mat

Mat, thanks for your post. Your info is always very helpful.

A couple things, I'm 19 years old and I think my acne is still hormone caused. Which is why I think my skin isn't quite ready to outgrow acne.

It pains me to think that my face will be exposed to all those rough chemicals, but its worked in the past so I'm on the fence.

The caveman regimen is so unique, and I can see it has helped many people move past the acne stage of their lives.

Another couple reasons why I'm really undecided on what to do about my acne are:

• At the age of 15 I developed acne while not washing my face.
  • the caveman regimen is the best way to become free from topicals
  • I'm not so sure that I'm done getting hormonal acne.
  • My brother outgrew his acne around the age of 19-20.
  • I enjoy waking up in the morning and not having to smear tons of crap on my face.
  • I want clear skin quickly.

I guess these are just all over the place, with no rhyme or reason.

Anyway, I'm going to take a few days and really plan out my next move. A big problem with my acne battle is that I make hasty decisions.

JWEBB If the acne is still hormonal, I would definately first off all stop the protein drinks and stop eating everything that aggrevates acne. Continue with the caveman regimen, and get your skin healed, even if you still get acne, its better to get it with a nice skin tone than bright red skin. Can't you spare say maybe a few months to a year of your life and live with your acne? But think then when your hormones will die down youl get clear and not break out through diet (which many do as they have weak skin , hence bp destroying the skin's barrier and leaving toxicity to come through and resulting in acne)

Thats my mistake chucking crap on my face all the time = hormonal acne gone but diet acne kicking in = flare ups after a drinking session! Think of a big dam with 10foot wide wall holding the water in (normal skin) and then think of a dam with a 1foot wide wall, yes I think yuo get what I mean.

Ive been in your shoes, your getting it bad now as you got damaged skin, so hormonal and diet gives you acne, especialy maybe some of the ingredients in your protein shakes. Throw those damn things in the bin, always know what you eat from now on.

Do the caveman regimen, as your a chef (think I read it somewhere) your lucky you dont get mud stuck to your dead skin mask (like I do) go for as long as you possibly can without even water, even if it makes you grow a moustache (ive been there) You will get a good skin mask but it will eventualy start peeling off your face slowly, usually starting from around your nose, the skin mask will come of when its ready. I think you have the ability to go 2 months without caring of what people think (the future is bright mate)

Whatever you do do not use the electric shaver, just use the trimmer, not harsh at all, and girls do like a little stubble. Take 15-20mg of zinc gluconate a day. Take a b complex vitmain every day also. drink 2-3 cans of red bull a day for a good few days as it has the vitamin Taurine which has huge benefits (search it in the posts- Livig think thats her name is an expert many have become clear) If you see a good difference in your skin with these red bulls , definately buy Taurine vitamin supplements.

Ive said everything I have in my head, JUST DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I HAVE, imagine yourself getting in my shoes, yes im 24 next month so thats 5 years and counting of more skin acne related problems. I would be chuffed to roll back to 19, and wouldnt give a damn if I had hormonal acne until 21 , then acne free and live my fucking life!!!!

Mat

Theres a lot of wisdom in what you have to say.

I think I really just need to stop being a pussy and just live with it. Next time I start getting all frustrated and emotional on these boards, just tell me to "man-up".

Seriously I complain way to much.

Going to start taking a B-complex with zinc when I wake up every morning. As far as Taurine I am ordering some at the moment. I am a huge fan of pill popping. I just don't want to drink red bulls. Too much unwanted sugar...

I want to you stick around and check up on my progress every week or so Mat. Just keep me from slipping back to topicals.

No probs jwebb il b on as much as i can. I would say it wud take a good few weeks for your hormones to calm down after the protein shakes that raised your testosterone levels, so make sure you dont take anything out of usual. Do not use the electric shaver as I said just trim if you have to. I would think it would take a month for these 2 things to kick in and get things back to mild.

With the zinc do not run into it I would start with 10mg for a few days then 15-20mg daily (maximum) Take a b complex daily (once) Taurine I am not 100% sure how much your allowed. I would start on 1000mg, take 1 straight after your breakfast and then 1 straight after your supper. Try those values for a good month adn see what happens, do not exceed the amount or you will just confuse yourself, your body and remmeber less is MORE

No probs jwebb il b on as much as i can. I would say it wud take a good few weeks for your hormones to calm down after the protein shakes that raised your testosterone levels, so make sure you dont take anything out of usual. Do not use the electric shaver as I said just trim if you have to. I would think it would take a month for these 2 things to kick in and get things back to mild.

With the zinc do not run into it I would start with 10mg for a few days then 15-20mg daily (maximum) Take a b complex daily. Taurine I am not 100% sure how much your allowed(read on the forum between 1.5g-6g). I would start/I am going to start (when they arrive-ive just ordered some also!) on 1000mg, take 1 straight after your breakfast and then 1 straight after your supper. Try those values for a good month and see what happens, do not exceed the amount or you will just confuse yourself, your body and remember less is MORE.

I would drink filtered water personaly. I would wash your face now if you have put any chemicals and topicals on, and forget about water touching your face for ages!!! Lets just concentrate on getting your skin back to mild for the next month and take it step by step. I sometimes find doing weights and sit upps aggrevates my acne so I do not do any, only lift in work so bear in mind if your body building it could increase testosterone and create problems. Its not going to happen over night, so patience and take 1 day at a time and lets enjoy life, always far worse people out there with serious illnesses (my mother's words)

Have a few days to think/write down ideas for yourself and get into the habit of drinking pure water, taking your proper vitamin dose. Personaly I would throw the acid cider vinegar away. Remmeber now we want to get back to natural skin, so in the long run (maybe a year or less ) we will take smaller doses of supplements, the beauty of clear skin is ahead in the future man, keep it up, Go have a mad day tommorrow and live it up to the max and start properly on Sunday or Monday.

Cheers

Mat

Gave my skin a rinse because I did apply a little bit of BP yesterday morning.

With that being said, This is day 0 of my new caveman regimen.

I find it funny how many times I've restarted this regimen, but each time I do it... I think I'm doing it more effectively than the time before it.

Today is Saturday June 20th, I'm not going to even consider letting water touch my face until August 8th (hopefully later). Let the healing begin.

i havent let water touch my face for 39 days. then i showered and used a baby brush to get rid of some of the dead skin mask. only some parts of the dead skin peeled off but not the whole mask (some parts not fully healed i guess). but the parts where it did come off, i can see new skin and its not red at all, whereas before it would have been. im seeing progress, but its taking a long ass time. i have to say that going 39 full days without water helped the skin heal. now back to not caring about my face again.

mat, are you in the same situation as me? are you still getting the dead skin mask as well? as far as taking zinc and whatnot, im not going to do that at all, i dont want to have to depend on pills to heal. i rather just let it heal naturally.

jwebb well done mate good luck and stay strong

random I am taking zinc for my whole body if Im honest, as Im lacking of zinc(white marks on nails) I guess its beneficial to take zinc for many reasons, and will keep on taking mthem even if i didnt have acne. With drinking red bulls and I am going to take Taurine, and b complex supplements is hopefuly a temporary situation, not 100% sure yet as Taurine has major benefits within the entire body, and I might keep on with it anyway after getting clear.

Yes I have dead skin mask which is best untouched, its not severe, the sun has helped a little though, not going to wash for another 3 weeks again (currently on day 11) 3 weeks on Friday I will be going on holidays and drinking 20 + pints a day and applying factor 30 sun cream on my face so wish me luck!!!

keep up the good work guys.

The vit B-complex gives me so much extra energy that I've continued to work out. If my face doesn't calm down in the next two weeks, then I'll cut out weight lifting.

The B-complex also makes my urine bright yellow, which normally it is very clear because of how much water I drink. The cause of this is too much Vitamin B2 in the pill. not to worry tho, its water soluble, so my body will just take what it can use then flush the rest. (By the way Mat, I've been drinking filtered water for over a year).

Face is still breaking out frequently. Hoping the Taurine will get here tomorrow, because I'm excited to supplement it.

Peace

jWebb

The vit B-complex gives me so much extra energy that I've continued to work out. If my face doesn't calm down in the next two weeks, then I'll cut out weight lifting.

The B-complex also makes my urine bright yellow, which normally it is very clear because of how much water I drink. The cause of this is too much Vitamin B2 in the pill. not to worry tho, its water soluble, so my body will just take what it can use then flush the rest. (By the way Mat, I've been drinking filtered water for over a year).

Face is still breaking out frequently. Hoping the Taurine will get here tomorrow, because I'm excited to supplement it.

Peace

jWebb

Jwebb i must warn you about the b complex...some people (like me) have had major breakouts about a week after using b complex due to some sort of allergy, i just want to warn you if it happens it is the b-complex's fault, and not the gym. I hope you don't quit lifting man ive been tempted but the complements have got my self esteem up so much in spite of my acne problem. But about the b complex im not sure because redbulls always seemed to help my acne, so im not sure which one of the b vitamins that bothered me but it defanately wasnt one in the redbulls.

jwebb why dont you try an organic ph balanced cleansing bar that contains no harsh ingrediants and all that crap you find in most cleansers... the one im using keeps your acid mantle the way it should be and cleanses your face without drying it or making you oiily... Its called natures beauty cleansing bar... Not washing your face for such a long period of time really wouldnt do anybody any good....

Good to hear from ya Dan. I really don't think the b-complex is going to be problematic. I took one everyday when I was megadosing B5... Back then my face was mostly clear, but I would get 1-2 large pimples a week.

Your also really right about the confidence boost from weight lifting. It feels great to be ripped, but I would give it up in a heartbeat if I could have clear skin. I won't stop weight lifting unless im 100% sure that its aggravating my acne.

Prettyboy - That cleanser sounds great, I've never heard of a cleanser with a pH of 4.5

After This no wash period, I really think I'm going to order one.

Natural Beauty Cleansing Bar

If you are going to invest in a soap jwebb I would leave it for adleast a year. Me myself I am not going to use anything other that filtered water and fingertips when I have to. I 100% sure that weight lifting does have a role in aggrevating acne, I myself have stopped, although i have a beach holiday coming up I prefer clear skin! Jwebb try a sugar free red bull or even the normal ones, I stopped all cakes and all chocolate for last week as the red bulls give me the sugar (2 a day) From today onwards its only going to be 1 red bull.

Mat

yeah dude its a good cleansing bar.... If you see your acne getting agravettated by the weightlifting it could be because your testosorone levels are rising to support the new added muscle your gaining but it should all go away once your body gets acustomed to it... Thats not to say that your gana start breaking out because of it but if you do at least you will know why...

Got the Taurine in the mail today. 500mg per capsule. Right before I ate lunch I popped one, but I think it may be more effective if I take it 10 min or so before the meal, so my stomach acids dissolve the outer capsule before food gets in there.

Dan, I you tried Taurine right? What was the most effective way of taking it for you?

Anyways, about the acne... Its not quite moderate right now, but not what I like to consider mild either. Lots of pustules on my cheeks and chin, forehead has 3 medium sized red bumps, they might be papules... im no doctor tho... Definitely not as bad as 5 days ago when I was bitching.

Got the Taurine in the mail today. 500mg per capsule. Right before I ate lunch I popped one, but I think it may be more effective if I take it 10 min or so before the meal, so my stomach acids dissolve the outer capsule before food gets in there.

Dan, I you tried Taurine right? What was the most effective way of taking it for you?

Anyways, about the acne... Its not quite moderate right now, but not what I like to consider mild either. Lots of pustules on my cheeks and chin, forehead has 3 medium sized red bumps, they might be papules... im no doctor tho... Definitely not as bad as 5 days ago when I was bitching.

Hmm i do not recall very well, im almost certain i took 1 gram when i woke up after breakfast, and then one more gram before dinner. I am still clueless about the digestive science of supplements though.

What was the most effective way of taking it for you?

I am no expert but I do know a thing or two about supps. Taurine should be taken on a empty stomach about one hour before or after eating for better asorbtion(i.e. just like lysine,ATP,and many other supps ect...). Why this is or it's specific action I do not know, this is just some of the many things I have consulted dietitions, herbalists, and others about.

BTW I have kept up with your log and I will stay tuned. Don't give up on it! Good luck!

Taurine can be taken with meals. Your stomach will absorb as much taurine as it wants with a meal or before a meal, so I definately take it with a meal, to avoid any risk of stomach cramps/aggrevation.