Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwebb426

Not Washing My Face 14 Day Log

Yea, ive given apple cider vinegar a few weeks now and my face is steadily getting worse. There are tons of small slightly inflamed pimples and I'm getting a fair share of medium sized ones. Sort of frustrated right now, and I'm considering accutane, nothing else has seemed to have a lasting effect.

Anybody have a new regimen for me to try?

Yea, ive given apple cider vinegar a few weeks now and my face is steadily getting worse. There are tons of small slightly inflamed pimples and I'm getting a fair share of medium sized ones. Sort of frustrated right now, and I'm considering accutane, nothing else has seemed to have a lasting effect.

Anybody have a new regimen for me to try?

ugghh jwebb i understand your frustration. I threw in the towel on my diet because i was underweight and people were commenting, So this week i ate whatever the fhk i wanted, took none of my supplaments, took whey protein, and ehh i dont look good at all. I just asked my mom to make me a derm appountment. If the derm suggests accutane ill take it but im sure my face will be miraculously clear on that day...so ill just get an antibiotic like doxy, after a month probly go back on the DKR (had severe breakouts before with it, hopeing antibiotic will stop this, was probably an inital breakout but went on for weeks). Good luck i need it too lol..

aw you guys are quitting the no washing? i thought it was working well for you daxxx

nah i dont remember the last time i washed my face, if i was washing though, i guarentee it would be 10x worse, because pimples heal soo much faster and arent as visible. That isnt the only thing i need though to be clear.

Im still 100% supportive of the caveman regimen, i just have gluten/dairy issues.

Good luck Dan. My derm appointment is for next week monday, but due to the fact that i only have lots of small pimples, i doubt i will get accutane.

They will probably try to put me on Doxy again... which sucked; it really tore up my digestive system last time.

Or they will try to give me topical clindamiacin, which also doesnt do jack shit.

If i complain about all the treatments I've been through, maybe ill get accutane... I really just want to get my skin taken care of so I can focus on my life.

My acne is clearing up again... Days before my derm appointment... so maybe I'll cancel it lol. I just plain and simple don't understand my face.

What are the natural preservatives used to preserve food?

Answer : drying, salt, sugar, acid...

I used to walk a lot during college time.. from my hostel to college is about 1km away

When I reached my college, I sweated. I had been having a clear skin until I entered university.

My face broke out easily since I no longer exercise and I drove to university...

It seems that the sweat and oil contribute to something i guess it is the salt that used to preserve food? our sweat consist of several minerals and salt.. salt can kill germs

Perhaps we need to preserve our skin by using natural preservative. I tried apply salt all over my face at night and to my horror, my blemishes become very RED but luckily I did it before I sleep. The next morning, My face's condition is better than yesterday... the redness faded. I am currently not washing my face but apply salt all over my face every night before sleep for a week.

Wish me luck..

Jwebb i would be on the safe side and go, just to have ur scripts but u dont gotta get em filled. i got another 2 weeks til my appointment :/ But im clear again. Isnt that weird? like one week clear, one week BAD every other week. Wacked out hormones or something who knows.

1st week:

some small breakouts around my jaw line. No diet restriction (spicy food, burger, fried chicken)

the small and tiny pimples are less noticeable because concealed by the leftover salt powder after it dried.

seem like white powder makeup..lol

definitely dry and flaky, bit saltish around my lips.

The second time I apply the salt water all over my face at night before bed doesn't leave my blemish red compare to the first time I apply it...no idea why

dissolve sea salt in boiling water in a bowl and apply it when warm...

left hand to hold the bowl, place it on forehead and let the sea salt water runs down slowly and use right hand to rub all over the face... after that get the towel on my shoulder to wipe off the salt water on my closed eyes.. no rinse off.

I apply once every morning without rinse the second day.

didnt wash my face for whole week

am continuing for the next week onward.

Good luck David what your doing sounds quite experimental.. which is what we need more of.

I conformed to going back to my dermatologist, and she was astonished that my cystic acne didn't return after not washing my face for so long.

So she recommended that i take a prescription for clindomiacin, but i rejected it.

then she asked if i wanted to go back on Differin or retin-a micro.

All those topical gave me problems, which she was well aware of. Then she suggested this New in the US topical called

Aczone(dapsone 5%)

I've never heard of it, and i cant figure out what exactly it does.

On the Aczone website it says:

"Although scientists do not know how dapsone works, they believe ACZONE® Gel reduces angry, inflamed acne without causing a lot of irritation."

--sounds to me like they are trying to explain it to a 12 year old. Disappointed that there is so little information about the drug, because I really enjoy researching these things out before i start taking them.

Oh well now I've been going off on a rant, my derm told me if this one doesn't work we may consider accutane. So theres my motivation to try it right there:

Here goes... lets see how far a pea sized amount goes.

Good luck to you too...

This saltish method is not working since I still occasionally breakout... guess no matter how clean and havent rinse off the salt water applied every morning till now and assume I am already protected from germs on my outer layer of skin still breakout....

I am thinking of applying hydrogen peroxide on my face no rinse off since it pumps my face with oxygen... I get the idea from benzoyle peroxide pumps oxygen on the acne spot to kill acne germ the same goes with hydrogen peroxide...I guess my face lack of oxygen so contribute to germ growth from inside...

So far I didnt get face burn or redness after applied hydrogen peroxide 3%(which is a liquid solution and dont use concentration higher than 3% coz not pH friendly to skin) compare to benzoyle peroxide 2.5% gel type after applied the whole face. Hydrogen peroxide is used to clean the wound which can be found in any clinics. I get to know this when I had an accident and sent to clinics for wound cleansing and stitching. Hydrogen peroxide solution can also be found in any pharmacies.. It is not harmful and very common in cleansing by doctors.

I will post the result after 1 week applying hydrogen peroxide twice a day.

I've got to congradulate all of you for trying the no-washing route. At the same time, I find it completely ironic that this is a "method". I am an "old lady" now (38). For most of my life, I have never washed my face with anything but water. In the last few years, I would sometimes wipe off my skin with Witchazel on a cotton pad. My skin was perfect as a teen, broke out once in a while as an adult, but had become steadily breaking out in the last couple of years. I have only started cleaning my face on purpose with cleansers in the last year. I am 100% completely positive that not washing my face would help not the slightest bit for clearing my acne. The problem is obviously systemic. Here I have been thinking that I should have started making more of an effort years earlier! So, at least for myself, washing my face only with water (and usually that was just when I showered, not on purpose any other time) did not improve my skin. My skin has been worsening over the years without respect to my gentle non-routine cleansing.

Day 5 of Aczone

I'm starting to think this topical is overrated. I'm developing a cyst on my chin, for the first time since I was on the DKR. If the initial breakout of these med forms cysts, then I should just throw it in the F***ing trash. Anyway I'm going to give this topical 5 weeks, and if I don't see improvement then I'll stop it.

David... Be careful with hydrogen peroxide, Ive seen posts that overusing it can be damaging to your skin. Better do a search about it.

jwebb426 I have been doing the Caveman regimen for nearly 4 months and I have been through loadsa different stages with small breakouts, but I can say its actualy brilliant at the moment. Getting clearer every day. Hardly any new breakout (90% less than before). I believe my skin is still in its repairing mode so I do not get annoyed if I see a new spot every 7-10days.

Youve done a huge mistake going back on topicals, why damage your skin even more, your acne is never going to stop, as with topicals your skin is always going to be damaged, and say the topical does work your always going to look red (I have used loads of different topicals and I looked like a beetroot!) and I tell you know your life is going to always involve your skin, as you will be putting that topical on every day and concentrate on your skin all the time. With topicals its a lifetime commitment as you will not grow out of your acne.

I have had 11 years experience of acne and its all the same with topicals, vitamins, supplements(b5) etc you always get acne, and need to repair your skin naturally the caveman way, and no vitamins or anything (I found vitamins and minerals gives you worse breakouts after drinking etc as it pulls the bad more intensely therefore through the skin)

Ive read some of your posts and it says your a cook and you get steam/grease on your face through work, I wouldnt worry at all Id say it would help the face heal, especialy oil just leave the grease,sweat oil or whatever dry on your face. Im a builder and work in very dusty conditions, like cement dust, grinder dust, I just ignore it all and leave it on my skin. The more I worry about whats on my skin, the more I can feel my skin, less I worry I feel fresher.

I hope you wont take any offence in this post, just seen the light and wana help others and got to say if you do go back to this caveman regimen dont expect huge changes quickly, go for adleast 35 days with no washing at all. To shave use an electric shaver and use the side bearn trimmer, it wouldnt be harsh at all for your skin. I actualy did 35 days in a row without doing anything at all even shaving(thats how I realy want good skin) and its worked, going to leave it for another 14 days now before water again to make sure. Before the 35 days the most days I made without water was 18 days and it wasnt half enough (I had a break out afterwards) Might have been as I was using bottled water , Ive changed to filtered water now, for drinking and washing face. MIght sound silly but I havent washed my hair since January 10th, its looking brilliant and healthy and much thicker (Lol) Best way to avoid water guys is to have a bath and use a mirror as you wash just under neck (I dodged my kneck aswel you see)

Cheers

Mat

btw forgot to say I only washed my face with filtered water on its own after 35 days, and scraped the dead skin with my figner nails and used flannel very gently

Cheers

Mat

carmarthenshire the dead skin mask gets stuck to my face and its hard to scrape it with my fingernails. and after i scrape it off, my face is red again.. any tips?

when i leave my dead skin on, my face is not red because it covers it. but after like 3 weeks, my face gets real messy because of the dead skin mask buildup

so now im going to wash it with water every 2-3 days and scrape it once a week

i scraped twice already. once on day 21 and second time 18 days later

so you scraped off the mask after 35 days? was your face red at all? wasnt the dead skin stuck to your skin and hard to scrape off?

would you say its bad to put fresh aloe vera on? its calms the redness

Mat,

Let me just say, you've inspired me. Back on the caveman regimen starting tomorrow!!

I almost depressed myself going back on topicals because i felt myself falling back into that cycle. My skin always clears up during the summer due to the fact that I'm running/biking/swimming/playing sports nearly every day. So why would I go on a topical right before summer starts? You've opened my eyes brother, wish me luck as I resume what I never should have quit.

-Josh

wow. your face looks really good. But your face was not that bad before. How long have you had breakouts? And your really not washing your face or taking any acne medications? I really want to do that because everyone is saying that is the best way. TO LEAVE the face ALONE but i I wear makeup to work so I can cover my cheeks.

Jwebb i put alot of thought into you getting cysts right after starting another topical, that is just ridiculous that that should happen.. So i don't think ill be going back on the dkr, mainly because i dont feel like spending money on acne products. I started taking chromium 2 weeks ago a week later started having much less breakouts, so if the results are conistant ill let you know after more time. I think ill stick to the caveman but much more strict now.

Random I know mate the dead skin mask is a b**** to get off. I had a huge mask pretty much all over my face, and yes it looked dirty, even my boss said your skin looks awful, I just laughed it off and said its just dead skin. I had a bet with 1 of the guys in work that I wouldnt shave for 35 days (I thought as Im going to leave my beard anyway lets have an excuse to everyone else, so the excuse was the bet, and had 2 pints coming my way, as I knew id win the bet as I was determined!!)

It took me about 35minutes to trim my beard off on day 35 (I use my sideburn trimmer, and nothing else, no irritation for the skin whatsoeva) After the beard was off I had a huge job on my hands of getting rid of this dead skin mask. I started using the side burn trimmer on it and it was only working on 10% of it and just made it looked flaked. I then jumped in my car (dont try this!) I drove very fast and put my face out of the window (dont want to say the speed as if some1 sees this and it could get me into trouble!, lets just say I got a 1.8 litre Mg and its 160bhp, top speed little over 125mph) After thge ride in the car I got rid around a total of 30% of my dead skin but still looked like brown coloured dirt. I then boiled some filtered water in keetle took some up in a bowl(with 2 litres of filtered water, I only drink filtered water also).

I put a warm flannel on my whole face from my nose down(im giving my forehead another month with no water as I still get little breakouts there) After flannel, I used my fingers and massaged the warm filtered water on my face slowly and gently, I then used my nail (I actualy left 1 to grow for 2 weeks specialy for this job) to scrape the dead skin off slowly. After most was off I used a flannel and wiped my whole face downwards, and the whole mask was off. Yes I had a little rash which took around 3 days to clear and my face has been red for around a week, but fades slowly everyday. Im currently on day 9 again now without water at all (drink around 3 litres of filtered water a day) I am thinking of washing again with water on day 14 and perhaps my forehead as I need to cut my hair again. I do a little maintenace daily of using tweezers on a little dead skin which Im getting back slowly but not half as bad as before. I never touched or used anything at ALL on my face for a whole 35 days, just remember 14 days is not enough at all, you have to give it adleast 35 days in my opinion, and maybe some parts like my forehead extra days again.

The mistake I made in the beginning was to take multi vitamin tablets, zinc, cod liver oil and omega 3. When I was taking these seems I kept getting breakouts and I wasn tgetting the dead skin mask properly. So my tips are do not take any supplments at all, just try and eat healthy, drink orange and grape juice, eat an apple,banana etc and vegetables (which I dont realy like much!!!!

I wouldnt wash it every 2-3 days as It would definately create more dead skin build up again. Just try your best to go adleast 35 days straight out without ANYTHING, no shower water or anything. It will be once in your life you do this if you do it correctly, at this moment my skin has about 90 percent less flakes than I had on day 35 now, and thats 9 days after scraping it off with water, and I havent used water since 9 days ago.

No do not put anything at all on your face (including aloe vera) Let your skin heal. Forget about your skin, try getting in the habit of getting up in the morning and dont look in the mirror, try and be stress free and enjoy life.

jwebb426 I am glad you have seen the light mate. Read the above post thats my whole honest experience. You need to think positive, as it does take time. Your skin might show huge improvements then you would get a new spot forming, and your mind can play tricks and it would make you feel down, but you need to focus on the way your skin was, and think Id have 3 new spots forming now, this is only 1, and focus the quality of your skin, the way its very slowly getting its natural colour back (my skin was extremely red before the regimen and my face is getting closer to the same colour than rest of my body everyday now. Thanks for reading my reply mate.

daxxx Im not judging you or telling you what to do, but I would stop using chromium. Cure for acne is to gain your acid mantle(skin defences) If you take chromium and do this caveman regimen and all of sudden get horrific breakouts you will not know what caused it and that might make you go back on topicals. As I said earlier in this reply, my skin was not healing properly when takin vitamins and minerals etc, I dread to think what this chromium is doing to you. I actualy think that the chromium is a waste of time and would delay your caveman regimen and take a whole lot longer to repair your skin. Thats my views but dont take any offence we are all in this together and theres no right or wrong in my book, as every skin is different, please let me know how you go along.

This has taken me 30mins to write sorry to keep going on, just want to help everyone out, as I think wapak is not returning due to clear skin, Im always on the internet for work and want to help others.

Cheers Mat

thx for the input mat

your right, im not going to put anything on my face including aloe vera. i dont take supplements so i dont have to worry about that, although sometimes i take whole flax seeds mixed in a drink for the omega 3.

im still unsure if i should just leave it alone because the longer i have the dead skin on, the more stuck to my face it is and harder it is to get off, which means more irritation. i was thinking about scraping once a week (recommended by adam08 and wapak) because its more softer and easier to get off in the early stages of the mask, which may mean less irritation.

well, ill try scraping once a week while you go dayssss without scraping and we'll see which works better. like you, my face was red most of the time before going on this regimen, and ill never use cleansers, topicals again. good luck on your progress and ill update here as well

i also feel that the skin will be slower to heal if its piled with all that dead skin

EDIT: i just realized i can scrape off the dead skin without wetting my face by using the trimmer side of the razor (suggested by ratsoff). so now im back to no washing. and im going to scrape off the mask maybe once a week or when it gets messy with the trimmer.

Hey everyone, its been about 2 days since I washed my face.

I shower every night before going to sleep, and i rinse the back of my hair, to keep the oil of my pillow... Thats about as close water is getting to my face.

Malikaah,

My skin was moderate/severe a year ago with cystic acne and such, and ever since then ive been jumping from topical to topical keeping the acne at just mild. Then I went on the DKR and it really cleared me up... but my nose was so awfully red. It really bothered me... Moreso than acne, I was starting up the caveman regimen the first time so i would be Rudolph anymore.

Random how long have you been on the caveman reg?

Dan I'm going to agree with Mat and say you should come back to the caveman reg... I think we should all give it a lengthier shot.

Mat will it really hinder my progress if i shower? Its a minimal amount of steam thats reaching my face...

~Josh

hey josh, the reason the why the first time might have not been so successful is because you just came off using topicals and cleansers. the face needs time to adjust so it will get worse before it gets better, as it is facing "topical" withdrawal. so dont give up after a couple weeks.

im not sure exactly what day im on but i think im on day 40ish (but i have used aloe vera like 4-5 times in between). now im not going to put ANYTHING on my face.

good luck

random The dead skin mask is all good, skin heals very well underneath it. Skin underneath the dead skin is new, sensitive and weak, so I would honestly try leaving the face mask on for way over a week (if you need to grow a beard go for it, no1 will know of your skin mask) Scraping the dead skin off could result in breakouts as the new sensitive, red skin underneath has not gained its full skin defences so could be open to bacteria etc.

jwebb dont worry at all about the oil its all good. Our natural oil is an essential. No the steam should be ok as long as water does not touch your face.

Anyway guys its work time

Mat