Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desperate313

I need your help

If you have had any cysts that occurred after using this mineral makeup please contact me. My life has become a nightmare since using this makeup. I am facing my 3rd surgery and didn't have 1 cyst until using. I am desperate to hear from anyone that can testify that this mineral makeup caused cysts under the skin and needed surgery. Please contact me.

Moved to cosmetics and style; you'll get more replies in that forum.

Welcome to the boards. By the way, this site is not about finding people who'll join in on a lawsuit. This site is about exchanging information and assistance to fellow sufferers. You will find lots of information about problematic cosmetics in the cosmetics and style forum; each individual can and does react differently to cosmetics and even drugs.

By surgery, do you mean incision and drainage? The cysts you had must have been pretty severe if the dermatologist decided to incise and drain them. The incision and drainage can leave scars sometimes. I'd suggest you get a second opinion, too.

I think thats just a coincidence. Mineral make up doesnt CAUSE acne. The main causes of acne are genetics, hormonal imbalances, food intolerance and food allergies, weather changes, etc. In fact, mineral make up is better for the skin than liquid foundation for sure. If you are predisposed to acne, it wont matter what you do, youll still get acne.

Mineral makeup can cause acne if the particular ingredients do not agree with a person's skin.

I'm sorry to hear about your cysts. I used Sheer Cover a few years ago when it was very popular and I broke out pretty bad from it. I didn't get any cysts, but got lots of ugly pimples and whiteheads. Looking back, I'm not sure if it was actually the makeup that was causing my acne, or something else. I was also eating tons of dairy and used harsh skincare products along with this makeup. But the coverage wasn't all that great.

I don't remember what the ingredients were in this makeup, but if you think it's causing cysts, then stay away! Try Everyday Minerals or Afterglow. I'm currently using Afterglow and it doesn't cause me to break out. I'm going to try Everyday Minerals soon because lots of people love it.

The situation was that I had to have 2 surgeries so far another 1 today in about a hour I leave for it. I never had any cysts whatsoever and had mild acne on my face. If you go to WebMD it talks about bismuth oxychloride causing cysts is not natural ingredient as claimed also mica which gives shine from mineral makeup causing very enlarged pores and cysts see for yourself. My light has been a nightmare since using mineral makeup. It gets down into your pores even after washing your face it is deep in your pores. I do believe allergy is possible but after 1st surgery which I thought was just a fluke that I got this huge cyst that turned into an abcess I went back to using Sheer Cover again afetr my skin healed thinking it was best for my skin, harmless, then I developed another cyst that became and abcess and I am still battling more cysts. People smoke and some get cancer and some don't ,does that mean that they still arent bad for your health? I am just looking for others out there they may have had the same thing happen to them. You know how acne can kill your self esteem, imagine scars all over your face from surgeries. I had NEVER ever had a cyst before and my surgeon said I didnt have the skin issues that make cysts happen. Please don't think for one minute that it is not about the money to be made and our health comes first when it comes to things that sell. If that were the case people woudn't be dying of heart disease from bad food that is cheap and tastes good. I will continue to look for others that may have had same experience.