Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meganluvsburdies

how to feel attractive with acne

most sufferers think that acne automatically makes you ugly... which is absolutely not true! it all depends on how you feel about yourself. there are some things you can do to still feel attractive with acne :)

1. have good posture

you can always tell someone is confident by the way they walk. hold your shoulders back, but keep them relaxed. usually people tense up if they're uncomfortable. a sloucher is never attractive.

2. smile!

smiling shows that you're not afraid to show how you feel! and it makes you look prettier... it makes other people happy to see you happy.

3. dress well

you don't necessarily have to wear what's in style, just wear what you like. wear it confidently. i dress kind of cooky, but i can pull it off because i'm confident. wear stuff that fits you well, and colors that look good on you.

4. take care of yourself

take one day out of the week to take a bubble bath, paint your nails, use a face mask, whatever you like to do to pamper yourself. the first step to loving yourself is loving your body :)

the bottom line is... love yourself, love the way you look. you dont need to change for anyone! there's only one of you, embrace it. time wishing is time wasted...

Oooo I :wub: positive thinking. Its so sexy! Thank you Megan, I think you're super awesome!

Very true post. Basically, act/look confident, even if you don't feel it. :)

Psychologically speaking, "shy" people are often perceived by peers, as being unfriendly. If you try and strike up convo with some kid sitting next to you in class, and he/she only responds with one word answers and doesn't even look in your direction, let alone smile - will you want to talk to that person again? Probably not.

the bottom line is... love yourself, love the way you look. you dont need to change for anyone! there's only one of you, embrace it. time wishing is time wasted...

Attractive to whom? Yourself. Yes, all of those things you should be doing regardless. Everyone is worth it to themselves.

Others? Reality is dating, seeking acceptance from people, in this society, high emphasis is placed on appearance. If you don't look good. You get the cold shoulder more often than not.

The human brain is wired to desire acceptance from both ourselves and others, without both being fulfilled, the soul hurts.

While you can change your own self opinion, you can only at best, influence to some degree on others. If they decide to change their impression of you, that is left up to them.

SOS

thank you SOOO much for this!

i really needed it...

acne has caused so many confidence issues...but i have the power to change that!

:)

Psychologically speaking, "shy" people are often perceived by peers, as being unfriendly. If you try and strike up convo with some kid sitting next to you in class, and he/she only responds with one word answers and doesn't even look in your direction, let alone smile - will you want to talk to that person again? Probably not.

Yes our body language can strongly influence how were are perceived by others. There will be some people who judge us quickly, but most will be willing to speak to a person who smiles and is friendly.

Too much emphasis is placed on looks in our society, what ever happened to praising intelligence and creativity? Seems like all people are judged on these days are their looks.

Too much emphasis is placed on looks in our society, what ever happened to praising intelligence and creativity? Seems like all people are judged on these days are their looks.

Its a real shame but its true. People are all too quick to judge at face value (pardon the pun)

Its only if you allow yourself to get to know someone that you discover their intelligence and creativity... Some of us find that the way we look determines how much people actually want to get to know us but lets face it, its the shallow bastards out there that are missing out, not us :)

And the jokes on them, one day they will lose their looks and be just another face in the crowd, whereas I have been relatively ugly my entire life, I have nothing to lose :D

I agree with this completely. I may have acne, but many of my male friends have asked me out on dates and continue to because I don't ACT like I have acne. I have never let acne stand in the way of me being myself, regardless of how I look physically.

None of my male friends (or even female) have ever cared if I have acne, don't have acne, wear makeup or don't wear makeup. Whether that's because they are simply the best friends I could ever ask for, I don't know; or maybe it's because they think if I don't care about my acne, why should they? :)

most sufferers think that acne automatically makes you ugly... which is absolutely not true! it all depends on how you feel about yourself. there are some things you can do to still feel attractive with acne :)

1. have good posture

you can always tell someone is confident by the way they walk. hold your shoulders back, but keep them relaxed. usually people tense up if they're uncomfortable. a sloucher is never attractive.

2. smile!

smiling shows that you're not afraid to show how you feel! and it makes you look prettier... it makes other people happy to see you happy.

3. dress well

you don't necessarily have to wear what's in style, just wear what you like. wear it confidently. i dress kind of cooky, but i can pull it off because i'm confident. wear stuff that fits you well, and colors that look good on you.

4. take care of yourself

take one day out of the week to take a bubble bath, paint your nails, use a face mask, whatever you like to do to pamper yourself. the first step to loving yourself is loving your body :)

Yeah good stuff.

Portraying confidence is a very attractive feature to guys and im sure to gurls too.