Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skribby

Fish Oil & Cod Liver Oil - Safe to take both daily?

I'm currently taking 4 x 1000mg fish oil softgels and 1 teaspoon of cod liver oil daily.

Is that too much?

I'm not sure whether or not fish oil has much vitamin A, but cod liver oil has quite a bit. Any opinions on this or what I could change to make it better, or should I just take one instead of the other?

First, don't take cod liver oil while on your accutane course. It certainly will exacerbate the side effects, especially if you are on higher dosages. If you are not on accutane anymore, there is no point in taking both fish oils and cod liver oil. What purpose would that serve? Cod liver oil contains EPA+DHA and vitamins A+D. Fish oil only has EPA and DHA. Cod liver oil alone would suffice.

And does anyone do the same and find it's effective?

i also just started taking both, 1 tablespoon each in the morning and 1 each at night. i have also inlcuded a tablespoons of flax, mixed with 25 % borage for GLA, twice per day. i noticed that the omega 3, 6, 9 thread of ndnromeo is under construction, therefore i'm also not sure what the recommended dosages are.