Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
espada

ACCUTANE AND BLOODY STOOLS

Please somebody help me with some re-assurance. I am scared out of my mind right now. This is the first time in my life, i have ever had a bloody stool or w/e you call it. And it was a significant amount. I dont want to stop taking this medicine but i dont want to die either. Im honest to God terrified.

Call your doctor. It might simply be hemorrhoids or maybe not. If the blood is bright red it's more likely from the rectal vault (hemorrhoids) and more benign. If it's darker blood, it's from higher up and not so benign possibly.

Call your doctor. It might simply be hemorrhoids or maybe not. If the blood is bright red it's more likely from the rectal vault (hemorrhoids) and more benign. If it's darker blood, it's from higher up and not so benign possibly.

If your butt is itchy or hurts then its most likely a hemmorrhoid, and that's where the blood is. If you're not so sure, call or go to the doctor.

Internal hemorrhoids do not always itch and don't always hurt. They just bleed.

Whatever the case, the poster needs to contact his/her doctor.

OP, make sure you're also drinking enough fluids. Constipation can worsen hemorrhoids.

Blood in stools is not something to mess around with; it is mostly likely just hemorrhoids but you cannot be too safe. So call your doctor.

hi, i'm having the exact same problem as you so i was just wondering how your thing went. how long were you on the medication before you had blood in your stool? did you have to go off it? was there a way to stay on it and relieve the symptoms? please let me know i'd really appreciate it =)

no no no, it's rectal bleeding... I experienced it about five months after finishing my accutane treatment... get off the goddamn drug.