Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brookeugogirl

tazorac and pores

I'm considering going on tazorac (the gel because the cream version has mineral oil) :naughty:

I'm considering this because my pores are huge and I'm fed up with them.

If you've used Tazorac, I'd really appreciate your feedback:

1) does it help to minimize pores?

2)is it meant to be used for like years (or only for a short period of time)

3)does it damage the skin? I had bad experience on differin.

4)can you use a bha alongside it?

4)can I continue to use my omnilux led light therapy without damaging it. Is this the same as a sun light?

Please let me know if I should even bother.

thanks

there was a study about this prodcut done ... cant remember where to find it but i read that pore size improved by 1 full grade ... i have no idea what this means but i guess its good. the study was odne over a 1 year period i think

try search it on google

edit : foudn the link for you

http://archderm.highwire.org/cgi/content/a...act/138/11/1486

also worth a look

http://futurederm.wordpress.com/2007/12/14...enlarged-pores/

stay out of the sun. at first you will be red, but that goes away. only way you will know is if you use it a year.

everyone has different reactions to any therapy. i can say i saw no difference in my pores, but i was not looking for that in the first place. i saw little change in scarring but some.

needling or roller has been said to help with pores by at least one dr.

I have used taz for 6 yrs. in addition to keeping your skin clear, it improves wrinkles- I was told ok to use around eyes and unlike others my age (mid 30s) I have zero fine lines anywhere. I had huge pores to begin with and taz makes them appear smaller.

Expect a few months before you see any improvement- it will happen gradually, so unless you have good high res before & after pics, you may not notice. I started realizing that I'd not been covering up my pores & skin with make-up anymore and people were giving compliments. It will make you red and irratated at first, you can do every other day and you must perservere- the red and flaky gets less problematic. You will always have some flaking about every 3rd day though.

IPL also helps with lg pores- mine were completely gone (I looked poreless!) during the yr I was having IPL done- they gradually came back over the next 2 yrs. But taz helps- if you have the patience to follow it through.

Oh- and taz is a lifelong regimen... you will eventually love it and want to use it at night. It is prescribed for wrinkles for people w/out acne- so just make it part of your routine.

I have used an LED light w it- but not at first, your skin will be delicate for awhile.

It is not an easy thing to begin- I've read that people quit before they reap the benefits because of the peeling, the redness, and the itching. So if you have the patience... you'll see improvement.

Wow! Thank you all so much :cool: It always amazes me how helpful people are on this board.

Can someone tell me how they have incorporated taz into their normal routine.

I want to still continue using a bha 2or 1%. I want to still use the benzoyl because this really has helped.

I just got an omnilux clear u system (led) to clear up pimples using blue and red light. I'm nervous about this because I don't want to harm my skin by overtreating. Also, I read that you can't use sun lamps with taz. I know this sounds stupid but are leds the same as sunlamps?

Any advice on how to incorporate taz?

Thanks again guys.

By the way, I've seen a good improvement in making my pores look smaller using the bha 2% acid once a week.

im dont think you need to use bha while you are using a retinoid because it may be too irritaing for the skin. MAKE SURE you use a sunscreen as soon as you start using taz. use a physical sunblock

indingneous - how much would you say your pores have improved with the use of Taz alone ?

I have used taz for 6 yrs. in addition to keeping your skin clear, it improves wrinkles- I was told ok to use around eyes and unlike others my age (mid 30s) I have zero fine lines anywhere. I had huge pores to begin with and taz makes them appear smaller.

Expect a few months before you see any improvement- it will happen gradually, so unless you have good high res before & after pics, you may not notice. I started realizing that I'd not been covering up my pores & skin with make-up anymore and people were giving compliments. It will make you red and irratated at first, you can do every other day and you must perservere- the red and flaky gets less problematic. You will always have some flaking about every 3rd day though.

IPL also helps with lg pores- mine were completely gone (I looked poreless!) during the yr I was having IPL done- they gradually came back over the next 2 yrs. But taz helps- if you have the patience to follow it through.

Question,

do you use the cream or gel?.. . I am starting the cream after not a lot of success with retin micro. I have moderate to severe hormonal acne on my chin and neck... I'm wondering if you use the cream bc it has mineral oil in it, which is a know comenogenic.