Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matthew123

Considering Stopping the Regimen

Disclaimer: Dan's products seem to work for alot of people, just not me, I'm not trying to say anything negative about acne.org.

I have really mild acne and I wanted to use the regimen to hopefully completely clear up my skin. Unfortunately it seems to have had adverse effects - I breaking out more often, and my face peeled constantly - to the point where even I moisturized I would get comments on it. Today I got my first big pimple in about a year and I'm starting to wonder whether all this trying to make my face clear is actually making it worse.

I'm debating whether to stop using BP and just cleanse, AHA+ (night) and moisturize.

Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Hi Matthew,

Many people have the same feelings in the beginning, and it can definitely seem like a roller coaster ride.

For people with random pimples, I think this Regimen is too much. But if you normally suffer from mild to moderate acne on a daily basis, a good treatment regimen can really help, but it does take time. For many people the consistent clearing isn't real noticeable until around the 3 month mark.

Have you looked at the 'what to expect' page? http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

It's up to you of course if you want to stop or not, but I think it may be worth it for you to hang in there for 2-3 months and give it time to work before deciding whether or not it is going to work for you. One month isn't long enough most of the time.

Hi Matthew,

Many people have the same feelings in the beginning, and it can definitely seem like a roller coaster ride.

For people with random pimples, I think this Regimen is too much. But if you normally suffer from mild to moderate acne on a daily basis, a good treatment regimen can really help, but it does take time. For many people the consistent clearing isn't real noticeable until around the 3 month mark.

Have you looked at the 'what to expect' page?

It's up to you of course if you want to stop or not, but I think it may be worth it for you to hang in there for 2-3 months and give it time to work before deciding whether or not it is going to work for you. One month isn't long enough most of the time.

Should I lower the amount of BP I use? Because I'm at the full two pumps after gradually working my way up and its definitely too much and the adverse affects are worse than having a few random pimple's here and there.

Maybe like only once a day or half the amounts?

i have mild acne and i found that using too much bp made my skin worse as in breaking out a lot more and it took me months to find the perfect regime. I usually use less than a pea sized amount for my forehead and the same for each cheek and chin and only a tiny amount for my nose . After 10 minutes id put on the moisturiser to avoid that burning and redness.

i have mild acne and i found that using too much bp made my skin worse as in breaking out a lot more and it took me months to find the perfect regime. I usually use less than a pea sized amount for my forehead and the same for each cheek and chin and only a tiny amount for my nose . After 10 minutes id put on the moisturiser to avoid that burning and redness.

Thanks I'll give this a try!

Thanks I'll give this a try!

At around day 25 I almost gave up on the regimen too, because not only did it not seem to be helping my face, I started breaking out like crazy all over my neck - where acne was fairly rare for me. But I still had product left, so I decided to use it all up and then re-evaluate. The stuff actually lasted me almost two months, and by then things were starting to get better. So I ordered some more - having read that it can take many months for some people before they see good results.

While using my second kit, I only got a few zits here and there and no major breakouts. I found that I kept running out of time in the morning and decided to cut back to only 1 treatment per day, right before bed. As others have mentioned, I also reduced the amount of BP gel for most of my face, except for my trouble areas. Neither of these reductions had any noticeable negative impact, so I have continued like this for 10 more months, and have only had 1 breakout limited to 3 large zits. Not perfect, but far better than before.

Disclaimer: Dan's products seem to work for alot of people, just not me, I'm not trying to say anything negative about acne.org.

I have really mild acne and I wanted to use the regimen to hopefully completely clear up my skin. Unfortunately it seems to have had adverse effects - I breaking out more often, and my face peeled constantly - to the point where even I moisturized I would get comments on it. Today I got my first big pimple in about a year and I'm starting to wonder whether all this trying to make my face clear is actually making it worse.

I'm debating whether to stop using BP and just cleanse, AHA+ (night) and moisturize.

Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Same here Matthew and it just kept getting WORSE and WORSE. I think it was just too much for my skin to handle, so I've decided to stop. And I'm not talking one zit here and there, I'm talking large, blood red, hurtful ones. Although it may work for some, it just didn't for me. I'm currently recovering from the mess it made and I'm hoping going more of a natural regimen will help.

Day one of stopping BP cold turkey, my current plan is to:

AHA+ at night every other day

Cleanse and Moisterize morning and night every day

replace pillow case every week

eat more healthy

To explain how mild my acne is, at the beginning of the year I was completely clear for about a month without using anything, I got a few small pimples and I started to go on proactive again which I guess irritated my skin so I got more acne and then I decided to try dan's regimen which irritated my skin even more so I got more acne.

I was the most clear when I wasn't doing anything, so I figure cleansing, moisturizing, and a little AHA+ should make my skin perfect.

Right now I only have one big pimple on the left side of my face (a place where I have never, ever gotten acne before) and a few small clearing ones on my right side and a really tiny small one on my forehead.

Hopefully this goes well, can anyone recommend cleansers or moisturizers? Right now I'm just using Dan's stuff, is there anything better for my situation?

Also does anyone know how to remove the massive amount of skin flakes that I have because of this?

Use a gentle cleanser and continue moisturizing. Even if you have to every couple of hours. That's usually what I do and it works.

why dont you try using cetaphil antibacterial gentle cleansing bar... It worked for my mild acne and left my skin feeling soft and smooth

I just think using too much stuff on your face is not good for you just keep it basic by using the cleanser i mentioned

i use queen helenes oatmeal and honey face scrub in the shower every morning(gotta do it for at least a minute and in circular motions), it's a gentle exfoliater and gets rid of most flakes so no need for cleanser but you could try experimenting with whatever one you want however i still need need to moisturise after (daniels one)and that usually gets rid of any flakes and dry patches.

im in the same boat.. the regimen did clear up some pimples but my face was dry, flaking and thats the reason why i stopped using it. now im just using cetaphil cleanser, AHA+ at night and a spf 15 moisturizer

My acne is clearing, but my skin is turning to itchy leather that flakes a lot if I don't moisturize several times a day, and that in turn makes me greasy and sticky.

Anyone having problems like that?

Mathew, I think I'm like you because this isn't really working for me. I have far less acne, but the redness, itchiness and tight skin far outweighs that. Have you stopped?

I've been off for more than a week and things have been pretty steady, I'm mostly clearing up the pimples I got while on the regimen. My skin looks a lot healthier but I am at an all time high regarding pimples because of how many I got while on the regimen. Things seem to be finally starting to clear up though, I'll post continue to post my progress.