Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Loochi

For the depressed people.

I know this isn't really the section for this but people here are always down and in a negative mood. You soon have to realise that this sort of feeling of hate will not change anything and will only hurt you the more you prolong it..

Ok, I know you have acne and no one in the world wants it.. Fair enough, I used to have real severe acne and it NEVER stopped me from being happy and going out with friends.. Sure there was down times where I thought "Why the hell am I the only one with this?"

But the way I see it, we all have been delt some cards to work with... Some of us don't have such a good deck to start out with.. But if you play your cards right, things can change.. Believe me on that one. I used to always get made fun of by guys at school and teased by the girls of how ugly I was or whatever the reason being.

I couldn't take it anymore, I hated the fact that sometimes I hated myself or my life so I decided to change that.

Highlight your attributes y'all, do whatever you think that will draw attention away from your acne or whatever imprefection you might think you have. Go get a flash hair cut, change your clothes, go to the gym, get a tattoo somewhere I don't care? These things actually make a dramatic difference when you actually think about it.. They bring out your confidence and people actually notice that.. No one notices YOUR acne as bad you do and that's fo'real..

Most people who post their photo's for people to critique don't even look as bad as they make themselves out to be? LOL? You guys are so hard on yourselves..

We can't all be born rich and good looking.. But we can work towards it and better ourselves. And for your information, all those rich and good looking people or whoever you envy have their fair share of problems too you know..

It's all in your hands. It's your life. Live it happily.

hehe can I get a clone of you to hide in my closet? Just to 'pick me up' when Im having a downer? :lol:

hehe can I get a clone of you to hide in my closet? Just to 'pick me up' when Im having a downer? :lol:

Oh my gosh! :lol:

Magnificent post. :clap:

I'll take one of you too.

If it'll make you happy, sure. (Wink)

Oh my gosh! :lol:

Magnificent post. :clap:

I'll take one of you too.

(Wink)

Eh Loochi I have things to say to you but....I don't know, why even try to reason with you? ;)

I'm glad you are confident, upbeat and happy with your life. It is great to hear from someone like that. (Could you even be depressed if you tried?) And there are many great things to try in life...like I always say, you won't know what a great life/time you could have unless you risk. And you might get hurt and there will be some crappy times-maybe not for you but for a lot of people. Not that it should stop a person...but I just want people who are going through it to be allowed the journey, to be given time to heal and recover. We can't all be at the place you are immediately. And each person's story is different.

Also I'm gonna say that there are some people on here who suffer from depression that is not just bad moods or just from acne. Those kind of things are medical conditions and cannot just be snapped out of. But there is hope for them too and help as well. I don't think there is one answer that fixes everybody. And I want everyone to have a chance to be heard and at life right where they are right now.

Fire away man! (She grins wildly at this point.) Cheers! :D

My favourite poster.. :) Didn't think you'd find this thread. (Wink)

You can say anything to me just as long as you sing it.

Lol. I do get hurt, believe me I do.. But I train myself to get over it in a matter of seconds, because those people who won't accept you for who you are and expect you to change should just go funk them selves. It's good for people to journey through all of this but I just feel like they are dwelling on it for ages... Years and years... Don't you think life's too short for that? And as you age the more responsibilities come you got to take care of and you wasted all that time worrying about some dots on your face which people don't really give a crap about.. I doubt that a person will look at me and see's a pimple and will go home and think about it for days or months lol. They probably just notice it.

Though I agree with you that everybody is different and there are medical aspects of it so I give you that one. I just believe that we can condition ourselves to be more optimistic in a non indenial way too if that makes sense. (LoLz) :)

Nice message.

Don't know if this is sarcasim or not but I'll say thanks! ^_^

Couldn't think of anything else to say at the time, but wanted to say that I liked the post.

Nice message.

Don't know if this is sarcasim or not but I'll say thanks! ^_^

Couldn't think of anything else to say at the time, but wanted to say that I liked the post.

I'm glad you did mate. :)

My favourite poster.. :) Didn't think you'd find this thread. (Wink)

You can say anything to me just as long as you sing it.

Lol. I do get hurt, believe me I do.. But I train myself to get over it in a matter of seconds, because those people who won't accept you for who you are and expect you to change should just go funk them selves. It's good for people to journey through all of this but I just feel like they are dwelling on it for ages... Years and years... Don't you think life's too short for that? And as you age the more responsibilities come you got to take care of and you wasted all that time worrying about some dots on your face which people don't really give a crap about.. I doubt that a person will look at me and see's a pimple and will go home and think about it for days or months lol. They probably just notice it.

Though I agree with you that everybody is different and there are medical aspects of it so I give you that one. I just believe that we can condition ourselves to be more optimistic in a non indenial way too if that makes sense. (LoLz) :)

I'm singing, oh how I'm singing. :whistle: And you can be glad you can't hear it because I'm quite sure it would drive all rational thoughts from your mind! :angel:

I think that what you said about being optimistic in a non denial way is worth consideration. Yes people who aren't accepting should go, oh, maybe visit hell for awhile.

Hmm so a person doesn't just go from being self conscious to confident over night. A lot of people feel they've been too hurt to risk anymore. So maybe trying to encourage people to at least start taking baby steps towards confidence and embracing life will work for those who can't do the big leaps yet, I don't know. I would love to see people give it a shot again. Probably the best idea to start with would be hanging out with me for a while. (on the good days lol!)

All the same, I'm gonna be cheering for people regardless of where they are at. :)

LoLz.

Life is all about taking risks because we don't know some of the outcomes if we simply don't try them right? A lot of the things I've asked for or went for I had no clue of the outcome but that's what it's all about otherwise we won't find out. (Wink)

Great post! Totally agree. Its amazing how much how you feel about yourself affects how people think about you! Life is there to be lived, acne or no acne. Doesn't mean you have to feel good about having acne, but be thankful for the good things in your life!

Now excuse me while I go and take my accutane pill, pile on cakeloads of makeup and drink until I love myself. Lol! :lol:

Great post! Totally agree. Its amazing how much how you feel about yourself affects how people think about you! Life is there to be lived, acne or no acne. Doesn't mean you have to feel good about having acne, but be thankful for the good things in your life!

Now excuse me while I go and take my accutane pill, pile on cakeloads of makeup and drink until I love myself. Lol! :lol:

Awesome. Thank you for agreeing with me.. :)

Beautiful place Australia.. Jealous.

Well I'll have to agree with u again - it is a beautiful place! NZ isn't too bad though ;)

Mind you I say this while it is pissing down outside and a cyclone is bearing down on us!

Don't we have alot in common? It's crap ass weather here.. Minus the cyclone (wink)

Good post Loochi. What always gets me is that people do not realize that feeling down is not going to get them anywhere. You can be sad all of the time or happy the majority of the time and your skin is most likely going to remain the same. So if this is the case doesn't it feel a lot better to just be happy?

Good post Loochi. What always gets me is that people do not realize that feeling down is not going to get them anywhere. You can be sad all of the time or happy the majority of the time and your skin is most likely going to remain the same. So if this is the case doesn't it feel a lot better to just be happy?

Exactly mate, I don't have a problem with people venting once in a while but making it your life is just a bummer.

Wow. Another advice-giver :wub:.

"I have perspective on my life :cool:. All you refugees, it's your life. Live it happily ... while the guards are pummelin' ya :cool:."

Lol.

Bumped for those who make depressing ass threads.

*still awaiting delivery of Loochi clone*

>.>

<.<

There can only be one Loochi looch'. (wink)

I do like your posts...I probably should say again. Have you ever thought about being an inspirational speaker? I think you would do very well at that :) Great post!

You're too kind. (wink) - Got to some how reach these people and make them realise that everyone has some sort of insecurity and they don't really have time to notice yours because they're trying to work on theirs.

I hope this post touches more people. ^_^

I understand your point, but sometimes it's hard to change. I don't even have acne anymore and I still hate what I see in the mirror. I always thought "oh once i'm clear everything will be fine".

I do agree with a lot of what you said though. People don't really notice acne on others and if they do, normally it isn't a big deal. Plenty of girls think guys with acne are still hot. Attitude really plays a major factor in who is appealing/not appealing. That's why it makes sense what you're saying. If people try to adopt a positive attitude and not walk around thinking that every single person has them under a microscope and is inspecting their face, then maybe things will get better for them. It's a good goal, but sometimes a difficult state of mind to reach for some people. Change doesn't happen overnight