Notifications
Clear all

Any Matte/Putty/Filler/Gel to fill in scars?

MemberMember
(@iwantthatone)

Posted : 03/09/2009 2:47 am

Hi all,

I‚„m 27, Male, and im Asian (that‚„s Indian/Pakistani for you lot who get mixed up with Chinese lol) and my skin colour is fair (pretty fair compared to your normal Indian/Pakistani lad).

I started having acne when i was 17 and it stopped around when i was 23, and I am now just left with scars on my cheeks for the past 4 years. Some scars are size of pinheads and some are slightly bigger and wider (a bit like Boxcar scars). Please refer to my pictures....sorry for the close-up, but i was trying to get the best possible picture and yet hide my face at the same time:). Plz let me know if u need more pics!

My question: (I saw a thread, but can‚„t find it now ) But, is there such a product like matte/putty/filler/gel (according to your skin colour or not) out there that can fill in acne scars on my cheeks to smooth out my face? Just like as you would smooth out cement on a wall with a Trowel (good example I hope lol). I don‚„t mind putting on a bit of concealer/foundation as well on top of that. But I DO NOT WANT to wear powder makeup! :P

If anyone knows of any product/s that they use for the problem above, could u please kindly mention the full name and where I can get it from/website if possible. As well as that, if you have used these products u mention, could you please post some pics?

My skin isn‚„t sensitive, so I won‚„t break out‚¦I hope!

Btw, I live in UK!

THNKS A MILL!

post-97911-1236584630_thumb.jpg

post-97911-1236615908_thumb.jpg

post-97911-1236584630_thumb.jpg

post-97911-1236615908_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@iwantthatone)

Posted : 03/12/2009 5:48 pm

Well guys/girls?

MemberMember
(@chrissyc)

Posted : 03/12/2009 5:59 pm

I know what thread you are talking about...don't know where it is. The recommended Prescriptives Wrinkle Filler applied with a toothpick. Never had luck with the technique. Primers can help. Love to hear other suggestions.

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 03/12/2009 6:31 pm

My question: (I saw a thread, but can™t find it now ) But, is there such a product like matte/putty/filler/gel (according to your skin colour or not) out there that can fill in acne scars on my cheeks to smooth out my face? Just like as you would smooth out cement on a wall with a Trowel (good example I hope lol). I don™t mind putting on a bit of concealer/foundation as well on top of that. But I DO NOT WANT to wear powder makeup! :P

If anyone knows of any product/s that they use for the problem above, could u please kindly mention the full name and where I can get it from/website if possible. As well as that, if you have used these products u mention, could you please post some pics?

Im pretty sure this is the product you are looking for:

Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...WELAID=61229747

Do a board search for Monistat and you will find many reviews. :D

MemberMember
(@iwantthatone)

Posted : 03/14/2009 10:28 am

The 'Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel' says nothing about filling in scars :(

But i do remember someone mentioning MAC Matte, has anyone tried that, is it any good? Coz this product sounds like exactly what i want!!

Are there any other products such as the MAC Matte that can fill in small acne scars?

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 03/14/2009 2:59 pm

The 'Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel' says nothing about filling in scars :(

But i do remember someone mentioning MAC Matte, has anyone tried that, is it any good? Coz this product sounds like exactly what i want!!

Are there any other products such as the MAC Matte that can fill in small acne scars?

are you saying it says nothing on the package about filling in scars? it wont, its marketed for chafing relief.

Mac Matte is basically the same as monistat. Both are silicone/ powder base. I'm not even sure if MAC still makes it, since i couldn't find it on their website to compare. I was going to compare the ingredients for you...

I have used both and see no difference other than price. I use Monistat under my makeup to fill in my pores AND apply it OVER my makeup with a toothpick to fill in my scars. It can be used alone, without makeup and works just as well to cover scars..

not trying to push the monistat on you, but if you do a Google search On Monistat as a primer you will find youtube tutes and much more. :D Good luck with whichever you choose.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Monistat-...amp;hl=monistat

MemberMember
(@ciaobella)

Posted : 03/14/2009 3:05 pm

Cle de Peau concealer stick!

it's thick and can fill in those scars, and if you have elevated scars and smooth it around them, it'll cover those too!

thing is, it's a little pricey, but one tube lasts about a whole year :)

MemberMember
(@iwantthatone)

Posted : 03/14/2009 3:54 pm

The MAC Matte is here:

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates/pr...CT_ID=PROD66110

As u can see from my pics above, my scars aren't that deep!...hopefuly one of these (MAC Matte or Monistat Chaffing gel) will do the trick!

One question.....doesn't Chaffing gel provide releif of irritation?....so how does this fill in acne scars to smooth the skin out?

I cant find the the 'Monistat Chaffing gel' here in UK, but came across this one (which is sold in uk), is this ok:

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...catalogId=11051

MemberMember
(@the-charmed-1)

Posted : 03/15/2009 8:00 pm

You can try the Monistat gel. It worked for me in the beginning and it looked great but as the day wore on it seperated and sort of ''lifted'' from the ice pick scars I had filled in. It really got me upset, but i guess if maybe I had better prepared the skin (so it would adhere better) then maybe it would've lasted longer.

I would say to try it, alot of others had good results either way used as a mattifier/pore filler or primer.

MemberMember
(@lawandorder)

Posted : 06/29/2010 9:48 am

Hi all,

I™m 27, Male, and im Asian (that™s Indian/Pakistani for you lot who get mixed up with Chinese lol) and my skin colour is fair (pretty fair compared to your normal Indian/Pakistani lad).

I started having acne when i was 17 and it stopped around when i was 23, and I am now just left with scars on my cheeks for the past 4 years. Some scars are size of pinheads and some are slightly bigger and wider (a bit like Boxcar scars). Please refer to my pictures....sorry for the close-up, but i was trying to get the best possible picture and yet hide my face at the same time:). Plz let me know if u need more pics!

My question: (I saw a thread, but can™t find it now ) But, is there such a product like matte/putty/filler/gel (according to your skin colour or not) out there that can fill in acne scars on my cheeks to smooth out my face? Just like as you would smooth out cement on a wall with a Trowel (good example I hope lol). I don™t mind putting on a bit of concealer/foundation as well on top of that. But I DO NOT WANT to wear powder makeup! :P

My skin isn™t sensitive, so I won™t break out¦I hope!

Btw, I live in UK!

THNKS A MILL!

I use wax, either from Bumble or a lip balm. It works well for me. I pack it in, and it stays pretty good.

MemberMember
(@rbunih)

Posted : 06/29/2010 1:14 pm

I believe you're thinking of the Daphne dermal filler kit. There is somebody on here who touts its merits, but I've seen pictures of him wearing it and it looks kind of ridiculous. But whatever boosts your self-esteem. Also your scars don't look deep enough that you would really benefit from it.

MemberMember
(@eeveep)

Posted : 04/27/2021 8:31 pm

Were you thinking of dermaflage or something like that? Really I think it's just tinted liquid silicone or latex with a texturing pad. There are also a ton of primers that do this now too, to a lesser extent.

MemberMember
(@laurenpdxlaurengmail-com)

Posted : 05/07/2021 1:24 am

Smash box pore filler might help. If you buy it from ulta or sephora, you can try it out and if it doesn't work they will let you return it.