Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoftBomb

Can you use less BP for maintenance?

After you're cleared up, do you use less BP for maintenance or the same amount? I would prefer the former to save a little cash, but not if it isn't intended that way. Speaking of Acne.org's BP, btw.

After you've been using the full recommended dose on The Regimen for a while and are staying consistently clear (which may take a few months), you can try slowly decreasing the amount of BP you use. Some people are able to use less BP and stay clear, while others need to use the full dose. It's all depends on your skin.

Bear in mind, though, that the larger amounts of BP that The Regimen calls for are a big part of why it's so effective.

After a few months I cut back to once-a-day treatment, and I reduced the BP gel usage by only putting it on thick onto my problem areas. My forehead and nose rarely get zits so I only apply a small amount. I've never had a zit on my cheeks so I don't use any at all there.

After a few months I cut back to once-a-day treatment, and I reduced the BP gel usage by only putting it on thick onto my problem areas. My forehead and nose rarely get zits so I only apply a small amount. I've never had a zit on my cheeks so I don't use any at all there.

i have been on the regimen for for 17 months now. after 12 months of clear skin i cut down to once a day. the last 2 weeks i have been really sick with the flu and my immune system obviously crashed...and voila ! 2 new mean looking pimples ...the type i hadn't seen since i started the regimen way back in october 2007. so , your immune system has a lot to do with how you can fight off your acne breakout. so, back to twice a day...moral of this story, yes you will most likely be able to cut down at some point but be adviced that when you fall sick and are feeling like you are lacking energy, go back to using twice a day ...

After you've been using the full recommended dose on The Regimen for a while and are staying consistently clear (which may take a few months), you can try slowly decreasing the amount of BP you use. Some people are able to use less BP and stay clear, while others need to use the full dose. It's all depends on your skin.

Bear in mind, though, that the larger amounts of BP that The Regimen calls for are a big part of why it's so effective.

what about those who cannot use the full 2 pumps of bp? should i quit the regimen and find something else? i can hardly use 1 full pump of bp without my face becoming extremely red and flaky

what about those who cannot use the full 2 pumps of bp? should i quit the regimen and find something else? i can hardly use 1 full pump of bp without my face becoming extremely red and flaky

How long have you been using The Regimen?

been using it for 3 full weeks now. it did clear me up in week 2 but week 3 i broke out with 6 new pimples :(

been using it for 3 full weeks now. it did clear me up in week 2 but week 3 i broke out with 6 new pimples :(

How much did you start with? Maybe you just need to take it slower than some people since your face seems to be having a hard time adjusting. Just try to use as much BP as you can handle.

And it's still normal to be experiencing breakouts three weeks in. It usually takes around three months for people to stay consistently clear.