Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

people try and tell me that i don't know anything about my own skin.

i've tried a TON of different products over the years, including that junk proactiv. has that worked for ANYONE by the way? anyway, i know a lot of you have been on crazy stuff like accutane, and have lived with acne for like twenty years, and have changed your whole life around it...

i have my own problems, and i've lived with it for years and years too, and it HAS affected my life. no, i haven't tried accutane, but that doesn't mean i don't know anything. i know my skin. i know my life. i know MYSELFFF...

now, this isn't about people giving me CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE and ENCOURAGEMENT. i love you guys, the people who try and sympathize with me and who tell me not to give up. YOU'RE really helpful. and i really appreciate the love and props and all that.

so yeah. just wanted to vent. i'm just tired of people telling me i don't know anything or that i'm inexperienced. thanks for reading, and comment if you agree!

I know exactly how you feel. I also hate it when ppl say "hey u should use proactive on your face" i just feel like yelling at them telling them that proactive is CRAP. people can be so mean somtimes

Damn Proactiv, I tried it once and it worked for like the first week, and it actually worked really well. After that week my acne developed into like a whole other stage of acne lol. And yeah, I know how you feel :confused: When people start giving you advice and telling you that you're not washing good enough or you're touching your skin too much or something like that, it's ridiculous. If I could explain everything I have done and still do for my skin, people would think I'm crazy.

We all know how you feel. I work at my University in the AV Dept, we help professors with equipment. I remember about a year ago I was working and would always help this professor. We became good friends and near the end of the semester she came up to me and said "Can I talk to you about something personal?" I said, "Ok.......... sure." I knew what was coming. The acne talk with strangers, that is always fun. Well she recommended some crap that apparently worked for her son. When I told her I had tried everything and nothing had worked for me she told me she knew what she was talking about because she is a doctor and she knew everything about acne. Yes, she actually said she knew everything about it. Was very weird. I just ignored her and walked away.

P.S. SCREW PROACTIVE AND Anyone associated with those RIDICULOUS commercials. Every time i watch them I wanna kill them all.

Personally, Im beginning to think that all the OTCs are a scam. Companies KNOW how desperate we are for a cure and they exploit this fact. I truly believe that the only people who can help us are our dermatologists/GP's and even each other. Every person on this website has different ideas on remedies, some work for some, some dont.

I cant stand so called friendly 'advice' from people who dont have a clue. Adverts for Proactiv, Clearasil, Clean and Clear..... all of them should be banned! They are all a pile of shite!

I will add that that is my opinion, Ive tried them all and got burned in the pocket as well as on my face >.< they may work very well for other people........

i remember i was sleeping over with my girlfriends at this girl jordan's house.

first let me tell you what jordan looks like...

she's got a perfect body, perfect boobs, the most flawless skin you've ever seen. she's a blonde bombshell.

she tried to tell me that if i didn't wear makeup then my acne would go away. i just wanted to punch her in her stupid perfect fucking face. it doesn't matter if i wear makeup or not, i still have acne.

i can (kind of) understand if somebody who's actually had horrible acne tries to give me some advice, but only if they're a close friend or loved one. to have someone who's probably never had a zit in their entire life tell me how to fix my skin just furiates me.

Personally, Im beginning to think that all the OTCs are a scam. Companies KNOW how desperate we are for a cure and they exploit this fact. I truly believe that the only people who can help us are our dermatologists/GP's and even each other. Every person on this website has different ideas on remedies, some work for some, some dont.

I cant stand so called friendly 'advice' from people who dont have a clue. Adverts for Proactiv, Clearasil, Clean and Clear..... all of them should be banned! They are all a pile of shite!

I will add that that is my opinion, Ive tried them all and got burned in the pocket as well as on my face >.< they may work very well for other people........

about the proactiv scam, i never really thought of it that way. we ARE all desperate for a cure, and they know that! i always gave them the benefit of the doubt that they just thought it would work for everyone...damn.. o_0 good insight!