Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jibberjabber42

Possible Encouragement... My accutane story with Before and After pics

Wow what a long journey... im done with accutane and i dont think i have ever been so happy in my life. I started off with moderate acne but it was very persistant and never would get any better so the derm put me on accutane. I had a horrible IB and didnt even want to go outside slowly it started to get a little better but i still looked horrible after 4 months and i thought i was going to be doomed forever. than finally like out of nowhere the pimples started disappearing and not coming back. I kept waiting to wake up in the morning with new ones but it never happened. It took the whole time( 7 months) but i was totally clear and i am so happy, i recommend accutane to anyone who has persistant acne as i know how annoying and depressing it can be.

The day i started- might I add the best my acne had ever looked :(

post-63216-1236576951_thumb.jpg

A little more than half way through half way through when i first started noticing some improvment

post-63216-1236578485_thumb.jpg

Currently 4 months off accutane sorry for poor quality i lost my camara had to use the iphone lol

post-63216-1236579498_thumb.jpg

Congrats dude, looks like Accutane really helped you out.

Around when in your course did you start seeing the biggest noticeable improvement. Most people say the first two months are rough and it gets worse, but then in the third month it really takes effect.

I'm on month 4 now, started seeing improvements around month 3 but i'm still getting afew whiteheads usually one or two a day. Is this normal and do you think in the last 2 weeks i have left on the treatment will be enough to finish it off?

thanks

ha i wish it was 20mg i was on 40 mg first month and than 80 the rest of the course... I really started to notice change around the 5th month to be honest i guess i was a very stubborn case

Wait.. What.. So you mean you didnt go bald and blind?!? :think: hehe. No but seriously it looks like it really did the job dude, glad to see it helped you too. I should make one of these one day..