Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
L. M.

Post Accutane treatment - acne persists

Hello,

I am in search for peace of mind, and I hope to find it here.

Early this year I finished my Accutane treatment lasting roughly seven months, and while there are definite signs of improvement I can't help but feel worried that it wasn't entirely effective. My dermatologist prescribed Differin as a post-treatment, but I fret it may not be working as it should. I have breakouts on my back--especially recently cystic acne. I'm worried about my back and neck. My dermatologist said that if I ever feel my acne I should give him a call. He said this no more than two weeks ago, upon visiting for a checkup where he said that he's not worried. Yet, I can't help but do so. The sides of my forehead are also active but not very noticeably.

My back hurts - a lot. More than it has in a long while. It's very red, and more than four cysts have appeared throughout the week. I've also been extraordinarily tired. I'm terrified that my acne is returning, and I don't want to go back on Accutane--if it's even possible. It makes me very tired and I lose my confidence--just when my life is starting to really pick up momentum.

Can someone help me with this? At least clarify--what might the problem be?

Thanks in advance