Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From people who have used vitamin b5 how successful is it in:

1 - getting rid of oiliness and how fast it works

2 - getting rid of spots/acne

3 - what ones are better for results - capsules, tablets etc

4 - where is the best place to get them from and if so are their different brands that work better

Also just like to know your own success and how long you have been taken it, because theres nothing more i would like than having less oily skin, and this is something i have been looking for in a long time that seems to actually work.

Oh and im currentlyback on tetracycline - would this need to be stopped for me to take the b5 vitamin? Also what are the dosages i would need to take?

Cheers guys and girls - look forward to your replys :)

Ive been looking at the massive b5 post which has been very helpful and i believe the powder is the best one. Can soemone tell me how much i should take of this daily and what other things i need to take with it -(it gets really confusing).

Also what is the best powder to take?

1- some see results within a week some see results in a month. for me personally, i was never really oily, but my oil did reduce in my T zone within 2 weeks.

2- DONT PICK WHILE ON B5. i found that my spots went away relatively fast as long as you don't pick. it almost seemed like the healing took longer while on B5.

3- i personally used the capsules, they worked great.

4- BRAND DOES MATTER. i started off using a brand by new roots, and it made my stomach so upset and made me want to puke every time i swallowed the pills. my body did not agree with this brand. i instantly switched over to the GNC brand and saw results quickly.

& as far as the powder, i can't help, i never tried it.

best of luck!

Cheers for your reply - never ever really have felt need to pick spots so thats not a problem, but will definately take the powder however horrible it tastes (just gulp it down quick) because im realy terrible at taking capsules/tablets etc and taking 20 a day would be a problem.

However taking the powder 3/4 times a day of 3 grams each should do the trick.

Would i need another b vitamin with this (cant remember the name) as heard its quite important.

I have extremelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy oily skin allllllll over my face, haha.

I need to blot it like every hour:/.

1- I have only been on b5 for about five days, but the crazy amount of oil that was all over my nose, is now completely dry, and the pores are closed. It's crazy!

2- It's too early to tell.

3- I use capsules.

4- GNC's brand.

Cheers for your reply - never ever really have felt need to pick spots so thats not a problem, but will definately take the powder however horrible it tastes (just gulp it down quick) because im realy terrible at taking capsules/tablets etc and taking 20 a day would be a problem.

However taking the powder 3/4 times a day of 3 grams each should do the trick.

Would i need another b vitamin with this (cant remember the name) as heard its quite important.

fair enough, the pills are a bit much. i agree.

i do strongly recommend taking a B complex since you are mega dosing on one single B vitamin in the B group, you will get a deficiency in the other B vitamins.

OH and btw do NOT break the capsules and drink them from water.

I thought it would be easier than popping so many b5 pills,

but it tasted TERRIBLE!!!!

Thanks for the info - will definately get the b-complex as well.

Glad to hear your oily skin has gone away heyaawhatsupp, cant wait for mine to finally go.

Also can someone give me a link to the best powder i should use.

Ive found this (i live in uk btw):

http://herballovemall.com/Vitamin-B5-Powde...le-GB&id=uk

However it says b5 powder calcium pantothenate - is this the same?

Just want to make sure im getting the right stuff - so can you give me links to what powder you can recommend or have used?

ooooh..

i don't know about that one, i mean, you could TRY it but i have never heard of anyone using a B5 infused with calcium

i dug around the forums and found that someone has been using this B5 powder and have been having success with it, and in my opinion, yeah, it seems a little bit expensive, but i think that its a rather large quantity and would be worth the value.

i am not sure if they ship to the UK though.

1- I have only been on b5 for about five days, but the crazy amount of oil that was all over my nose, is now completely dry, and the pores are closed. It's crazy!

3- I use capsules.

4- GNC's brand.

I have terribly oily skin as well. I tried B5 3g a day and it worked great but I stopped and started it again even with higher dose but it has never been the same really. What is the dosage that you are taking?

Ive found this:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/he...tothenic-acid)/

which seems like the right stuff ive been loooking for - however it says before i pay for it that:

Please note all of our raw ingredients, formulas and custom blends may (though it is EXTREMELY unlikely) contain slight traces of the other raw ingredients we stock (this could be nuts, eggs or milk).

Our blending equipment is used to blend all of our ingredients so we have made the decision to warn of the possible slight trace of another ingredient which a user could be allergic too! Some may be concerned about the cleanliness of our equipment (we are council inspected) but we can assure you we clean all equipment before using for the next blend but the slightest trace (not viewable by the human eye) of certain ingredients (nuts for example) can obviously be life threatening so we feel it is in the best interest of our clients if anyone with an allergic reaction refrain from using our raw ingredients, formulas or custom blends. Of course all of our other products are suitable (unless stated otherwise).

Now im allergic to nuts, and wanted to know would you consider this a problem because i dont think it is a blend, formula or some of their raw ingredients - therefore it is still suitable?

Just want to know other peoples advance knowledge of this vitamin b5powder.

Ive now found skinb5 acne relief powder which has - pantothenic acid, zinc, vitamin a and biotin so looks good.

However where can i order this from, i go to their produst lists, just after reading to faq about the powder and its not there bizarly? Although ive read some people on this board have actually had this and would like to know how they got it - or have the company stopped making it?

i personally have zero experiences with powder and different brands.

so i would feel wrong giving you my opinion especially if you results were a disappointment.

i recommend taking your allergies into thought especially because allergens can show on your skin (if you aren't deathly allergic, of course)

the B5 with the biotin would be a good score, because i do know that a side affect of mega dosing on B5 is hair loss, and the biotin actually helps increase hair growth.

& i checked on that skinB5.com website and it looks a bit like a scam, in my opinion

3- I use capsules.

4- GNC's brand.

I have terribly oily skin as well. I tried B5 3g a day and it worked great but I stopped and started it again even with higher dose but it has never been the same really. What is the dosage that you are taking?

For the first two days I took a little over 5 grams.

Then on the the third day, I took the whole 10 grams.

I have been doing that since :).