Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Before acne I was content with life.

Ever since I got acne I have become extremely self-conscious, unfocused, unhappy, and negative.

How can I fix this? I think even if I become clear this will still linger.

Yes, you've probably changed. But don't place the blame on acne, you have allowed yourself to get to this point by re-inforcing a negative mindset. You've allowed what you believe to be a external fault dictate to you your worth. I too have walked the path you find yourself on - and am still on in, but now I at least have a clear view.

Don't allow this mere physical affliction to take over, instead have the courage and intellect to transcend it.

im pretty sure its safe to say that acne has that kind of effect on everyone. some more then others, but im sure noone is excited or happy when they breakout. but think about the fact that acne is only temporary...even though it feels like its draging on and on and on, it will eventually go away. Even if it leave marks they will most likley fade in time. The way you approach the situation i think affects how your body heals it self, so try to stay positive ! its hard, trust me im sure everyone whos experience a breakout or whatever knows that! in the long run youll do your self good if you just keep a positive mindset, and keep telling yourself that before you know it itll be over! and dont pick at it either because that will make the proccess more longer haha. good luck :)

im pretty sure its safe to say that acne has that kind of effect on everyone. some more then others, but im sure noone is excited or happy when they breakout. but think about the fact that acne is only temporary...even though it feels like its draging on and on and on, it will eventually go away. Even if it leave marks they will most likley fade in time. The way you approach the situation i think affects how your body heals it self, so try to stay positive ! its hard, trust me im sure everyone whos experience a breakout or whatever knows that! in the long run youll do your self good if you just keep a positive mindset, and keep telling yourself that before you know it itll be over! and dont pick at it either because that will make the proccess more longer haha. good luck :)

*I'm not going to hide my feelings anymore I am speaking from my heart from now on*

How am I sure it will ever go away? None of my blood relation have acne... The fact is I am supposed to be having the time of my life right now in High School and I am hating it. I know I have learned a lot but what is the point of knowing everything if none of it makes you feel happy?

Should I look for help? I honestly feel no drive to do anything anymore. Hanging out with my friends doesn't cheer me up, I have lost all drive to do my schoolwork and half ass it. I know this is not all due to acne, but I used to have not a care in the world. Now it seems like I have to analyze every little detail in my life.