Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A lot of people have found that the AHA helps to fade hyperpigmentation and even out skin tone, as well as taking care of flaky skin. Other people haven't had as pronounced results. I think it sort of depends on your skin. For me, personally, it seems to help.

Thanks for the reply, c'est la vigne. I've never tried an AHA product before. Not sure what to expect.

Dan's AHA is the first and only AHA I've used, and I really like it. It's nice and moisturizing, and while Dan's regimen keeps me clear, his AHA just bumps it up a notch.

What are you using as far as skin care goes?

I'm using a tube of 10% BP Clearasil and St Ives Vitamin E moisturizer about 10 minutes after I apply the BP. Even with tons of moisturizer my face is beat red, in terms of active pimples, it does do the trick. My face's skin is peeling a bit.

I've always had moderate acne, and have a few acne scars, but never invested a ton of energy beyond going to CVS and buying some Clearasil. I've always had red marks on my cheeks and just recently wondered what it would be like to have them go away.

I wouldn't mind switching to Acne.org's AHA and BP. Especially since the 10% BP concentration is apparently too much for my skin.

I'm using a tube of 10% BP Clearasil and St Ives Vitamin E moisturizer about 10 minutes after I apply the BP. Even with tons of moisturizer my face is beat red, in terms of active pimples, it does do the trick. My face's skin is peeling a bit.

I've always had moderate acne, and have a few acne scars, but never invested a ton of energy beyond going to CVS and buying some Clearasil. I've always had red marks on my cheeks and just recently wondered what it would be like to have them go away.

I wouldn't mind switching to Acne.org's AHA and BP. Especially since the 10% BP concentration is apparently too much for my skin.

Yeah, I was actually going to suggest switching to a gentler BP. 10% is a bit much, and since it's so drying and irritating, it can actually cause acne.

If you're going to switch over to Dan's products, which I think would be much better (Dan's BP is even gentler than the store-bought 2.5% BP I had been using), I still think you should wait about a month or so before using the AHA. I know you've been using 10% BP, but since AHA is an acid, it might be better to give your face a while to recover before you start using anything extra on it.

Yeah, I was actually going to suggest switching to a gentler BP. 10% is a bit much, and since it's so drying and irritating, it can actually cause acne.

If you're going to switch over to Dan's products, which I think would be much better (Dan's BP is even gentler than the store-bought 2.5% BP I had been using), I still think you should wait about a month or so before using the AHA. I know you've been using 10% BP, but since AHA is an acid, it might be better to give your face a while to recover before you start using anything extra on it.

Thanks for the advice - it makes sense. I'll see if it helps!

Just bought both - fingers crossed.

i've been using dan's aha for 1 week. cant notice anything so far, but its still too early to tell if its working for me

So after a month of BP - I would be able to use the AHA+ in place of moisturizer?

You could use it in place of your moisturizer either at night or in the morning. Using it for both would be overkill, and might irritate your face. So for whichever one you're not using the AHA for, you'd still be using your regular moisturizer.