Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well i am going to see my derm on thursday in hope of being perscribed Accutane, im just wondering, if he does, how long will it actually take before i can get on the pill, i am a male.

Thanks.

Unfortunately this depends on your derm to be honest. If your derm thinks accutane is right for you then it should probably take a few days. You have to have a blood test done first so the quicker your able to get that done then the quicker you can get your prescription. Generally speaking it shouldnt take long considering your male.

Make sure you dont get your hopes up though, your derm may not think yor ready for tane yet. Anyway good luck. :)

Unfortunately this depends on your derm to be honest. If your derm thinks accutane is right for you then it should probably take a few days. You have to have a blood test done first so the quicker your able to get that done then the quicker you can get your prescription. Generally speaking it shouldnt take too long considering your male.

Make sure you dont get your hopes up though, your derm may not think yor ready for tane yet. Anyway good luck. :)

I honestly think Males get it quicker than Females. We have to go through all that insanely crappy iPledge stuff ... pregnancy tests ... etc. However, I agree with Jimmy on the dermatologist point. It depends on your dermatologist, too, but in my opinion - females have it harder when getting Accutane.

^I agree^ I beleive females have to go through a min of 1 month of birth control before they are even allowed near accutane. Must be frustrating.

Mine saw me for 3 minutes, first ever appointment, and wrote me a prescription and I basically started the next day, no blood tests etc. I think it depends where you live.

i just went today. got the prescription. i should get the blood test tomorrow (couldve today), and then i get the pills asap.