Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RockstarNailbomb

I have become anorexic because of acne.

Hmm :/ what kinda foods break you out? Is it the common offenders like wheat sugar and processed things, or trickier stuf like fruit and veg? could you go to your doc and get on the waiting list to see a nutrionist/dietician, you may need to talk to ya parents aswell and change your shopping list a bit so you have more choice! Nutritionist might make you keep a food/skin diary or do an elimination diet which could be really helpful

its best to eat something than nothing, there must something you know thats safe?

A long detox may help as well caus allergies and intolerances are sometimes a sign of the body having too much to deal with (probably why your skin clears when you don't eat, i have that too). Have you tried drinking apple cider vinegar? Its meant to be really good for digestion so maybe that would help? Also switch to mineral water instead of tap wherever possible, it reallyy does make a diference (to me)

Good luck man i hope you get some proper advice caus i'm sure there's a way of manipulating it :) check this out for more clues http://www.vivawoman.net/2008/11/21/cheek-...r-time-to-heal/

I am so sorry you're going through this. I was anorexic throughout high school. It almost killed me. It wasn't related to my acne-I actually didn't start breaking out until after I had recovered. Sometimes I wonder if my acne started because I stopped being anorexic, so I stop eating for a few days again. It is easy not to eat then because my acne makes me so sick to my stomach that I don't want to eat anyway. But trust me this is not the road to go down! The longer you go without eating the more damage you will do to your overall health. I am so unhealthy in so many ways because of the damage I did to my body while anorexic. It's better to have acne than to damage your organs or even die. Plus, acne has many, many causes other than diet. I have found that for me, the main cause is stress. The best way I've found to reduce stress is to distract myself from my acne by going out and doing things with friends and family. I feel so much happier and healthier when I'm not focusing on my acne and my skin actually seems to clear up a bit when I'm not stressing about it. I know it is hard to do this, I have had a hard time leaving the house because of my acne many times, but you can't let it ruin your life. In high school I limited myself socially because I thought I was fat even though I was a skeleton so I missed out on a lot. I am trying to remind myself that other people never judge me as negatively as I seem to judge myself, so I shouldn't miss out on even more of my life now because of acne. Please take care of yourself. Your health is more important than the way your skin looks. There are other, safer ways to control acne. Good luck.

You should go on accutane again and please eat!! You can die from being anerexic and its seriously not healthy for you i mean please at least eat some foods like fruits or veggies (they dont make u break out right?)

Here are the effects (from wikipedia)

* Extreme weight loss

* Body mass index less than 17.5 in adults, or 85% of expected weight in children

* Stunted growth

* Endocrine disorder, leading to cessation of periods in girls (amenorrhoea)

* Decreased libido; impotence in males

* Starvation symptoms, such as reduced metabolism, slow heart rate (bradycardia), hypotension, hypothermia and anemia

* Abnormalities of mineral and electrolyte levels in the body

* Thinning of the hair

* Growth of lanugo hair over the body

* Constantly feeling cold

* Zinc deficiency

* Reduction in white blood cell count

* Reduced immune system function

* Pallid complexion and sunken eyes

* Creaking joints and bones

* Collection of fluid in ankles during the day and around eyes during the night

* Tooth decay

* Constipation

* Dry skin

* Dry or chapped lips

* Poor circulation, resulting in common attacks of 'pins and needles' and purple extremities

* In cases of extreme weight loss, there can be nerve deterioration, leading to difficulty in moving the feet

* Headaches

* Brittle fingernails

* Bruising easily

* Fragile appearance; frail body image

* Slowing of the rate of growth of breasts

* drastic changes in blood pressure upon standing

OMG thats SO not worth having over pimples!!!

TONS of people DIE from being anorexic, please do eat. One of my friends was bullimic and threw up right after she ate, me and my friends eventualy caught on and we would stop her from throwing up. After she was done eating one of us would follow her to the bathroom, saying we had to fix our makeup or whatever, and for some reason she didnt throw up when one of us was wit her, so we followed her until one day. STOP FRIGGIN FOLLOWING ME, I MEAN I AM YOUR FRIEND BUT I HAVE PERSONAL BUISNESS TO TAKE CARE OF! and she finally admiteed it and my friend Melissa waz there so she texted us and we went there as soon as possible, she admitted she was bullimic after 3 weeks of following her. We took her to the conselor and she was admitted to some phycologist or something like that and she went to the docter after we told her mother, and she was seriously underweight, 5'3 84 pounds, she easily got brusied and she was really pale, right after that,she thanked us and now we're glad we told her mom..and had the talk about not being bullimc/anorexic because the doctor told her the effects/what bullimic would do to her, and that included having her teeth and throat pratctially rot from making herself throw up, SO PLEASE DO EAT!!

P.S SORRY THIS IS SO LONG BUT SERIOUSLY I DONT WANT YOU TO DIE!!

Really? Is this a sick joke? Your not eatting because you have acne? I'm not rying to be mean, but that is one of the worst decisions I've ever heard. Start eatting again and see if your acne getts worse.

wow, i thought this was just something that i thougt.... seriously i am exactly the same, i dont eat chocolate, sweets, bread, chrips biscuits etc etc and eveytime when i do eat something i think is this really worht breaking out over id much rather starve,. its a really bad way of thinking. but i find when i go for a few days without eating anything i feel happy that i am in control of my body... its really terrifying what having spots does to not only ur apperence but ur mental health... i swear i live, breathe and will die becoz of my skin.

please get help though , u have to think u only live once and this is ur life - and i know how depressing and sad it is . most of the time i am my own worst enenmy.

I really hope u feel better soon x x x

listen to colbie calbat Battle x

Really? Is this a sick joke? Your not eatting because you have acne? I'm not rying to be mean, but that is one of the worst decisions I've ever heard. Start eatting again and see if your acne getts worse.

No this is not a joke, i seriously can't eat food because in the back of my head I always think that its going to break me out. Its really taking control of my life. Ive become a total recluse and ive lost a shitload of weight .my BMI is 18.3 %.....Not sure what i should do.

If you're really reacting this way to your fear of acne, you need to A) talk to your doctor and B) see a therapist.

What you're doing is unhealthy. I understand that you don't want to break out, but to starve yourself because of that fear is unreasonable. You need to eat to survive. Clear skin, however, is not essential to life.

Again, if you're letting acne or the fear of acne control your life to this extent, you need to seek professional help.

If you're really reacting this way to your fear of acne, you need to A) talk to your doctor and B) see a therapist.

What you're doing is unhealthy. I understand that you don't want to break out, but to starve yourself because of that fear is unreasonable. You need to eat to survive. Clear skin, however, is not essential to life.

Again, if you're letting acne or the fear of acne control your life to this extent, you need to seek professional help.

your right, this is just stupid...I need to decide whether i want to break out and be healthy or have clear skin and be underweight...

And its not like this is the only thing that bothers me either, im constantly paranoid that everyones watching what i do and i always explode at people who have never done anything to me. I have no problem making friends, but when it comes down to hanging out with them and stuff i get bored of them and i stop making plans and stuff. I make new friends and repeat the whole cycle over again. Im pretty sure i have a severe case Of BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) also. The messed up thing is that i never had any of this before accutane...not sure if theirs a connection or not though.

And its not like this is the only thing that bothers me either, im constantly paranoid that everyones watching what i do and i always explode at people who have never done anything to me. I have no problem making friends, but when it comes down to hanging out with them and stuff i get bored of them and i stop making plans and stuff. I make new friends and repeat the whole cycle over again. Im pretty sure i have a severe case Of BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) also. The messed up thing is that i never had any of this before accutane...not sure if theirs a connection or not though.

No this is not a joke, i seriously can't eat food because in the back of my head I always think that its going to break me out. Its really taking control of my life. Ive become a total recluse and ive lost a shitload of weight .my BMI is 18.3 %.....Not sure what i should do.

I believe you. There was an article I read that is showing this type of eating disorder is growing. You need to get an allergy test done to stop all the worrying thoughts in your head. I think it will cut down a lot of the doubts.

You should seek professional therapy. Maybe start researching more on diet to find the best foods you can eat.