Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have moderate acne and have a quick question. 2-3 years ago I was prescribed retin-a micro and at a later time tazorac. Nothing got me completely clear, however I think it's because I never really used them correctly, no cleansing and moisturizing, and most likely used to much of the product.. About 6 weeks ago I started dans regimen after a period of not using any products on my face. Dan's regimen did break me out slightly, but now I have maybe 2-3 active pimples at most. Buttt I guess the downside of benzoyle peroxide is the red marks left after! Since my skin could be clearer I was wondering if I were to go to the derm and get a prescription for either retin- a micro or differin and use them properly this time! Do you think I would still be subject to an initial breakout despite using dans regimen? Should I maybe 2-3 times a week use dans regimen in the morning? Or even alternate days? I'm going to really wean myself into whatever retinoid I receive and maybe use it only 2x a week at the beginning than 3x and so on. Thanks!

Forgot to include this. The main reason I'm interested in a retinoid is because the pores on my nose and areas next to it under my eyes are clogged and I would love to clear all that out.