Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MMApinoy1

No one wants to fight the boy with acne.

Im currently doing wrestling/jiujitsu/TKD/MMA at this one gym and have been doing MA for 10 years. I have severe cystic acne, and it includes pustules, whiteheads, the works. I've noticed that both the guys and girls dont really want to spar with me, and I heard from someone that its because of my acne. martial arts especially jujitsu requires a lot of contact, But come on!!!!!! it's not like you can get infected just with a little bit of skin contact...jeez louise!!!! I've been trying out proactive, salacylic acid, and some other filipino astringent. It worked to some extent but it just mainly dried it up...plus the products mentioned dosent really work that good for someone who sweats a lot especially during practice. Please help. Because I want to beat up these dumb pricks.

Have you been to see a dermatologist yet? If you have severe cystic acne its unlikely that otc products will be enough for you, going to see a derm would be the best move for you. Good luck with the fighting im sure someone will step up soon.

You likely don't need the astringent in addition to the other two products you're already using. This site's regimen is a less expensive and, judging by its success, better, alternative to Proactive. Read about it; you'll also be able to find the products you need at a nearby drug store if you can't import them from this site.

Treat your skin gently; acne prone skin is sensitive skin. When showering, don't use hot water. Lukewarm is fine and much more gentle and far less drying. "Drying" is not what you want to be doing to your skin as that is just irritating and can lead to worsened breakouts.

You want to fight the infection and the clogged pores and microcomedones to prevent further acne. Benzoyl peroxide is great at fighting infection. Salicylic acid in general (depending on the formulation and other ingredients) is great at exfoliation and stopping the formation of microcomedones.

Make sure your diet isn't also leading to aggravated acne. Check out the nutrition and holistic health forum. Great information there!

Any technique that claims to clear skin in three days or a week is a scam and a lie to separate you from your money. Or simply exaggerated for self-importance.

I myself love glycolic acid. It's my holy grail. :)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Hopefully it disappears soon. Do you guys have any opinions regarding laser acne treatment?

You likely don't need the astringent in addition to the other two products you're already using. This site's regimen is a less expensive and, judging by its success, better, alternative to Proactive. Read about it; you'll also be able to find the products you need at a nearby drug store if you can't import them from this site.

Treat your skin gently; acne prone skin is sensitive skin. When showering, don't use hot water. Lukewarm is fine and much more gentle and far less drying. "Drying" is not what you want to be doing to your skin as that is just irritating and can lead to worsened breakouts.

You want to fight the infection and the clogged pores and microcomedones to prevent further acne. Benzoyl peroxide is great at fighting infection. Salicylic acid in general (depending on the formulation and other ingredients) is great at exfoliation and stopping the formation of microcomedones.

Make sure your diet isn't also leading to aggravated acne. Check out the nutrition and holistic health forum. Great information there!

Any technique that claims to clear skin in three days or a week is a scam and a lie to separate you from your money. Or simply exaggerated for self-importance.

I myself love glycolic acid. It's my holy grail. :)

Thanks. I'll give the site's regimen a shot. Do you have any opinions regarding laser acne treatment, or that procedure where they cauterize the inflammation? My former Muay Thai instructor told me about the latter procedure. It seems very pricey. I went to the Esthetician's office and they said that a single appt. causes $150, (three appts are required) and it dosent include the products. I've heard both procedures are faster than topical, as well as oral treatments. Thanks for the help and I greatly appreciate it.

Try fighting it from inside. There's alot of good info in the holistic/nutritional area of this message board. I've seen some amazing results posted there, of course I don't have the discipline to follow alot of the recommendations, but I'm lazy :D

I have been using B5 and having good luck with it though.

You should ditch MMA and take up Boxing

isnt Boxing big in The Philippines now ?

I'm filipino American , but yes its big in the Philippines but MMA is also starting to gain some popularity.